32 coaches online • Server time: 12:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like the name Wizards, but like Wizards Guild or the original College of Magic name. Wizards is too dull.

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 (and not just because he makes cool icons)
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Starplayers Harry Potter and Sigfrid and Roy
Aflo

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

@Nightbird: Thanks, and yeh it would be nice but I think it's just going to get a bit too complicated and would be tough to balance equally. That's not to say we can't get some variants using the star player system though.

@WhatBall + On1: No I agree, it's purely temporary. I just changed it to give new people scanning the forums a better idea of what to expect. Feel free to brainstorm alternative names, I'll have a think myself and post back at some point.

@ErobererZim: Harry Potter: Homonculi star player?
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

College of Magic name is good.
As for feeble old men do remember that BB world is loosely based on the Warhammer World not Discworld. The College of Magic has Battle Wizards who are better in physical combat than standard soldiers. Ok they may be accustomed to carrying a weapon but could still be tough as old boots.

Ah I miss the days of Amethyst and Jade magic decks etc. The Purple Sun of Xereus!
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

@garyt1: Of course any up and coming wizard crazy enough to play bloodbowl is gonna be a far more vigorous member of the wizardly community than the old stogies...but how do they compare to the psychopathic blood bowl professionals? Even a standard human lino is a muscle-bound, spiky armored raving lunatic compared to the average everyday citizen.

IMO, 6338 represents someone who would take a local town tough guy and thrash the living tar outta him, so a 6237 wizard ( or perhaps 5237? ) would represent a pretty dang spry wizard.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2012 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

@garyt1: Yeh more or less what Sigmar1 said. A blood bowl playing goblin while being a laughable opponent on the field is actually a 4 foot ball of sharp teeth, wiry muscle and psychotic demeanour.

Aswell as that if these guys were the Emperor's finest battle mages the match would be won before it started as the whole opposite team and their entire coaching staff would have been reduced to ash with a wave of the arms and a few funny words. Not to mention Warhammer characters operate on the rule of cool in game terms.

Well I'd say were not too far off a final iteration. A few niggles to sort out:

1. VLL on wizards or not?
2. Ma5 or 6 for wizards?
3. Thick skull or regen on the homonculi and if so 20 or 30k?
4. The team name! Wizards is too boring, Colleges of Magic isn't slick enough, Wizard's Guild doesn't quite fit fluff - suggestions?
5. Star players (/golem and elemental variants). I'll give these a go but I'm sure people will have their own ideas for stats and abilities - post away.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2012 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

My thoughts:
1. No VLL
2. MA6, the team is slow anyway
3. Thick Skull (+10K), regen would add 30K to them and make them over-priced.
4. Maybe name them around the idea of rogue wizard's guild? I'm not much help here.
5. IMO, choose either golems or elementals, then you can make stats for 3 or 4 options.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2012 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, what is easier fluff-wise: Summoning and commanding an elemental or creating a golem? If they're apprentices or at least not full, powerful mages, the "easier" task is probably more suitable.

Or: Since star players don't improve, why not make an elemental star player of each element and treat them more as generic beings, summoned for the match, than individual star players?
They could just be named "Fire Elemental", "Water Elemental" etc. as an exception to the names star players rule - would fit the fluff very well (and if they die they die - no need for a star apo explanation. Wink ).

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2012 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think my opinions on each of the matter are known, but just to condense them into one place...

1. No VLL.
2. MA5, first, because I don't think Wizards are all that athletic, 2nd, their use should involve careful positioning, 3rd, the Mephits should probably be developed into the teams blitzers/ ball handlers, and 4th, this makes them just a bit more difficult to skill, which I think is a good thing.
3. TS AND Regen. That basically makes them the same as the original snotlings doesn't it? Maybe 10K more expensive than snots, but I think Whatball's pricing is excessive given their overall weakness (slow, weak, low AV).
4. Wizard's Guild!!!! Smile
5. I like the idea of a permanent Golem player on the roster (which the Guild as a whole collaborates on creating) with Elemental stars summoned using Inducement money. Here's a start (with names!):

Zephyr the Wind Elemental 7/1/4/10 Loner, Dodge, Strip Ball, Dauntless, No Hands
Pyron the Fire Elemental 6/2/3/10 Loner, Bombadier, Frenzy, Accurate, No Hands
Aquos the Water Elemental 5/3/3/10 Loner, Dodge, Sidestep, Diving Tackle
Terrax the Earth Elemental 3/6/1/10 Loner, Mightyblow, Standfirm, Thick skull (Block? Juggernaut? Break tackle? Lots of other options here but don't want to go overboard.)

Costs by the Pricing Gurus. Perhaps also available to any team with a shaman type player as well. Some modifications may be necessary to tone them down so they fit various pricing ranges. Maybe add Bonehead to each one to represent that playing Bloodbowl isn't their 'normal thing'.

EDIT: Just realized how similar the Earth Elemental is to the Golem. An alternate build: 4/4/1/10 Loner, Block, Mighty Blow, Standfirm, Break tackle, Thickskull

Last edited by Sigmar1 on Mar 04, 2012 - 23:04; edited 1 time in total
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2012 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I ask me, what kind of human wizzard will play AKTIV Bloodbowl to risk his life and his existence in his Guild Just4Fun have there not other problems?. There be physical not so strong, that there can handle a Block or Something else (like a Snot but without Dodge), aswell there be Chaossorceres or Vamps.

When u mean u will make a Golem/Elementals Team with lil Minions thats the Answer 4the humans of the Necs/Undead (but it is somethink other to make Zombs or Golems/Elemental?) but the Inquisition will not Allowed that and there be called a heretic, cause its forbitten in the Imperium. And no Elf will use that (and in my mind there be the only race with Slann who have the mental Strange to kreat this Kreatures), Dwarfs which Dwarf is a Wizzard?

And when it shall be a WIZZARD Team, why there dont can have a permanent WIZZARD. I think when u/we kreat a WIZZARD Team that than there need the Option to rekrut a permanent WIZZARD in my mind.
Aflo

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2012 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Alrighty so I've had a think, taken opinions into consideration and here's where we are now:

1. Removed VLL from wizards
2. Kept Ma6 for now purely for team balance - not against changing it to Ma5
3. Added regen to homonculi for a 10k price hike. These guys need to be rubbish and that means leaving the pitch early so I don't think thick skull really fits them. Regen however just means that when they do get squashed by the dozen the team doesn't necessarily suddenly become destitute. More in line with fluff too since they can be stitched/magic-ed up at will.
4. Still not sure Smile
5. I've sacked the generic elemental in favour of the golem so a star player for each element is the order of the day. I'll check those out when I've got more time Sigmar1 but they look great at a scan.

@ErobererZim: These are human imperial wizards so no chaotic, vamparic or elven sorcerors, just humans. The point I was making was that these wizards aren't *good* enough to be battle mages. They take to the pitch to experiment on live subjects, gain notoriety within their college with the power of their most recent spells and/or because they've become estranged or ostracized from their old peers.

I think you may have understood what the golem/elemental discussion was about. The most recent roster is on the first page of this thread which has 4 permanent wizards for hire Smile
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I mean Wizards like Wizard there EveryTeam can Rekrut as an handicap. Imperians there experiant with such a thinks, called heretics and demigogues and be hunted from the Inquisition and the Imperial Guard, cause the Imperium says NO New Technologie and New Spell experiants. Cause this is the Way of the Chaos (The Chaos forms al new). This is the Story of the hums in Warhammer, NOTHING NEW.

I dont know that u know the warhammer Story but the Story say that. but its a Fun league so make FunTeams. I dont see it in my mind as an Team but ok. I need Teams where I can Indentify me and on this I dont Indentify me. I dont need Harry Potters on Bloodbowl let them play there squiditsch.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2012 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Aflo, the fluff following the roster no longer represents where the team design is at and should be updated.

Oh, and...Wizard's Guild! Quit fighting it, it's the best name Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2014 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

wizards need familiars!
familiars = stunty!
 Jump to: