43 coaches online • Server time: 13:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you activate stategically to avoid match ups?
I always try to avoid certain coaches
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
I sometimes try to avoid certain coaches
11%
 11%  [ 16 ]
I always try to avoid certain teams
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
I sometimes try to avoid certain teams
10%
 10%  [ 14 ]
I never try to avoid any games in the Box
43%
 43%  [ 59 ]
I don't play the box and therefore always avoid all games that look a bit iffy
9%
 9%  [ 13 ]
I avoid fish and pies
12%
 12%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 135

pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2012 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
pythrr wrote:
Pfft, my Chaos Dorf Cheese team is rarely as big as 1500.

Pythrr...it can't be you...you never shut up Razz

Ah, Twue....
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2012 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually activate when noone else is on, just so I can say: Oh well, I tried atleast ;P

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2012 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I believe a certain chap used to (quite openly) base his whole meta strategy around the time we (I think) all know is the weakest in terms of coaches lfg in either open division.

This is pretty pathetic tbh.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2012 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a fan of it myself, either. And that's before you consider it's supposed to be a game you play in your spare time!

Perhaps I've misremembered / misrepresented his view. Let's assume so, since he's inactive and it's best to think the best. I'll do some editing.
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2012 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
To be honest, there is only one coach who I will seriously try to dodge (he only really activates a 1500ish TV chaos dwarf cheese team and is a silent cherrypicker of an opponent Wink ).[/edit]

I dont need to avoid him because of TV ranges, but I'd do it if playing at his same TV: losing because of the team/matchmaking despite his play can be very frustrating...
Azure

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2012 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarabaralla wrote:
I dont need to avoid him because of TV ranges, but I'd do it if playing at his same TV: losing because of the team/matchmaking despite his play can be very frustrating...

Aye, this is most frustrating indeed. Of course you do not mind winning because of team/matching right Tara?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2012 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, him. Right. Not blader then? Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2012 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
Tarabaralla wrote:

Aye, this is most frustrating indeed. Of course you do not mind winning because of team/matching right Tara?

Is this some way to go on with your complaint about the orc team? Razz
Anyway, I'd never dare to say such a thing except for that one coach: the discrepancy between playstyle and results is stunning imho
shusaku

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2012 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm I normally have 200 tv elf team ready for any blackbox major, but that has nothing to do with trying to avoid teams. It just means in the few weeks before a box major i stop playing my best team when it is in good shape. I actually find it kind of lame to accuse high tv elves of cherry picking in the box.
On1

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2012 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

shusaku wrote:
Hm I normally have 200 tv elf team ready for any blackbox major, but that has nothing to do with trying to avoid teams. It just means in the few weeks before a box major i stop playing my best team when it is in good shape. I actually find it kind of lame to accuse high tv elves of cherry picking in the box.

Stop being such a cherry picker with your elves...
DaveH

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I never even thought about doing this before...If i wanted to pick teams I'd just used my ranked!

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
No. That sounds like work.

My thoughts exactly!
GronxWild

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
i sometimes checked if some of the most famous clawpombers (namely WMD's or Griefers) were already playing before activating. Then i found out that i got drawn vs less famous clawpombers and went back to R Razz

XDD
onthejazz

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The one type of player I'd be glad to avoid in the Blackbox is the one that you really can't avoid; the coaches who plays several matches at once.

The default turn limit and overtime restrictions allows for coaches to play several games at once, at least as far as I am aware there is no restriction on the amount of games you can play simultaneously, only the timed limit, but I still feel that it is poor form to make someone wait for you because you want to play two or more games at once, just as I think it is poor form to start a Blackbox game if you know that you can't finish it in one setting. I really think it would be common courtesy to ask your opponent if it is ok for him to play one or more matches on the side, but in Blackbox this is only possible to check with the opponent you are already playing, of course.

I haven't noticed it often, but there are a few coaches who often plays multiple B matches at once, and it is poor form, in my opinion.
blader4411

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

onthejazz wrote:
The one type of player I'd be glad to avoid in the Blackbox is the one that you really can't avoid; the coaches who plays several matches at once.

The default turn limit and overtime restrictions allows for coaches to play several games at once, at least as far as I am aware there is no restriction on the amount of games you can play simultaneously, only the timed limit, but I still feel that it is poor form to make someone wait for you because you want to play two or more games at once, just as I think it is poor form to start a Blackbox game if you know that you can't finish it n on setting. I really think it would be common courtesy to ask your opponent if it is ok for him to play one or more matches on the side, but in Blackbox this is only possible to check with the opponent you are already playing, of course.

I haven't noticed it often, but there are a few coaches who often plays multiple B matches at once, and it is poor form, in my opinion.

It's against site rules to play more than 1 game at once unless you inform and get consent from all the opponents. If your opponent does this without asking you first, report him to the Admins.
 Jump to: