37 coaches online • Server time: 12:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What you think of the Mountain Clans?
Too weak. They would be bashed.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Too strong. They'll bash too easily.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wrong skill rolls
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
They're fine. I would play them if accepted.
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Wrong star players. Change them.
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
They're not bad. But I have this idea.... (write your suggestion)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Crook666

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings to ya all, nice users and benevolent moderators, here I am again to introduce the best team in stunty. Let's speak the truth: Ghoulies were crap, I wasn't ready, they didn't got Fluff, were unbalanced, too many [G], wathever. Forget about them. What I am going to propose is the best team around, the team that everybody will love, dumping that supers-skilled, unbeaten Skryre team to join the Mountain Clan.

First Thing: you wanted fluff, you got it. Read:

Centuries of incessant war between ruthless armies have ravaged the plains, beaches have been devastated, every city burned or looted, the woods painted with the blood of millions of dead soldiers. And war continued to move forward, clutching in its iron grip dozens of villages, hundreds of farms, thousands of people. Before it was too late some halflings from different points of the land took a desperate decision: they moved in the inaccessible mountains to avoid death, bringing with them the bare essentials. Food to live. Weapons to fight. Wine to drink. And women ... well ... you know why, pals. After the arduous climb to the dizzying peaks of the highest mountains, under the full moon of a cold winter night, they made the oath to live as brothers, fighting shoulder to shoulder against any invader who dared to venture into their strongholds among the peaks. Nor the cruel dwarves who live under the mountains or the mighty chaos warriors could reach them, the crazy flying machines of the goblins rarely were able to go to such heights. They were well defended. And they prospered. But they got only one foe: hunger. With the growth of population the mountain proved unable to feed them, they were starving, alone and forgotten by the world. So they decide to risk their lives in the Blood Bowl for money, the only thing able to buy them food, seeds and agricultural tools designed to plow the rough mountain forests. They gathered some mountain beasts and they descended again, and here they are. They aren't afraid of the Skryre Slaves, they don't care of the Skinks, they are ready to bash Squig Herders, slaughter Fairies, pound every opponent for that bounty they need to survive. The mighty era of the Halfling Mountain Clans has begun. Will you help them in this heroic quest?

PLEASE NOTE: If you generally like the idea but think it could be improved you may help to correct wrong things in the roster. My opinion is that stunty is a great chance to create funny, imaginative teams, it's a pity there are so few of them right now. Give this team a chance.

As usual, numbers for MA,ST,AG,AV.
Letter for normal skill roll.

Mountaineer 0/16 (40K)
Mountaineers are halfling who chose to live in the mountains. Brave, tireless, proud, they descend to the valley to play blood bowl and earn money.
[dodge, stunty, right stuff]
[5,2,3,6]
[A,P]

Werebear 0/2 (60K)
Werebears are halflings that have been bitten by the cursed black bears while they wandered through the mountains. They got the curse of the full moon, now, and live as half-beasts among their akins. They obviously got claw.
[dodge, stunty, right stuff, claw]
[5,2,3,7]
[A]

Mouflon Man 0/2 (70k)
The legendary Mouflon Men are the kings of the peaks, true killers who despise every creature unable to climb the rocks. They are good friends of the Mountain Clans and decided to help them in Blood Blowl. Their dangerous horn allows them to strike with great power, their hoof are sure on the mountain rocks and give them the ability of jumping everywhere.
[dodge, stunty, right stuff, horns, leap]
[6,2,3,7]
[A]

Wendigo 0/2 (90K)
Wendigos, as the ancient folklore says, are halfling who lost themselves in the mountains and regressed to the nature of lusty beasts, cannibals who love the taste of flesh and blood. They are feared by the Mountain Clans, yet they need them, so they decided to risk their blood having them in the team. Blood gives great strenght and a crazy fury to the Wendigo (have you seen the movie with Robert Carlyle?), so they got dauntless and frenzy.
[dodge, stunty, right stuff, bloodlust, dauntless,frenzy]
[6,2,3,7]
[A,G]

Wereflings 0/1 (110k)
In the worst days of starving it could happen that some desperate halflings try to feed on wathever they find. Wereflings are mountaineers who fed on dead werebears, and got the bad curse of the full moon in a pretty peculiar way. They grew bigger and stronger, mutating in giant hairy abominations virtually impossible to control. Their power allows them to strike with violence, their big frame gives them the chance on not falling down when they rush for attack. The strange werebear blood running through their veins has made them able to regenerate. But they are a bit stupid, like every savage big beast around.
[bone-head, mighty blow, juggernaut, throw teammate, regeneration, strong arm]
[5,5,2,9]
[S]

APO:Yes
Reroll: 60K (120k after team creation)

Allowed Star Players:
Tasty Tom
Mincemeat the Mad Butcher
Logan
Puck and 'Big'

Unique Star Players:
Rippey McSlaughter: (120k) A mountaineer lumberjack who has a chainsaw for chopping trees, very useful for the purpose of taking down opponents too.
[5,2,3,6]
[loner, chainsaw, dodge, jump up, secret weapon]

Ronakh the Blind (280k)
Ronakh is the most terrifying amongst the wereflings. The mountain clans captured him after a terrible fight in the forests that costed them hundreds of victims, then chained and blinded him, locking him in a cave. He can be freed when they need his power, but he's blind and he doesn't know where he goes (ball&chain), and eventually can fell on a grounded opponent (piling on).
[6,6,2,9]
[loner, mighty blow, thick skull, ball&chain, piling on]

So guys, that's it. Late night here, so I'm going to sleep. Tell me what you think about it. See ya!

Last edited by Crook666 on Nov 21, 2012 - 01:42; edited 25 times in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

So, basically halflings with no trees and a smaller av 8 crap troll with no regen.

The fluff is quite amusing, but they'll get ripped to bits.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

A stunty team with just 1 big guy?

Ant meet shoe. Shoe says, "Splat!"

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Improved. Removed the always hungry and changed the really stupid with bone-head on the Bigfoot. He got a tougher AV too. Chainsaw: the Skinks don't have any big guy. You can check it out Smile

and they got two players with claws and one with horns and two with dauntless. They can do it.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Eshin, Forest Gobs & Gnomes don't have big guys either. Strigs only have one, & even Skryre've just got 1 S4, no real big guy.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Improved the Werebear. He is a mutating one, of course, so he can access to [M] IMHO.
Jumboparagon

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

wendigos should have frenzy (and possibly foul appearance... and possibly AV7(8?) as they're such hardened fellas)
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Eshin, Forest Gobs & Gnomes don't have big guys either. Strigs only have one, & even Skryre've just got 1 S4, no real big guy.

skyre have 2 mecha wrecking machines. you can in no possible way compare them to this team. Forest gobs have spider riders. gnomes have blanket high AV, eshin are bristling with knives.

now tell me, what the hell do these guys have aside from fat vulnerable bellies?

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Improved. Jumboparagon is right; Wendigo are crazy ones and are tougher than normal halflings. They got frenzy and AV 7. You really think this team is lacking bashing power?

I could give AV7 to the Werebears too, but i'm afraid a lot of people with Skryers will start to tremble when they met a Mountain Clan team.

Last edited by Crook666 on Nov 07, 2012 - 03:28; edited 1 time in total
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I wasn't comparing the teams, other than to say that more than one big guy isn't a requirement. Although yes, there is usually some sort of equivalent, on most teams.

And fluffwise, I'd consider changing the big guy to a dragon ogre. They're already established as living on mountaintops in the fluff, and fit a lot better than shoehorning Bigfoot in. And they only fight for Chaos because they have to, so maybe they associate with mountain flings in the periods when the Chaos powers have no particular use for them...

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the advice Xnolex, dunno if follow it or not. Seems that a general critic is the lack of hitting power and capacity to stay on the pitch of the team. I got some chances to improve it. What did you all suggest?

1) Put another Bigfoot in the roster.
2) Change the Bigfoot whit a different big guy.
3) Give AV7 to the Werebear
4) Give [G] access to Werebear
5) Give AV7 to Mouflon Man
6) Give [G] access to Wendigo.

Come on don't let the discussion die. I really think we need more stunty teams and I'm trying very hard.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Crook666 wrote:
I really think we need more stunty teams.

I am not sure you will find many agreeing with you there, especially after the other 287 stunty team ideas that have appeared on the site Wink

But don't let that stop you coming up with new ideas, just don't expect to much.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I think my problem with the roster as it stands is that I don't think I would take the Wendigos. With bloodlust, they are too much of a risk just for the benefit of Frenzy and Dauntless (and I suppose +AV). Giving them G access might help.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

see i changed. i removed [G] from Mouflon Men and gave it to Wendigo. Also added another Mouflon Man and improved the cost of Wendigo, since he has good skills and 3 skill accesses. Now you can have 2 players with Block and dauntless and frenzy with AV7, two with claw and two with horns. What you think?
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

To make them able to bash in stunties:

Wendigo: remove passing access, replace frenzy with mighty blow.

Jump to: