20 coaches online • Server time: 07:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

JoeKano wrote:
um......i reread that and still have no idea what the discussion is about, but what the hey, it says Fouling so lets go sick and make another mega thread!

Die! Evil or Very Mad
Renegade

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Korso wrote:
What a stupid thread.

I second that, cept I add what a ........... stupid thread.

How about

Renegades Pubes: Correct length or require trimming?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

pffff ren' what a stupid post. No arguments nothing. did you ever undersatnd what was said?
Renegade

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, I didnt even read it. I foul every turn because I love annoying geeks. But I respect the time it took to write it.

P.S. Walmart currently stock some great sense of humours, go grab one... Wink
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

We dont need another one of these pointless threads
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Renegade and SpIkEdDeAmOn if you have too play me once I'll foul you turn 8. It's a promise. I said earlier this is not a foul thread but a tournament thread and title was only a joke.

I said anyone talk about fouls here I'll foul him. So be ready, there will be a time you will have forgotten my warning but I will not Twisted Evil .

Put me right now in you're personal black list. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
JoseBagg

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I think dwarf would rock, they all come with block and tackle, they would score plenty of cas, but if you tried to keep the cas all on one guy, your replacement cost would be low. But your fan factor stays high so you can buy new ones and everbody else is getting so jacked up you would be the only guy standing after a while. No need to worry about developing new players, long beards come developed right out of the box
Renegade

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

You're all in my black list. I'm only here to exterminate every nasty dice rolling geek on Fumbbl. bring it on son, bring it right on...
Imerikol

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a BAD IDEA(tm). You are basically getting penalized for the OTHER GUY'S poor AV. A halfling team would kick ass in this league as you could simply swarm them with cheap ass flings, force them to hurt you to score, and remove their much more expensive players for doing so.

I could MAYBE see a system where you get an IGMEOY-like roll every time you cause a BH or worse and are sent off for that game only, but it still is far outside the scope of the currnet game.

Do you really want to REWARD being squishy? Do you really want to reward a halfling in any way, shape, or form? I can't in good concious do either.

I think a league where the worst injury was BH would be much more fun. Bashy/fouling teams could still do their thing as a legitimate strategy and nobody ends up with a crippled team because of it. I know my squishy teams would play in such a league. Who cares if you end the game with 3 players on the field if you know you still have a team for next game? You could create your Chaos team with RSC/Claw ad nauseum and have a clean conscience knowing people would still play you and you didn't ruin the other guy's team.

Of course, there are those who play specifically to ruin other teams and they won't get their satisfaction in a league with only BH, but I have a hard time feeling sorry for them.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK and Jose have constructive posts. That's good.

I'm no "no foul and do not hurt me" player nor a whimmer. I play tournaments to experience naw rules or way to play.

5 on 5
Foul championship (3pts a cas 1 a victory->do not play the ball) and so on.

I even wanted to enter a zombi only championship. And this is why I came to think to such a tournament.

If such a thing do not work, bah it will finish after one season.

In fact AFK is right with his idea with flings but I m not sure they are SO EFFECTIVE. And they would be inneffective against a dwarf team. I don't know but what I'm sure, people would build up new techniques. For exemple, hiring a freebooter to hit hard
 Jump to: