39 coaches online • Server time: 13:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Satyr Jumps Nymph...
Hilarious, and no big deal!
48%
 48%  [ 19 ]
OMG! OMG! OMG! Rape!!! Oh noes! Won't someone think of the children!
51%
 51%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 39

Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2012 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
@CnB: I don't want to get into the whole 'rape' thing. Fables about amorous Satyrs are common enough that I've run across them more than once. Besides, its just a silly addition to the team/ game. And the Nypmhs DO like it (cause I said so). Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with 'real world' rape. I've got a daughter and don't take 'real world' rape lightly, but the idea of a Satyr ignoring what he should be doing in order to go mount a Nypmh in the middle of a bloodbowl game is hilarious. Don't be so serious!
Yes, fables/myths about amorous Satyrs are common, and in almost all of those myths Satyrs are well known for, to put it politely, not taking "No" for an answer.

If you were trying to justify the Bonehead as the attraction to the Nymphs, that's a good reason and great fluff.. However Bloodlust would certainly indicate a more violent relationship (since the victim is injured!). I don't think there's really anything silly about that obvious implication. Just explain the Bonehead as "too busy checking out the nymphs" and leave it at that.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2012 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to make them weaker you could also go Really Stupid - just like trolls they need to be reminded by someone else what the game is about. And that it's not "mounting" nymphs. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2012 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Sigmar1 wrote:
@ CnB: You'd take away the LOL factor of Satyrs humping Nymphs on the pitch? I'm sure that would be a major attraction and draw fans and revenue to Stunty matches like never before!
umm yeah, I don't think rape really belongs on the bb pitch.

Have to agree with CnB here. And if the discussion has now devolved into what skills to give them based on this trait, then maybe it is time to scrap the idea?

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2012 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

And here I thought we were talking about a silly addition to a silly make-believe game. The idea was offered in the spirit of "Knight jumps Queen" from History of the World Part I.

But the PC police crash the party Sad

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2012 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

It is one thing to talk about Satyrs chasing around nymphs, as in your fluff. It has gone beyond that though in some of the other discussions.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so those last 5-6 posts aside... there are two similar but subltely different Fey lists kicking around. First is CnB's:

Craftnburn wrote:

0-2 Firbolg 4/6/1/9 Loner, Really Stupid, Mighty Blow S (GAP) 120K
0-2 Satyrs 6/2/3/7 Bonehead, Thick skull, Horns S (GAP) 80K.
0-2 Sprites 7/1/4/5 Dodge, Stunty, Titchy, A (GSP) 60K.
0-2 Spriggans 6/1/3/6 Dodge, Stunty, Sneaky Git G (ASP) 60K.
0-16 Nypmhs 6/1/3/6 Dodge, Stunty A (GSP) 30K

CnB has gone with two tone-downed Firbolg and reduced-power Saytrs (with no bloodlust and S rather than A access), Sprites (no sidestep) and Spriggans (no natural A access). Clearly much toned-down, but in my opinion two big guys, two regular stunties with horns and a bunch of ST1 softies will get chewed thru by most other teams and is under-powered.

Then there's the one I'm still advocating (slightly revised):

0-2 Dryads 5/3/2/8 Diving Tackle S (GAP) 100K
0-2 Satyrs 6/3/3/7 Bonehead, Thick skull, Horns, "Bloodlust" A (GSP) 80K.
0-2 Sprites 7/1/4/5 Dodge, Sidestep, Stunty, Titchy, A (GSP) 60K.
0-2 Spriggans 6/1/3/6 Dodge, Stunty, Sneaky Git GA (SP) 60K.
0-16 Nypmhs 6/1/3/6 Dodge, Stunty, "Thrall" A (GSP) 30K

My revised team has (4) ST3 players (two with a pair of negatraits) and the rest ST1 including stunties only AG4 player and a pair of natural foulers. Still susceptible to attrition, but with the scorers could perhaps play a more 'baller' game. An important distinction is no TTM.

Thoughts? Preferences on the lists? Neither list looks OP to me...but your mileage may vary.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's another version for consideration...

0-1 Firbolg Giant 4/8/1/10 Loner, Bone-head, Mighty Blow, Really Stupid, Stand Firm, Thick Skull S (GAP) 160K
0-2 Dryad 5/4/2/8 Side Step, Thick Skull A (GSP) 100K
0-2 Satyrs 6/2/3/7 Bonehead, Thick skull, Horns S (GAP) 80K
0-2 Sprites 7/1/4/5 Dodge, Stunty, Titchy, GA (SP) 70K
0-16 Nypmhs 6/1/3/6 Dodge, Side Step, Stunty A (GSP) 40K

Notes:
The Giant is now GIANT! (This guy can use a Treeman as a club!) and tough as nails, but pretty unreliable if you need him to go do something.
These Dryads are based on Willow Rosebark so have St 4 and SS/TS
The Satyrs are small and horny (Horns and Bonehead) but can develop into good blitzers.
The Sprites have G and A access to help them be the teams uber ball carriers (G access isn't just for Blockle!)
The Nymphs get SS to show their elusiveness (they're used to dodging Satyrs!) but cost a bit more.

For Stars I could definitely see Willow and Deeproot...

Last edited by Craftnburn on Mar 13, 2012 - 21:38; edited 2 times in total
PsyPhiGrad

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer the old traditional fairies. If you want a Deep Wood Fey team, just give your Fairie team an evil theme and presto change-o, you've got your Deep Wood Fey team. None of the variations in this thread make me think anything other than "meh". So, the best/easiest solution is to just give your team an evil theme. I think a lot of the other rosters add a lot more to Stunty than this roster.
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Here's another version for consideration...

0-1 Firbolg Giant 4/8/1/10 Loner, Bone-head, Mighty Blow, Really Stupid, Stand Firm, Thick Skull S (GAP) 160K

Really, in stunty? Are you serious? Try to aim for a low mid tier team instead of trying to make a nr. 1 teir 1 team.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2012 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers, if you think that Giant alone is good enough to make that a tier 1 team you're cracked... Really Stupid AND Bonehead with Loner! and 0-1 to boot.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2012 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Still S8; the guy would never ever die (since only saws could possibly hurt him, and they wouldn't bother since he would never act). Kind of like a super tree, but since we already have trees, why would you want a super tree, especially on a team with multiple S4 players elsewhere? I think the giant is extremely silly (even for Stunty Leeg) as well.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2012 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
the guy would never ever die
Trees die. Mechavermin die (and they can get Block easily). And killing a Giant should be pretty darn hard! Wink

Nelphine wrote:
since only saws could possibly hurt him
or Claw

Nelphine wrote:
I think the giant is extremely silly
That's the best argument for him! Wink
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2012 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

i disagree
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2012 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

@Psyphi: Duly noted.

@CnB: An interesting alternative lineup. As Ehlers and Nelphine quickly demonstrated, it seems some people's reactions almost completely disregard Negatraits. He is definately LESS POWERFUL than two 'weaker' Firbolgs despite his ST8. And although I like the concept he is going to stand around A LOT. (33% of the time I believe). He's definately unique though and I appreciate the addition to this thread. You never know what Shadow may or may not latch onto when he makes his final decisions. (Assuming he doesn't just ban-hammer the idea from the outset LOL)

At one point I had considered G access on the Sprites, but then thought they'd be TOO good at moving the ball. I'd rather leave them with SS. And I never really understood SS on Willow. DT seems to fit the fluff much better but I realize you feel otherwise. I also like the fluff/ uniqueness/ team role of the Spriggans which I see you've eliminated completely. Ultimately our team concepts appear to be diverging and thats ok by me. Now if I could just get some <cough cough> helpful input/ community consensus from others to help solidfy the team I could potentially finalize this idea. Thanks for your help.

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2012 - 06:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
33% of the time I believe
FYI: It's 30.5% I think... (assuming help for RS and not counting any rerolls)

Sigmar1 wrote:
DT seems to fit the fluff much better but I realize you feel otherwise.
Yeah, I get your root tripping idea, but them falling down to do it doesn't seem right. Closest would probably be Prehensile Tail (Roots) but that's a pretty cludgy mechanic.

Sigmar1 wrote:
At one point I had considered G access on the Sprites, but then thought they'd be TOO good at moving the ball.
G access basically gives them Block for defense and Sure Hands. I'm not sure that's "too good" for a St 1 ball carrier.

Also regarding the Giant, putting his St at 8 is important:
Yes, one on one he'll get 3 dice vs anyone St 3 or less, and 2 dice vs pretty much everyone; But, even if he gets a skill like Multi Block (a likely choice) he doesn't really get as powerful as he might seem:
Blocking two St 2 Stunties only gets him 2 Dice on each! (St8 isn't more than double St2+2)
The only time he'd get 3 dice by himself is Multiblocking St 1s (and Shouldn't he!?)
Interestingly, he could also 2die Multiblock two St 5's but he'd only get single dice against 2 Trees! Wink
 Jump to: