18 coaches online • Server time: 08:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
morraywolfymax

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Man just got totally sucker punched into watching a total chick flick!

"Ugly Truth"

I saw the lead actress and thought schwing this should be alllllright! I wanted to go and watch Inglorious Basterds but settled for this otherwise I'd never hear the end of it from the mouth! (Girlfriend...One that just stung me in my blog!)

Anyway...Whilst watching the film (That was out of focus btw!) I began thinking if I was a bloodbowl player what would my stats and skills be?

So after a long hard thought of realistically how Id shape up I have come up with a comparative line up for both myself and me best buddy Vampy! Very Happy

So my sporting background lies mostly in cognative sports (Swimming, running) but along with that I played a lot of Rugger and did 3-4 martial arts and Boxing (Enough to know how to hurt someone quite easily!) All that and I've been in a few scraps so on that basis I've came up with my stats...

Max

5 3 3 8 - Tackle, mighty blow, side step.

I get my tackle from being pretty handy at tackling in rugby, mightyblow from a few punches I've launched in my day and side step because I have a pretty good sense of balance. MA 4 because I'm kinda average speed nothing special 100m in 14 I think. str3 cause I'm pretty average there, AG3 cause I'm quite agile and a decent armour cause I've also aken a few punches in my time as well and not fallen over! Very Happy

Vampy

3 4 3 9 block, mighty blow, dirty player, n

Heh heh, he'll probably laugh at the niggle but he does have dodgey knees!

Dans probably a little slower than me but a bit stronger, doubt he has the agility that I do so is AG3 and no tackle but can probably hold his own toe to toe so he has block...AND he's a dirty C**T in a fight (Bending his own brothers thumb back in a fight till it broke!!!!) so he's got dirty player.

I just thought this was funny to think about and to see what sort of crazy combinations we came up with on here...

SO WHATS YOUR STATS!?

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. I have played alot of years, and was the goal keeper.. I was still one of the fastest guys on the field tho.
I think im something like this:

7 3 3 9 Thick Skull(cant recall how many times I've been shot in the head!), Hail Mary Pass (throw for the counter attack, I was not accurate Very Happy), Block (Cause I well.. blocked the ball), Leap (did alot of this) and last.. Really Stupid (cause you god damn have to be to be a keeper in handball!!!!)
morraywolfymax

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha top! Nice one, yea handball looks crazy as!

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Since I'm not vampy, but i am Dan, I'm going to give a different profile

7 3 3 7 Thick Skull, Catch, Dodge n, -ma, -av

I'm fast, always was, but I'm not special strong or agile. I get thick skull because I've taken several concussions and kept running, and same with my ribs. The niggle comes from 2 bad knees and a bad hip, along with the two stat downs. When I was young, I could run around gosh darn near anyone, but once they got me, it was over, so dodge, no block. And since I played wideout in American football and outfield in baseball, I got lots of chances to make catches.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

hhm....

6 3 3 8 (im an average guy)

Thick Skull : I dont know the meaning of down!
Frenzy : Why hit once when you can hit repeatedly?
Kick : Hell, I'm a taekwondo player!

certainly niggled : the mind is willing, but the body is getting older! Reconstructive shoulder surgery is a pain!

No wild animal/DP etc....it amuses me how much I love fouling here yet abhor foul play in all other arenas!

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Neat thread, really made me stop and think to try and be realistic...comparing of course to the basic human lino. came up with...

8247 Dodge, Dauntless, Shadowing, Tackle

God awful with the ball itself, or standing up to the line, but really good at sneaking in the hole to take down the carrier
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

6 3 3 7 Jump Up, sprint, dirty player, Always Hungry

regular guy that stays down for nothing, runs a lot, will take you out , but tends to munch a bit.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, based on experiences playing football and basketball, I'd have to be something like:

8(7) 2 3 10 Pass Block, Shadowing, Dauntless, Dodge, Sidestep, Always Hungry, -ma

Reasoning: I was always pretty fast (MA8), but have now lost a bit of that pace (-ma, Probably due to the fact I've acquired the Always Hungry characteristic in recent years) but still quicker than most of my mates. I play defence mostly, and tend to use my reading of the game to be in the right place at the right time (Pass Block), and am usually able to stick relentlessly to any attacker (Shadowing).
Whilst i'm not exactly the strongest player around, when defending I'll usually put myself head-to-head with the most skillful oppo (St2, Dauntless).
For some reason, I'm also remarkably difficult to knock over (Dodge, Sidestep) -- in fact i think i've been floored about 6 times in the past ten years, playing at least one game per week. This has probably contributed to the next fact : I've never left a game with a sporting injury (Av10).

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Chuckling to myself while reading this, I just realized that I am a flesh golem...

4-4-2-9 Stand Firm, Regenerate

I am not very fast, stronger than the average zombie, not prone to falling over despite being quite clumsy, and I had some weird experiences with regeneration (according to a surgeon that operated on me, my body tried to regenerate tendons. I was born with a third set of teeth too. Wow, come to think of it I am pretty disgusting.)

Fun thread...
banjohunter

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

4 3 2 9 Block, Tackle, Dirty Player, Guard, Piling On, Frenzy

Don't care about the ball. Don't care to run. Mess with me or my mates and find a world of hurt.

EDIT: Hey, I'm a thick skull short of being a longbeard. About as terse too.

Last edited by banjohunter on Aug 16, 2009 - 03:22; edited 1 time in total
Tymless

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

5/3/4/7 block regen dp dauntless claw

P.S. Edit. I have claw cause I wear 9 rings and have for 10 years, they work exactly like Brass Knuckles. So maybe MB instead of claw and I have been training in martial arts all my life.

Last edited by Tymless on Aug 16, 2009 - 05:26; edited 2 times in total
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

8 1 5 7 Dodge, side step, diving tackle, Jump up, catch

quick agile and almost impossible to catch, but if I do get caught its game over for me

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

6 . 2 .3 .6

Skills: dodge; tackle; side step; sprint; sure feet, shadow, diving tackle

An industrious little back field player, that tries harder than his skills would usually permit.
Drahm

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say my stats are, 7, 2, 4, 7, sure feet, sure hands and sprint.

Basic kinda skills person, good on my feet and with my hands, but not great at taking hits, and as usually i'm a wing player, most times, IM GOING INTO THE CROWD Sad
morraywolfymax

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

HAHA, this has actually turned into quite the fun thread!

So far we have

max (Human lino)
5 3 3 8 - tackle, MB, side step
Vampy (Old Mummy)
3 4 (2) 9 - block, MB, DP, n
Aecrylis (War dancer without brains)
7 3 3 9 - thick skull, hail marry, block, leap, really stupid
Dragons Maw (Gutter Runner past his prime Very Happy)
7 3 3 7 - Thick Skull, Catch, Dodge, -ma, n , -AV
Calcium (Fast wierd dwarf???)
6 3 3 8 - Thick skull, Frenzy, kick
Captainmakor (Human catcher MISSILE!)
8 2 4 7 - dodge, dauntless, shadowing, tackle
Arktoris (Some sort of large mean dark elf lino!)
6 3 3 7 - Jump up, sprint, dirty player, always hungry
Kyrtie (Human catcher with that wierd disease where you can't fee pain)
7 2 3 10 - Pass Block, Shadowing, Dauntless, Dodge, Sidestep, Always Hungry, -ma
Gabeln (like he said he's a flesh golem!)
4 4 2 9 - SF, regenerate.
Banjohunter (The angry dwarf!)
4 3 2 9 - Block, Tackle, Dirty Player, Guard, Piling On, Frenzy
Tymless (Mean slow WereWolf!...How do you have claw!!!!Very Happy lol!)
5 3 4 7 block regen dp dauntless claw
Shades_SteelFist (An annoying human catcher that wont ever go down!)
8 1 5 7 - Dodge, side step, diving tackle, Jump up, catch

Hah, turning into quite the good team I recon! Very Happy