42 coaches online • Server time: 00:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Satyr Jumps Nymph...
Hilarious, and no big deal!
48%
 48%  [ 19 ]
OMG! OMG! OMG! Rape!!! Oh noes! Won't someone think of the children!
51%
 51%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 39

Ehlers

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2012 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Ehlers, if you think that Giant alone is good enough to make that a tier 1 team you're cracked... Really Stupid AND Bonehead with Loner! and 0-1 to boot.

Other teams will have a hard time just to get 1d on him. Claw work on him you say? But who would be able to block him and get 1d?
Really stupid and bonehead... Get a player near him and you have 69.444 % of doing actions. Still pretty good. And sometimes he would not have to take any actions at all. You claim that the Nurgle Beast are one of the beast in stunty previews right? Your str8 guy will be able to hold down 2beast of nurgle!
2 rookie beast of Nurgle = 240k
1 Firbolg Giant = 160
This leave him with 80K worth of skills. Stand firm will be the first perfect skill for him. And if a double should be rolled, then block. These skill alone will make it so hard for other teams to be able to take him down. Give him Break tackle, and he will be able to break into any cage he wants.

Again, as I said before you need to consider the whole team. So you have got your firbolg Giant to keep tacklezone on the other team big guys, then on top of that this team have 2str4 and 2str2. And if the team for some how should be outnumbered, then you can have 2 move7ag4 players with blodge and sure hands in no time.

And have you thought of what would happen if the firbolg giant would get str? For 2 str = 100k. A player with 260K 4/10/1/10 69.444 % acting big guy. No one will block him! And this guy would almost be able to 3d block other big guys by himself! Or almost multi block 2 big guys if he has the skill by himself!

If the rest of the team was really crappy players, I would maybe consider playing vs this team. But no one would go up against this team.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2012 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Meh. I'm dubious about the giant, it's not that overpowered, but I don't think you should have it and the Dryads. 3 ST 4...in Stunty, that's 3 big guys, one of which dominates all the other big guys. In addition, whack DT on the Dryad, 3d blitz a cage corner, and then DT mark the middle. Nasty as heck considering the Giant is probably tying up all their actual big guys.

Crafts suggested roster can have 5 out of the 11 players making 3d blitzes on stunties, has reliable fast moving ball handling, and mass dodge sidestep. That's top tier 1 in stunty.

I quite like Sig's revised roster though.

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2012 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
Meh. I'm dubious about the giant, it's not that overpowered, but I don't think you should have it and the Dryads.
Didn't care so much for the Dryads either, but Sig seemed to really want them. They could be toned down or dropped for all I care.
Hitonagashi wrote:
5 out of the 11 players making 3d blitzes on stunties
Only 1 blitz per turn though (and the satyrs would need 2 assists to get 3 dice).
Hitonagashi wrote:
has reliable fast moving ball handling, and mass dodge sidestep.
But all at St 1 and AV 5 or 6
Hitonagashi wrote:
That's top tier 1 in stunty.
I disagree, but meh... The Giant is just cool! Wink

Ehlers wrote:
And have you thought of what would happen if the firbolg giant would get str? For 2 str = 100k.
Really, you would design a roster based on what would happen if the player rolled +St twice? (He'd be pretty awesome, and rightfully so!)

I think you're vastly overestimating how good he'd be.. No, he wouldn't totally suck, but for 160K (and having a team of St 1 lineman), should he?
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2012 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, this is more like it.

Ideas! Arguments! Counter-arguments!

I like the ST8 giant. The ability to tie up an opposing big guy...isn't that what cheap AV9 linos (i.e. Orcs, Dwarf Blockers etc.) do all the time? There's nothing particularly outrageous about that. So, this brute gets to 2d the other big (at least when he isn't affected by his negatraits)..., they're all mostly av9 anyway. And while tying up an oppo big, HE's tied up as well. Really, thats all he'll likely do. He's truly a unique player (and not at all OP IMO), but agree that it may not mesh well with the ST4 Dryads AND Satyrs.

Which of these options seems most balanced (given all the other players are ST1?):

1) Giant, 2 ST3 Dryads (PT instead of DT), 2 ST2 Satyrs (BH only)
2) Giant, 2 ST3 Satyrs (with BH and BL)
3) Giant, 2 ST3 Dyrads (PT instead of DT and perhaps AV9)

I'm leaning toward options 2 and 3 myself, as that forces more Nymphs onto the pitch. (Option 1 would only have 2 Nypmhs on unless subs were required or you chose not to field all the Sprites and Spriggans...which may be fairly common actually).

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2012 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe I'm being dense, but I don't know what: (PT instead of DT) means, assuming that DT is Diving Tackle, what's PT?
the_cursed_one

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2012 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

prehensile tail normally
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2012 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Piling Tackle!!!!

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2012 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

the_cursed_one wrote:
prehensile tail normally
Ah.. see I was being dense.

What about this idea?

0-1 Firbolg Giant 4/8/1/10 Loner, Bone-head, Mighty Blow, Really Stupid, Stand Firm, Thick Skull S (GAP) 160K
0-1 Dryad 5/3/2/8 Side Step, Thick Skull A (GSP) 90K
0-1 Satyr 6/2/3/7 Bonehead, Thick skull, Horns S (GAP) 80K
0-1 Spriggan* 6/2/3/6 Dodge, Dauntless, Foul Appearance, Stunty GA (SP) 80K
0-1 Sprite 7/1/4/5 Dodge, Stunty, Titchy, GA (SP) 70K
0-16 Nypmhs 6/1/3/6 Dodge, Side Step, Stunty A (GSP) 40K

*According to wikipedia Spriggans are "grotesquely ugly" and "had the ability to swell to enormous size" which says FA and Dauntless to me.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2012 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

@CnB: Well, I like the 'get to have it all' aspect but don't like the 0-1 on every positional...but realize it's the only way without cutting back on the types of players. Your interpretation of the Spriggan is cool as well. It looks like we just can't agree on the skill access for the Dryad and Satyr lol. That looks backwards to me (Dryad manifest as 'tree-kin' so have S, while Saytrs are generally agile goat thingies so would have A).

Anyway, when I've got time I think I'll update the first post to reflect the two different manifestations of the team and call it done. Let shadow use or ignore them at his pleasure.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2012 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
It looks like we just can't agree on the skill access for the Dryad and Satyr lol. That looks backwards to me (Dryad manifest as 'tree-kin' so have S, while Saytrs are generally agile goat thingies so would have A).
I can see it either way. Although I think the Dryad would be better with S (SS+Guard), the Satyr benefits from S access in his role as potential blitzer (MB+PO). Although it isn't necessarily a reason to do it one way or another, I think the Dryad is better with A access than the Satyr would be with it, and S on both seems too good.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2012 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

fyi, there's no way in hell i'm putting a 4/8/1/10 monstrosity on the pitch...

--j

ImageImage
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2012 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Team lists and fluff updated on pg. 1. Team is now finalized. Thanks to everyone who offered constructive input.

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2013 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Team fluff modified to fit the current Stunty environment. See the first post.

My god. It wasn't until I posted this that I noticed that it's been NEARLY A YEAR since I last updated this thread.

Where does the time go?

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2013 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it for the most part. I don't think it should be Naggarothi Fae though. They should be wood elf themed. Their forest spirits are all pretty evil. So Forest Spirits would be the best choice imo. as it is the forest spirits that inhabbit the woods to make treemen, dryads etc....

Also it's Spites in WFB not Sprites. I know... pretty lame but thats just how GW do their ting. Like their Syreens instread of Sirens etc....

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2013 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

oh another thing. ag4 and titchy on the same player is overkill imo.

and the Nymphs are the hero version of Dryads so shouldn't make up the linemen as they should be stronger than normal dryads. I think the spites would probably be the best choice for linemen in this team tbh.