42 coaches online • Server time: 11:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like a tourney based on the olimpic games
yes
35%
 35%  [ 14 ]
no
64%
 64%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 39

bardulf

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2004 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all I'm working in the idea of an olimpic Theme tourney

I only have a probably name : Orklimpics

and two or three rules. As in olimpic games you will try to be the fastest (score TD), be the strogest (Bh,SI,RIP) and the best thrower you can be. so only races than can throw players would be admited, but i can change my mind.

but to continue i'll know if it will be a good idea. And I'll like to receive more ideas about how you will imagin your own orklimpics.

thanks for your time.
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

how about not just allowing teams who can throw, how about having different 'events', so for example:
sprinting: player with longest rush (100m sprint, etc)
throwing: player with most 'throw team mate' completions (discus, shotputt...)
accuraccy: player with most completions (shooting, archery...)
toughness: player with most injuries caused (boxing...)
endurance: player with most injuries recieved(errr, rowing???)
hand-eye co-ordination: player with most interceptions (clay pigion shooting?)
somthing that will relate to most touchdowns when i think of it

and of course, the main event,
winner: team that wins the bb tournemnt, obviously (football, obviously, although no-one really follows it in the real olimpics)

i am sure i will think of more events, but to make it like the olimpics, have lots of mini prizes like this, awarded to induvidual players rather than teams,

"Best Bar in This Street"
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

well that seems to have been a mistake, before i posted it was 3-0 to the 'yes' voters, now its only 4-3, oh well, i thought my ideas were good, at least i voiced them i suppose

8-6 to the nos now, if only someone would tell me why...

Phreedh

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

How about the olympics instead?
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

i was thinking that too, but give that man a break, he is spanish, if thats the only reason people are voting against it i think its a shame

kurre

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Id be happy to participate if it was the special olympics.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

so you mean, you can only participate, if you have a team full of players with at least one lasting injury?
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2004 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

no, there would be a prize for the player who has the most injuries, but that doesnt mean you can only play if your entire team is injured, that would just be silly, maybe i didnt explain myself well earlier

what i thought when i thought of a bloodbowl olympic style tournement, was to have a normal bb tournement , with an overall winner, like any other tournement, but then afterwards there would be special prizes awarded to players who achieved soem sort of special feat, most injuries, interceptions or whatever

i think i may have explained this rather badly before, if i understand circularlogic's post correctly, its not that there is 12 different tournements, only one, but there are many prizes

bardulf

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2004 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

First i'll like to Thank for your ideas and all are wellcome.

I think people are voting against the idea, because they think i would like a tournament based on the RP of the olimpics but i dont.

I would preffer a BB game, but as PhilMan says there will be special prices for the best players.
The best runner, the best thrower ... etc. Nothing really new but as Fumbbl is an international comunity i hope there will be some people that would like to represent their country.

I'm also thinking in a pre-olimpic games tourney to select the best players of all.

As i said in first post the idea is very raw but i'm working in a thing that would be cool.
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2004 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

yeh, thats what i was thinking when i read this post, but i must have made it sound different when i posted my ideas, reading back today i can see how they could be misinterpretted. i think the representing of countries would also be quite a cool idea (may i be the first to stand for team GB),

Jump to: