32 coaches online • Server time: 11:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Like the concept?
Looks like fun!
81%
 81%  [ 199 ]
so...
3%
 3%  [ 9 ]
i hate it (even there would be few legendary players...)
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
ah go on go on go on!
8%
 8%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 244

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2006 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
<b>Background</b>
Many pro BB leagues exist throughout the old world and beyond. In the cutthroat world of BB, not all players start off with a Pro team. The majority of players play in the 7's League. 7's teams tend to be highly disorganised! There are the players with individul talent, but teamwork on the whole is somewhat lacking! To promote the interest of this sport, and an attempt to get more players involved, Cabalvision have hereby started a 7's league. In time, it is hoped a team can arise and become legendary, like the Lizardman team from the southern islands of Fridgi!

<b>Rules</b>
1) Must have a maximum of 7 players in the squad, you can however, hire players to play if some off your squad are MNG, and the total players on the field should not exceed 7 on each side!
2) No rerolls may ever be bought, this reflects the lack of teamwork within teams. However, you may use rerolls that you get from kickoff results!
3) Star Players will never show up to a game, the low standard of play means that no star player worth his salt would ever seen with "that lot of losers!". Same goes for Wizards, and master Chefs cannot buy any extra ingredients.
4) As there is no way to show a roll for the player being scouted and taken for a pro BB league, ageing roll will be used instead. If your player ages, you must retire him to represent the fact he has been transferred. So, if your player sustains any injury, you must provide a link to said injury in the match they were injured in the specified players bio, to stop the cheats! <b>If you refuse to retire a player who has aged, then your teams will be kicked from the league and you will be banned from applying with any other teams to this league!</b>. This is to keep it fair for everyone
6) No handicaps are banned, if you suffer a virus its your own lookout!
7) No restriction on apoths, coaches or cheerleaders
8) This is a fun easygoing league, if you lack social skills, then maybe this isnt the league for you ;)

<b>Schedule</b>
The league is an open round robin schedule, with a few Instant Tournaments thrown in for good measure. The top teams from the round robin scedule progress to the playoffs, whish is a weekly KO tournament.

<b>Team Creation</b>
1) Big Guys are not allowed to participate in the league, it is just far too expensive to feed them and they ruin any chances the teams have of winning! The notable exceptions are stunties, Treemen help out their halfling friends out of pride, and Trolls are too stupid to realise they could get paid, so goblins are allowed them too! Ogre Teams can participate, as they arent Big Guys! ;)
2) As money is scarce in the league, the teams cant affort expensive stars, so to represent this <b>positional limits are halved</b>, meaning you may have 1 Wardancer, or 2 Black Orc Blockers
3) Teams must be LRB compliant teams, i.e. no Chaos Flings (maybe in the future!)

<b>Misc</b>
1) Channel will hopefully be called #BB7s
2) You can have as many teams in the league as you like, as long as they meet all the requirements outlined above. If you have more than one team eligible for the playoffs, you may select one to take, you can have no more than one team in the playoffs
3) Teams must be new and be in [U]

Group Link
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3433

Revised Rules!

Last edited by SnakeSanders on Apr 23, 2006 - 18:28; edited 1 time in total
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2006 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent idea for a league. Very Happy

If I had an [U] slot available (which I unfortunately have not) I would participate if big guys were not allowed for non-stunties and the max number for positionals divided by 2.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2006 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

lol thats interesting! It would disallow Ogres, who could be quite fun with the whole TTM thing and 0RR Smile meaning 4 Ogres and 3 gobs

Would you take a big guy and put him in with a bunch of unreliable players? in LRB he has something to fall back on, Ill thinkk on it for a while though Smile

1/2 the positionals make sense though
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2006 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogre team ogres aren't big guys. Very Happy
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2006 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL, there is more to you Farinroderel than meets the eye! Just playing devils advocate for a moment though, why should BG's be disallowed? note, Im easy going on the matter Smile
tadgoraucymru

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2006 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

If I retired all the niggles, cancelled the rerolls and transferred them to unranked would these be eligable.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=242330

I think they'd look good playing sevens 1 or 2 experienced players helping the rookies develop, be just like Hong Kong or Melrose.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2006 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point - can thy be old teams or do we have to make new teams and fire players?

And if we have old teams can we brint them in injured?

Looks fun though - I'm in! (When Brownrob makes up his mind about positionals and BGs.)

Pete

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2006 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile

Just updated the rules

tadgoraucymru, not just sure at the minute about the experienced team, if they were to come inthey would need to go to [U] and lose the 2 RR as well, as well as the nigglers. I initially plan to have a massive open Round Robin scedule so there are plenty f opponents and you cant play the same team twice, well if you had a few teams in then you could! Wink , but not sure what TR that team of yours would have, ill think it over
Frankencow

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2006 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like fun, was waiting to see if Rugby 7s ended up being applied to Blood Bowl after the Commonwealth Games. Will definitely make a team.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2006 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

As soon as you've clarified the entry requirement's I'm in.

I can see where your coming from in downsizing existing teams it gives the potential for 7 "stars"straight from the off. I felt it might be a good way of saving a team I had become attached to but was really stuggling to stay alive in the full league.

I'm just as happy starting afresh I think it'll be loads of fun.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2006 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

yep pete, those are pretty much the final rules

this will introduce more interesting tactical choices, no rerolls so you can expect to see a bit more Pro, Sure Hands etc, the basic skills, which is good, mixes it up a bit, games will be faster yet have depth, again due to lack of RR, teams will have more character, due to lack of Big Guys (stunties excepted)

My only concern is about the ageing/draft issue, i think ive covered it well enough, but need the leage members to be vigilant and keep an eye out on such things!
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2006 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

anyway, i might try it with vampires, 2 vamps (getting pro!) and 5 thralls would be interesting, and fodder is cheap to replace, what with thralls costing 20k to freeboot Very Happy
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2006 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

INNNNNNN!!!!!!

*edit

Kaos no Stars waiting approval.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?

Last edited by Hammerhiem on Apr 23, 2006 - 20:09; edited 1 time in total
seandon12

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2006 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Im in, any idea when its starting? and could sum1 PM me close to when it is close to start point

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2006 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, and it will be new teams only (perhaps for this season!)
 Jump to: