50 coaches online • Server time: 14:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is teh sexiest OBBA star?
The Duke
49%
 49%  [ 26 ]
The Duke
50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 53

pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

OBBA CUPS 14 Round 2 almost complete!\

Round 2 saw a number of the big guns fall by the wayside, upset by either the new inducement system or simply by ineptitude.

Reavers fell to Arden Villa (well, hardly an upset...), who now face the humans of Kaiserslaughtering.

Real went out to Charlton, who will match up with one of the two young elfs teams (TBA).

Tottenham pulled off a big win over Jerusalem, and now meet the lizards of Glassjaw - it's going to be a interesting one this, with loads of inducements helping out the battered woodies.

And in the last 1/4 final, its Woftud and his Hornhits vs. Dorfin steel. Fun fun!

Meanwhile, in the League cup group stage, Pool A is still undecided. Only the Rats of Roma are out, and while Russo's CDs hold a slender 1 point advantage over the others, a draw vs Fellgate could see Underland leapfrog them into the Cup final... ooo, squeaky trouser time!

The finalist from Pool B will be decided in the last game, between Odense and Nagashizzar. Only a win for the Nobles will prevent Odense making the Cup final, so it's all or nothing for the undead here.

Good luck everyone, and remember: the deadline for Round 3 is the 26th March!

For those knocked out, we are scheduled to finish the cups by Monday 9th April at the latest. After that we'll have the usual pre-season period, in which teams will be permitted ONE or TWO friendlies, and the Divisions sorted out for Season 14. I'm hoping to get Season 14 underway around Monday 23rd of April, but stay tuned.

FORZA OBBA!

Pythrr, massager of the feet of the Duke since, well, some time ago.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

So far, this cup run has been about overcoming an underdog and their huge stack of inducements.
The 2nd round match vs Ebenezer's CDs meant I faced a fairly noob team and 740k of inducements. He managed to score in the first half, but after seeing the chainsaw BH'd and the wizard used it was just a matter of time before we equalised... however Hthark was VERY ANNOYING! Smile I forced the game into OT after giving the boys a grilling... and they started to thin the opposition out, and after a few attempts to skill up a player we scored in turn 4 of OT for the golden goal win.

Ebenezer put up a really good fight... and now I face KenThis's dwarves and about 600k of inducements! It makes the round 1 match vs Cyrus-Havoc and his 290k of inducements look positively tiny!

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup. It has been very interesting to see the effects of inducements.

We'll consider this when constructing Season 14 cup, ie: is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
We'll consider this when constructing Season 14 cup, ie: is this a good thing or a bad thing?

So far, I think its been a good thing (the "magic of the cup" and all that). But maybe ask again after I've been knocked out by some new elf team.
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a good thing too... Just I normally prefer to be the underdog.

Agree about the magic of the cup and possibilities of a giant killing upset. I do feel a bit sorry for those teams that come up against a killing Premiership team who wipe them off the field and leave them battered for the start of the next season though.

Then again, in reality it's very rare for a minow-side to get to the final of the FA Cup... it's normally the big boys in the final, and the minows are happy to get a round or two in!

Just feels weird that the mighty Watford are now taking on the small time Liverpool!! Smile That's a turn around I would love to see happen! Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Inducements must be a good thing.

I guess one thing that could skew results is if the old big teams carry useless skills or just bad skill combos from the previous edition then that will give away inducements for little value to themselves.

As for facing an overdog killer team I faced one of the more killier teams with 2 claw+mb and induced 2 wandering apos(+my rostered apo), should make you about as save as you can get while playing bloodbowl against a bash team.

Wouldn't mind the pile on nerf to be activated for next season though. Smile

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking about making a pact with myself NOT to go for a CPOMB combination on any of my CDs... This won't stop me taking Piling On on one player and Claw on another, and MB on another, but all 3 won't appear on one player...

This might encourage other CD and Chaos teams to take the same approach.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, hope so. After my game with Gordreg (who has his first clawpomb killer), I'm a bit concerned for how it will affect the League. But we'll see.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I still fail to see Gordreg's clawplomber Surprised

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I've applied with Leicester's football club!

Avast, ye pansies! Oval balls shall return FTW - but this time, they're Dark! Wink
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
I still fail to see Gordreg's clawplomber Surprised

It's inwisible!
DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2012 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I intend to have a chaos team, and do mostly ball handling skills, with only 1 or 2 players tuned for killer D.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2012 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Yeah, hope so. After my game with Gordreg (who has his first clawpomb killer), I'm a bit concerned for how it will affect the League. But we'll see.

My first game was 1000TV inducement affair, and my experience was akin to Wotfud's, that being that as the game progressed it got easier.

My second round game only had a chainsaw induced, it's just that it KO'd the crutch of my team for the whole game. Sad

That said, I think it's good that everyone can now enjoy the cups without the prospect of a guaranteed rebuild. Time will tell where the advantage really lays.

Now... for once I find myself in the camp of the early exits and have only this to say in way of encouragement:
"Why so slooooooow? Hurry up the pace damnit!"
Razz

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2012 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'll be asking for advice before season 14 on a number of issues.

I haz plans, yoo see....

Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2012 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

FLEE!!!!