42 coaches online • Server time: 13:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roseph

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2011 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

tell us what you think. What would you like to see next issue
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2011 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Clarkin's 'Star player - value for money?' analysis is superb. I'd like to see anything else he has on strategy and spending gold - clearly he has a knack if this article is anything to go by.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2011 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Really enjoyed the issue - thanks to all involved. Where do I vote for Painstate for contribution to the site for his major coverage?
clarkin

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2011 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers Purplegoo! It's really just arithmetic though..
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2011 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

On the topic of feedback, I'd like to get in before anyone states the elephant in the room, and say that the unrevealed trophy for Best Contribution is that way on purpose, so don't worry about that.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2011 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the awards article should link to a nominations forum thread to get the ball rolling. Also the obituaries page (19) should be removed if (gasp!) no stars have died recently
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2011 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

the bomber ask prinzka was SO funny, made me really laugh Smile
MrNomad

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2011 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Love Purplegoo's article. Especially since this topic once again came up in main chat a few days ago. I always have hated the "balance" crowd. They are akin to elves to me Very Happy
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2011 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I think Clarkin's 'Star player - value for money?' analysis is superb. I'd like to see anything else he has on strategy and spending gold - clearly he has a knack if this article is anything to go by.

Comparative payback on the other inducements would be interesting to look into. Tougher to quantify the payback on a wizard or bribe, but if someone could manage something, that would be impressive.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2011 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

MrNomad wrote:
Love Purplegoo's article. Especially since this topic once again came up in main chat a few days ago. I always have hated the "balance" crowd. They are akin to elves to me Very Happy

Any feedback gladly accepted - good or bad.

If I'm going to spend time writing stuff, it may as well be what people want!
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2011 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

First time reading the GLN, particularly liked the angry man rant and Star analysis. Smile
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2011 - 07:46 Reply with quote Back to top

clarkin wrote:
Also the obituaries page (19) should be removed if (gasp!) no stars have died recently

Seeing this comment, I realize that there weren't any obituaries mentioned; so my question to the GLT staff is: Who WOULD qualify, given some of the players that have recently died (Plushy the Puppy Pulverizer? Dread Scott?) apparently didn't. I understand Brawn not qualifying, as he was just too short lived, but I'm interested to know what to look for on that page.
SvenS

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2011 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

clarkin wrote:
I think the awards article should link to a nominations forum thread to get the ball rolling.

seconded

SL
clarkin

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2011 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I've started a discussion thread for the TV of Stars article. Can you add a link to this at the bottom of the article?
 Jump to: