53 coaches online • Server time: 13:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
do stunties in 4vs 4 need a twaek to balance thema bit?
yes they are pretty useless in 4vs4 format
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
no they are good enough as they are
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
what is 4vs4?
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
other... please post YOUR ideas for balancing things
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

buzzrocks

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2004 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

alright 4vs4 people im making apoll to get your opinion on the stunty teams... i think theyre badly underpowered, even for stunties... sure they should be *worse* than other teams but i think its quite ludicrous when your gobbos get trashed in the first few turns, and your left with two trolls that need to roll a 4+ to do anything, or some trees that *could* kick ass, except they cant catch any enemy players

and scoring with a big guy is a non event !!

so i think they need a lil tweak to make them competetive, i think they either need a reserve so they stand a chance in hell of scoring in the second half, or even make stuntys worth 0.5 players, so you can have a few of the little buggers to use... perhaps even make a separate 4vs4IT stunty leeg???

so whaddya think Smile
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2004 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I don't think that reserves or more players is a good idea - it is 4 vs 4, and that's that. Stunty teams are supposed to be worthless, and the non Gobbo/Fling teams are not really meant to stand up to 'real' teams. The best 'solution' would probably be a Stunty 4 vs 4 league for just them - I really don't see adding more players as a good option.

Maybe they could remove the Star Player ST restriction for stunties, it would make them a bit more powerful at the beginning, where they are weakest due to the prevalence of unskilled Big Guys. But that could end up unbalancing things in the other direction, making stunties unstoppable their first few games.

So, I suppose my vote to 'other' goes towards the idea of a 4 vs 4 stunty league. Although I'm not personally interested, I do feel bad when I SI the only pixie on a team with three sleeping treemen...and it doesn't make for a very fun match most of the time...
GreenAvenger

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2004 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes please - a spare brownie for the second half (or turn 3) would be excellent Very Happy
annachie

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2004 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want 4v4 with reserves, then come look at the Brew

Otherwise just leave them or have a seperate stunty tournement. Half the fun is getting them to work despite the handicaps.
buzzrocks

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2004 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

yes its true that its 4vs4 and i can see why people would not want to mess with that. however stunties are unfairly crippled i think... in normal bbowl their cost lets you have a huge team that can affford to take a few cas (which is inevitable with av6/7 and +1 to injuries) and you can use their manouverability to gang up on a player in crucial blocks during the game. plus they are great at putting in the boot, and TTM gives you a crack at one turn scores.

however, in 4vs4 these crucial advantages are stripped from the teams, they cant afford to take cas, with only one or two players that can actually pick up the ball. (the teams with trolls then lose half their actions for the rest of the game) you cant gang up or foul with one or two stunties, and its pretty hard to TTM effectively without some players to cover the field.

another thing is that in 4vs4 you usually have to line up your weaker players on the LOS quite regularly, and while this is fantastic to stop high movement/agility teams from overdominating, its a bit too much to line up a fairy on every drive and expect her to last very long. especially since you get some very nasty bashers on 4vs4.

but yeah i think they need a tweak, i enjoy playing them alot but a little bit of the wrong luck and your basically helpless for most of the game. this lets ppl rack u lots of SPP so i dont think they would complain, but surely watching two trolls stand there and drool might be a bit boring for some coaches of normal teams?
 Jump to: