29 coaches online • Server time: 09:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Furious_George

Post   Posted: May 09, 2006 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Round One Unicorn Conference : Humans versus Woodelves.
This game couldnt have gone any other way from the first kick, all the dice abandoned ElGuappo, and Nuffle turned his back like a dissaproving father figure. Tackle after tackle resulted in downed elves, and eventually the Humans ran out victors in a 4-1 match. ElGuappo suffered two Miss Next Games and two Dead elves!?
Not pleasant at all.... Still, my humans are all healthy. And climbing the table to top spot I might add!

Post your excitations and lamentations here:

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
pac

Post   Posted: May 09, 2006 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

More news in from the Unicorn Conference:

Storm Warriors 1
Erik the Viking's Vikings 1

Yet another brutal game in what some are now calling a 'cursed' league. The elves' plan to skill up with some passing was blunted by the sun ... and their inability to catch. The Norse scored first in the second half - despite being a couple of players down - but elven dice (TM) arrived in the nick of time to rescue the tie for the Storm Warriors.

The league has seen five games so far, but only two match reports here! (Both by staff!) Brag about your triumphs; despair about your brutalised team! ... But do it here! Very Happy

Last edited by pac on Aug 30, 2006 - 16:51; edited 1 time in total
Britnoth

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1196932

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1197176

Hmm, what to say.

First game started with a blitz!, luckily the orcs were too slow to reach the midfield kick and the lizards quickly surrounded the ball. An early block from a saurus resulted in a -AV to a black orc, apo working. Attempts by 2 orc blitzers to put pressure on our skinks just resulted in them both being surfed, one for a BH. I carefully trundle downfield with my player advantage. Scoring in my turn 7, i get a blitz! in return and proceed to catch the kick, scoring in the last turn 2-0.
Second half I dodge into his cage and blitz the goblin ball carrier resulting in an mng gobbo, and with av9 being broken every turn it seems we both were rapidly losing players. I steal the ball and manage a 3rd TD, but at the cost of 2 mng and 1 -ST (on a saurus too)

Second game, with 8 players facing 9 chaos, once again av8 is paper as we rapidly reduce their numbers, this time only KO, but may as well be BH, as they all stayed out (0 of 9 KO rolls successful between us all game). Only two cas this game, an apothed rip on a dodging goat, and an mng goat on a block. Krox failed several boneheads this game and watched the goats make several 4+ dodges away from him, not his best day. Match highlight is a saurus blitzing the ball carrier, knocking him over and catchign the 6+ scatter and walking it in for the TD. Smile

And I agree, this league is pretty much cursed with beaten up teams.
PeteW

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

hahahaha.

I got trashed by Natakutoo's chaos. First half was looking okay. And early KO allowed me to make the most of the half and I was able to stall happily.

Nakatukoo responded witha KO of his own, then followed it up by killing Ruoste and SIing N00bthor. Second half was all Chaos - Rotters didn't stand a chance.

Rotters receiving at 1-1 => quad skulls. Rotters receiving at 1-2 => blitz. Not good with 8 players!

So, I have 10 players to face the might of Thorpe_star's front loaded orcs. Let's hope DarthScotland messes him up with his necro claws!

Go Necros!

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Continuing the trend of the league my goats walked out of the game leaving their opponents somewhat undermanned.
I'd like to put the game down to my superior team building and on pitch strategy, but really I'm a great big lucker. Very Happy
It was a good match though, and but for some bad luck PeteW could've made it 2-2 easily.
And, incidentally, go Orcs! Bash those necros good. I'd like to order up some MNG wolves Razz
phil78

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1195878

First game in the lion conference, and yet another game where the luck was as one sided as a Jimmy White's ballsack.

The game strted with a straightforward rats 2 turn TD. The chaos team then rapidly stomed up the pitch and to score all that had to happen was theball carrying beastman had to blitz away a gutterrunner before strolling into the end zone but als doubl skulls swiftly folowedby a quicjk run and pass up the field to let a lurking storm vermin make it 2-0 atthe half.
Moreof the smein the second half with the rats causing 3 SI while merely sufering a solitary BH, and in themiddle of it al a storm vermin took down the chaos warrior with a -2d block, a featalmost repeated later by a mere thrower who brought downthewarrior only to fall himselfunhurt of course).

Orcs next and I can't wait.
Furious_George

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

unlucky phil, and, excuse me but... isyourspacebarbrokentoo?
Couldnt help myself, sorry Smile Looks like a tough game youve got next :/ Glad I have more elves to beat up and get fat on the spp of Very Happy

Me Loves Futurama
phil78

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
but... isyourspacebarbrokentoo?

nope, it's just my typing thats broken Very Happy

and i was the lucky one Twisted Evil go rats!
BiggieB

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The hungarians started the season with an early win altough on the unknown sources that suggest that a lucky goal made it 2 - 1, the coach commented: "It was in no way lucky, maybe it looked lucky for the spectators, but the true superiority of the common hungarian player is then not taken in account."

After this easy victory the clearly superior hungarian team is looking to properly humiliate the norse and show the world the that hungarians should of be kings of the universe.

Stay tuned for more
ultwe

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

BiggieB wrote:
The hungarians started the season with an early win altough on the unknown sources that suggest that a lucky goal made it 2 - 1, the coach commented: "It was in no way lucky, maybe it looked lucky for the spectators, but the true superiority of the common hungarian player is then not taken in account."

Aie and everyone who was watching via CabalVision though......
Tosh..!

actually, it was a good game, hope for revenge soon

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
PistolPete

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm,

How to sum this up, well lets start by say I was pure and simply out played.

First turn, my Orc's got a blitz but as I had set them back to try and stop those speedy skinks, I wasn't able to put any pressure on.

And then the carnage seemed to start, Sauraus block on one of my Black Orc's SI thankfully the appo worked, but this is only turn 1.

I then tried to put some pressure on the ball carrier with two of my Blitzers, who both ended up all on their own, and then in the crowd resulting in a BH for one of them.

The turn's seemed to be going very quickly after this point, and I seemed to be losing players quicker than my opponent, with a combination of K.O's and B.H's.

The bottom line is, I took a chance which didn't pay off, and lost too many players to give me a fighting chance. Ok I did do damage to my opponent, with 3 SI, but to take 3BH, and 2SI(one saved) it didn't help.

But as I said, this game I was out played and I don't want to take anything away from a well deserved victory, so well done Brit.

Pete Wink
phil78

Post   Posted: May 13, 2006 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

More carnage this afternoon with PistolPete's orcs forgetting to wear their armour.
The rats caused 5 casualties including a niggle on a blitzer after a failed apo.

Not much more to say than hard luck Pete and better luck with your other games.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1201804
PistolPete

Post   Posted: May 13, 2006 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

How to sum this game up...easy WHAT A DISASTER.

Ok, I'm not going to take anything away from my opponent, he did what was required and then some.

I manged to suffer 5 CAS, 4 BH, and 1 SI(not saved, but I tried). And this is to rats.

The gutter's did what the're meant to, and scored lots. I'm surprised that I only had 4 TD's against me, it could have been maybe 1 or 2 more.

Well played.

And who do I go up against next, two mothers. This I am not looking forward too.
Furious_George

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans vs Elves, Plenty of elfbowling, not too many smashed elves (cant win em all) but plenty of TD's. Went down to the wire with my blitzer going over in turn 16, plenty fun.
Nuffle was in attendance, and saw to it that the first half went my way, he did however ensure that whenever those elves went one dice blocking, that they were successful in their attempts. This win takes Marienburg Athletic to the top of the group. Reasoning: Nuffle's got my back at the moment. Potential problems: Nuffles fickle, and I'm not a great coach Very Happy

Me Loves Futurama
pac

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

A pleasant spell of elf-balling between the Storm Warriors and Marienburg Athletic - featuring some bone-headed (but successful) one dice blocking on both sides - went right down to the wire. A late ball-snatch could have put the elves free and clear for the winning touchdown, but instead the pass was missed, and Marienburg made no mistake this time, their Blitzer fending off a desperate last-elf defence to run in the winner.

Both sides also dodged the White Isle curse (1 BH each) to go into their next matches at full strength.

Jump to: