30 coaches online • Server time: 09:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Leilond

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

nexusvalhees wrote:
Leilond wrote:

Bringin back the problem of the past isn't the right way to solve the problems of the present

There wasn't really a problem in the past IMO asides from the band aid of IGMEOU wich was fixed by the doubles ejections on armor roll. Being on the ground in a game where people tend to step on your head should be scary. I see people leave players prone now because it's safer than standing them up and that is plain dumb. PO and DT should be good the bonuses should make you want to go prone. But the risk should make you think about it.

This is the reason to not change the rules and stay as we are
A lot (a very lot) of people think that there were HUGE problems with fouling and don't want DP spam again
A lot (a very lot) of people think thate there are HUGE problems with C-POMB and don't want C-POMB spam now.

We can make BOTH lots happy, simply nerfing PO without powering up fouling, but the people like you (nothing offensive here) want to the "problem solved" only the way they think it's right, thus we won't have the problem solved
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Leilond wrote:

This is the reason to not change the rules and stay as we are
A lot (a very lot) of people think that there were HUGE problems with fouling and don't want DP spam again
A lot (a very lot) of people think thate there are HUGE problems with C-POMB and don't want C-POMB spam now.

We can make BOTH lots happy, simply nerfing PO without powering up fouling, but the people like you (nothing offensive here) want to the "problem solved" only the way they think it's right, thus we won't have the problem solved

A lot (a very lot) of people think that there are HUGE problems with how weak fouling is now.

And people like you (nothing offensive here)want the "problem solved" only the way they think it's right, thus we won't have the problem solved.

See we all have opinions. I totally agree there is a problem with PO. I just Hate the Idea of making it freaking useless again. I'd rather see it useful but dangerous. I'd also like to see People not leave their players lying around because it's relatively safe to lay on the ground during a scary violent sport.

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
Leilond

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

But BOTH of us think that there is a problem with PO, thus let's SOLVE IT nerfing it
The problem with "fouling is too weak" is a different problem and have to be considered in as a different issue
You're forcing the concept that PO is too powerfull because fouling is weak... but it's not true! Powering fouling ISN'T the only solution for PO. Simply do not let CLAW and MB apply to the PO reroll, and you have the problem solved.
You'll be happy about PO nerfing
I'll be happy about PO nerfing
We can start TOGHETER to consider the "+1 to AV rolls if the fouler isn't in a tackle zone" or similar changes
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Sneaky Git just makes no sense at all from a fluff perspective.

Not at all. Just dress it differently.

"A player with sneaky git is especially good at conning people - notably referees! When a player with sneaky git is sent off, there is a chance that at subsequent kick offs, he may be able to deviously get back on to the pitch. To represent this, when sending off a sneaky git, place him in the KO box. On a 4+, the sneaky git manages to convince the referee that it was not him who was sent off, and returns to the reserve box. The sneaky git roll is not the same as a KO roll, so is not affected by budweiser babes.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 11:55
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
The sneaky git roll is not the same as a KO roll, so is not affected by budweiser babes.

I dont see why not. How many chances will they have to come back anyway 1,2 possobly 3 if you get your fouls in early. Plus they are still out for the rest of that drive so in each drive SG has actually been nerfed as it no longer keeps players on the pitch. But overall is going to be much better.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

the babes distract the ref, so it is easier for the git to come back Smile
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo said:
Quote:
PBEM is cheaty

Do you speak from experience?
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I still think the best fix for sneaky git is he is only ejected on a double roll on the injury roll.

Thus he is only ever ejected on a 1 in 6 roll and he did break armor.

Iam sticking to my guns on this one.

This idea that he is ejected to the KO box and then can come back seems to much like a throw back to 2ED days when secreat weapons were subject to 50/50 rolls. Could get ejected and then reinserted into the game if you lawyer found a work around of the rules during the current drive of the match.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

You need to be beaten with your guns Painstate! That Sneaky Git idea is awesome and almost makes up for the horrific proposals.

__Synn
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

plasmoid wrote:
Purplegoo said:
Quote:
PBEM is cheaty

Do you speak from experience?

Let's not make a big aside of it and derail / prolong the thread, it seems all but dead. It's easy to take too much from a grabbed three words from a post out of context.

In my experience, Internet or real life conversations regarding PBeM have always ended up at either bonkers rosters or cheating. When I had a look at the site, considering having a try, the front page news was offering cheaters amnesty. It's not hard to see how a reputation, even if undeserved, is built up.

FUMBBL is often judged solely on shadow's winning personality, after all!
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I just thought it was a cheap shot. Out of context? I'm not sure a "your momma" comment can be that context dependent.

Either way: I offered the amnesty just prior to crunching the MBBL data for LRB5/6.
I thought it was important enough to try a long shot - I figure anything an a computer can be broken by someone in principle. Like Cyanide. And FUMBBL.
By the way nobody came clean. Does that mean that everybody cheated or no-one?

But the pbem tool has built in cheat detection measures. Perhaps installed after your conversations? And the code for both the pbem tool and the cheat detecter is encrypted and only known by 2 people, so I don't think we're spectacularly cheat-prone.

Never mind.
Cheers
Martin
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's not get all forum-y and argumental over a storm in a teacup. There really is no need to try and make it something it isn't.

It's a segway. I've no interest at all really in the merits (or nay) of PBeM (bar the further segway it was involved in rule making, but that was a past discussion). The context you missed with your quote was, after all, explaining I thought the FUMBBL forum should be open for all to discuss the game, defending your good intentions in being here at all! Talk about trying to find fault! Very Happy

If you're going to get defensive, there are much better reasons than those grabbed three words in the thread! Wink

Anyway, anyway. All done.
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I wasn't trying to "find fault". I almost feel like I should apologize. Wow, you're good at this Very Happy

The MBBL is slowly bleeding out. The Cyanide game and FUMBBL switching to LRB6 are probably the main reasons.
Dying out sucks.
Bad press in that situation sucks extra hard.
Hence the sensitive response.
Synn

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

plasmoid wrote:
I wasn't trying to "find fault". I almost feel like I should apologize.

Imagine how well received you and crew would be if you either:

1.) Consulted us when writing rules
2.) Played here

__Synn
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Imho most of experienced players around have better ideas than those ones.
The MB+Claw+PilingOn problem is not well handled, not much better than many other ideas going around. Some nerf/buff stuff seems quite random like the woodies one: they're not so incredibly strong, nor easy to handle, let them be!
But of course for me the main point is that Vampires still are the same crap for their first 10+ matches (give them Dodge for +10k and leave thralls as pityful as they should be!)
Plus, they sneaky added Bretonnians!
 Jump to: