39 coaches online • Server time: 13:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
p4m

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

HERE WE GO...
Lottery had his drive and i would say congratz to the winners of the qualifiers and to the winners of lottery....
FYI: the main draw will support the king of the hill setup and so we have to wait for all games to be played before walk on to the next round and predictions.

First Round

Game I
SkolopenderImageLow Few (182 / 107) vs ImageI Say You Fellows (294 / 256)Malmir

Skolo's first match up is a hard one, but we know that gobos like to play with warpstone as does rats so the will get all the cheers of the crowd... but in the end they wont stand a chance...

result 2-0 for Malmir
4-0 for Malmir damn i was sure the little freaks would do some more cas, anyway kudos for bronging gobos to a tourney @skolo

AlibabaImageExtraordinary Brotherhood (319 / 244) vs ImageArthalian Rocketeers (332 / 296)Manp

BIG Chaos vs BIG Dark Elves... this will a pretty hard match for both coaches... both teams have no money left so... its a walk on the edge... i go for the chaos (partly cos Manp punshed me out of the tourney;-) )

2-1 for Alibaba
2-0 for Manp oh.. that happens when claw+rsc isnt able to break armor Wink

Game I
QazImageLone Stars (279 / 244) vs ImagePoems (280 / 237)Leijonet

Chaos vs Chaos... both teams are well known, both coaches are respected ones... 3 niggles on Qaz' team, 2 on key players ...but having little more cash..
this game will decided by getting rid of players... i believe this game will give us a good carnage Very Happy

result 2-2 in OT as i cant say who will win this bloodbath
2-1 for Leijonet Oh well it was a carnage, but just for 1 team... game was given to the dice ... =)

rafadavilaImageMagerit Revengers (266 / 242) vs ImageHouse (288 / 248) WarriorTsuke

and another Chaos - DE match up, 4 niggles (2 on key players) for the DE will hurt them, if not this match than the next... the bashing abilites of the chaos is somewhat low (in respect to the other Chaos teams) but their ballhandlings skilz are uber... so even with wiz i believe chaos will make it

2-1 for warriortsuke
1-0 for rafadavila hard hitting elves changed everything Wink - lets see how they will perform in next round

Last edited by p4m on Feb 17, 2010 - 10:25; edited 3 times in total
Ameranth

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

So who were the lottery winners? Saves me having to look at who got 2nd place in each division to figure it out.

Also, I'm wondering how many people applied for the single open lottery spot.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Ameranth wrote:
So who were the lottery winners? Saves me having to look at who got 2nd place in each division to figure it out.

There's a slight chance the goblins made it in that way Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Rumours in Skavenblight say that originally Rata Blanca was supposed to be playing the Low Few, as was decided by the High Skaven Fair Lottery Council. Therefore, Coach Malmir is accused of unfair methods and Black Magic, and will be drawn versus a Chaos Side next round (If he advances, as the rats are also chewing on the RNG cables, trying to get Rata Blanca into the next round and eliminating potential threads to a "fair" tournament)
Ameranth

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
There's a slight chance the goblins made it in that way Smile

So obviously I was true to my word, and didn't look at all . Wink
p4m

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Ameranth wrote:

Chaos of Leijonet (as runners up) (1 of 14)
Gobos by Skolopender and Lizzis of Doowa (1 of 52/51)
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

its good that lejonet got the spot as he was abit robbed by rats magic and nuffle in his final
Alibaba

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Diddyboy wrote:
its good that lejonet got the spot as he was abit robbed by rats magic and nuffle in his final

What do you mean? Twisted Evil
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

ohh sorry i messed upp Alibaba. it was Nachtogens Cult of shadows that was robbed by rats. sorry
Qaz

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Its just SO wrong that Poems got a spot! Alibaba learn to do your job right next time. If you put some one down you put em down for good and don't let them raise again for a second chance at revenge

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Leijonet

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess you'll have to do better then Qaz Razz

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

**Milford reporting from the WO main Draw**

Well Fumbbl fans the lottery was last night and it went off with out a hitch. This year the commitee got it right and did not start off another riot. It was amusing to hear the groans and a few cheers from the back bench when the Lo Few got the nod. You got to hand it to those goblins, they got spunk if nothing else. There was a few moments as a scuffle broke out as some Orcs charged the stage believing that all the orc teams were left out of the lottery. Of course we asked after the event was over to find out that all the chits had allready been burned. So we will never know if the accusation was true or not. My inside guy who I get all the good stuff was a little evasive on the question so my "gut" tells me there was something to that rumor. Many of the fans felt disapointment that a human team did not get drawn back in to keep the run going. But thats what happens when you get beat down and beat up and rely on luck to get you back in the main draw. Maybe next month at the UI.

Well we have a stellar field of Dark Elves and Chaos to look forward to and a dwarf team that seems to be on the cusp of greatness. Lets take a look at some of these match ups.

ImageRata Blanca 215/200
VS
ImageScanner Darkly 279/256

Well the Rata Blanca crew is in a sorry state of affairs at the moment. Their trials and tribulations have been well documented over the lull between the main draw. In the end these rats are goin to be running for their lives to win this one. Those Gutters better be in top form in this match if the Rata have even a slight chance.

The Scanners come into the is match ready to go. They have no perms to really worry about. They are a nice BLodge/sidestepping team that will cause fits for any team that lacks Tackle. This team has a shot at the title IF they can stay out of bad spots and limit the perms.

Scanner Darkly handles the Rata crew with ease and cruise to a 3-1 win.

ImageMagia PotaGiaII 275/242
VS
ImageLoA 235/203

Magia limps into the main draw with 2 players with niggles and their DP is MNG. They are going to be hard pressed to take on the ST of the LoA crew. But with elves you never can be sure. They might be a underdog in this match but I cant count them out completly. They do have the cash for a wizard so the Fireball TO for a TD will be in play.

LoA does not jump off the page as a killer CD team. But they have some serious firepower in their short roster and their bulls are more than capable of carrying the team. Getting the handicaps and the lack of DP on the elves will help them overcome any disadvantages they might confront

LoA should be able to move the LOS and keep control of this game. Their only worry will be if a wizard is lurking in the stands and the normal AG4 stuff that dwarfs need to be leery of.

LoA win this one in a close match 2-1 in the closing turns.

ImageViper Strike 249/209
VS
ImageName Is Bond 261/251

The Viper strike crew makes another main draw and a shot at glory. They have a very solid core of sauraus to pound the dwarfs into the pitch. Their skink are above average but nothing to be scared of. They are going to have to control the LOS and protect their skinks to have a shot in this one. BUT they are built for that type of game and should give the Bond crew a run for thier money. Also expect a Slann wizard to be wandering around somewere.

Name is Bond is on the cusp of greatness. They are a rock solid crew of dwarfs from the top of the roster to the bottom. They remind me of Competitve Eaters before they got bloated and loaded down with all those defilers of postional purity. If these dwarfs just play their game, conservative and close to the vest they will be very difficult to bring down in the main draw. This match though will test them as the Viper Strike crew is a very veteran team and know all the tricks of the trade.

Name is Bond gets all they can handle from the Viper Strike and barely pull off the win 2-1 in OT.

ImageLa Dwarf 252/226
vs
ImageBlack Revolver 298/259

The La Dwarf team is another really solid dwarf crew they also will be ready to rumble and give any team in the main draw a run for their money. They will be getting some handicaps which allways help out. They just cant let those elves get behind them and keep the ball infront of them and they should be ok.

The Black Revolvers are a very well built Dark Elf team that carries the normal Blodge/Sidestep lineup but with a little twist, they also have 4 guarders to open up those holes in the LOS for a well placed blitz move. If they can use that advantage to good use against the La Crew then they should be able to get behind the wall of defenders and control the "rock" and the game.

I like the La Dwarf team but the Black Revolvers have the firepower to take down the dwarfs and advance.
Revolver over the La Dwarf 2-0.

The La Dwarfs take this one 3-2 in a really nice match. But the Dwarfs were to much in OT as they grind the Revolvers into the pitch and stall out the entire OT and win this one.

Last edited by PainState on Feb 12, 2010 - 13:50; edited 2 times in total
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Aw man... I didn't win The Lottery... and I tried so hard to be lucky enough to win it. I may just have to win the next Warpstone Open Qualifier I'm in. Apparently, I'm just not lucky enough. Sad
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict that a dark elf team will win this tournament. I know, not a hard prediction to make!
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2010 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

**Milford reporting from the dark alleys of skavenblight**

Well Fumbbl fans I was witness to the gathering of the Postional Purity Movement in the back alleys of Skavenblight. The followers of the witch hunter Brimstone are mustering all their might, resources and contacts to take down the remaining two defilers of postional purity in the Warpstone Open.

Savage Forester-Howler
and
Ripbrood the Grasping

The PPM has regrouped from the disaster in the qualifier when they lost a lot of members in riots and mayhem at some of the venues. But they have picked up new recruits and a new ally inside the Skaven blood bowl commitee itself. During these meetings the plans for the upcoming Brotherhood match are complex and very devious.

Coach Alibaba better be worried about the on the field situation but will he be looking over his shoulder all day waiting for the axe to fall? Will this be to much for the Brotherhood to handle and they make a early exit?

But the biggest question of all.

Will the defilers of postional purity make it off the pitch alive?

We will see if the new plans the PPM are about to unleash will accomplish their goals.