52 coaches online • Server time: 13:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think?
This looks fun, i'll seek the holy grail of a slann vs. ogre matchup
63%
 63%  [ 76 ]
I don't know, i'd rather play a Pie team and see if i draw space marines
24%
 24%  [ 29 ]
Nah, in my views of bloodbowl fluff, in the end there is only chaos
11%
 11%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 119

Emeric

Post 16 Posted: Jul 09, 2012 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

I want to react my own way to the thousands of blogs / posts / etc. about <the same subject as always since i've been around, really> and that got a lot of attention lately for no particular reason.

And as always i feel that the only way to fix it is to get people back in with not only "mutation & strength access teams". I do know people who have played only one race since 3rd ed. will probably not change their habits, but others could, and we need some coaches to try out some variety !

Of course I know saying it won't help a lot... except maybe if we know there can be the pleasure of being first at something sufficient? I'm offering infinite bragging rights (the most i can do really) to the first coach filling his box grid !

What do you think? Who will have the guts to activate flings enough times to finally draw ogres and goblins?

I'm still far away from filling it (250/576 possible matchups), everyone has got a chance Cool

Well if it seems fun enough to some, maybe there is a way to autocollect grid data to make some sort of ranking (will look through this if i get some positive response and if the thread does not evolve in a C _ _ _ _ _ _ B thread.

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2012 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good! Not for me since a can't play enough, but it sounds good - for the box and as an individual goal. Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2012 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

116 games with khemri and no flings Sad and 90 games with humans and just need gobbos/slann/khemri but they are the only races i really play
*edit* and 105 games with udnerworld needing flings/ogres/zons
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2012 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

If the site were to add a badge in the coaches profile, there might be more success of this becoming a valid concept
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2012 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Amen Pro'. I really think getting the awards/achievements back working would get a lot of people back to the fun kind of meta-gaming rather than the unfun kind. a few years ago there were loads of people running fill-the-grid and picker-award focused teams. Now, very very few.

People motivating themselves via ideas like this is also great of course. Things Like E.L.F. and the Human Premiership clearly have a big impact.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2012 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a great idea. So can we come up with something more tangible? If you were the head of the movement, perhaps there is some way to keep track of people's progress. Create a league to join to identify yourself as a new Box Grid Filler member. As you say, a script would be awsome. As a type of reward, every time you hit a certian milestone on your grid, maybe that entitled you to play one game INSIDE of the actual league, maybe issue a challenge. Kind of an exclusive, slow moving league amongst like minded individuals. Someone would be king of that league eventually.. sounds fun.

Or anything else that might inspire people to be more adventurious than they are already. Great idea though. The more trying it the more Ogres there would be around in Box to catch.
Whitmire

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2012 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

When the grid is full, you need to start over and fill a grid where you've WON every matchup.

I can tell you that Halfling column should look far more daunting at that point.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2012 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

All the Box needs is goblin fanatics.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2012 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, true Whitmire, that would be hard... But nothing is impossible in blood bowl.
Well, can't say my idea got a huge lot of response but as it was positive i still might do something Smile - just need to figure out exactly what yet.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2012 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

As the main Grid addict on this site I fully applaud any effort to such a project. I do however have my sincere doubts about the feasibility in the Box.

Anyone who wants to do it can count on me making just the right team and activating in the box in order to support such an effort. Yes indeed, even I would play in B to help out!

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2012 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I look forward to this... and I'm off to a good start - I completed the holy grail match months ago!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3236875

(it helps to have already played a lot of Slann in the box...)

EDIT: Though the thought of starting an ogre team and trying to find some Slann with it is... harsh... Shocked
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2012 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

200/576 by my best count Surprised

Heh ok just occurred to me that I can have a text document count it for me, seems I have played 201/576 games. Smile

Seems you have 255/576 Emeric

The thing definitely needs subgoals, 576 full grid is as close to an impossible fumbbl feat as anything.

Maybe even a scoring system with bonuses for filling the grid completely with 1 race, extra points for doing it with the weak races and so on.

Automated stats and a group would be very cool. Smile

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.

Last edited by Overhamsteren on Jul 14, 2012 - 05:59; edited 1 time in total
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2012 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
As the main Grid addict on this site I fully applaud any effort to such a project. I do however have my sincere doubts about the feasibility in the Box.

Anyone who wants to do it can count on me making just the right team and activating in the box in order to support such an effort. Yes indeed, even I would play in B to help out!

+1 I have Flings and Underworld that can activate, other Box teams may be going I need to focus a little more... ooooh bird!!
ruqakaal

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2012 - 06:19 Reply with quote Back to top

well i have my dwarf grid complete.... dont expect much else from me
Emeric

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2012 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed this project needs some intermediate goals, e.g. awards for 200 / 250 / 300 etc.
Well. I need to look into that - good thing i have to rest this weekend Smile

Jump to: