42 coaches online • Server time: 11:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 14:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Hi. While I'm still new to stunty, I do love designing things and these stunty rosters seemed like fun. SO I've decided to have a go. I've noticed there isn't really an undead stunty team, and while I'm sure there have been many suggestions previously this is my take on it. A couple of the positions have alternative names as preference.

I present: Effigies

Background:
There are many Necromancers in old world with a love Blood Bowl, but not all have the wealth of resources available in the big leagues. These unfortunate souls turn to the Stunty League to get their fix. Their teams are cobbled together from whatever parts they can scavenge, and they may not look pretty, but they are entertaining.

Players:

Bone Doll
Carved and assembled from the bones of dead animals, these diminutive creatures look like tiny skeletons with overly large heads. They aren't very fast but they can be tough to put down.
0-16 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate, Thick Skull, Right Stuff A 45,000

Leatherface/Stitched Together
Made from tanned human skin and filled with cotton wool, these tiny creatures are very lightweight and tend to get pushed around. To re-dress this balance enterprising necromancers have started giving them chainsaws. They can cause a lot of damage, but the wisdom of equipping a pillow with a chainsaw is dubious and they often spectacularly fall to pieces. Fortunately they're not normally too hard to put back together.
0-2 6 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate, Decay, Right Stuff, Chainsaw (Penalty Roll 7+) A 55,000

Scarecrow/Strawman
On occasion a lucky necromancer will find a mostly in-tact corpse. Following the ancient practices of taxidermy these are then stuffed with straw. Newly created they can look like real people, albeit very ill ones, but it doesn't take long on a Blood Bowl field before there's little skin left and the straw insides spill out onto the field. They're unusually unnerving to be around, even for Blood Bowl players.
0-2 4 3 2 8 Regenerate, Disturbing Presence G 90,000

Mummy
It's a very rare and prosperous day when a necromancer finds a freshly dead corpse, and they know exactly what to do with them. Embalmed and wrapped in bandages, Mummies are fierce creatures and very deadly on the field.
0-1 3 5 1 9 Mighty Blow, Regenerate, Throw Team-Mate S 125,000

Re-Roll: 60,000
Apothecary: No

Any thoughts and criticisms welcomed. I think the pricing is about right but I'm not certain. I considered MA 4 on the bone dolls and reducing the price but thought this would make the team too slow as a whole. I'm also considering knives instead of chainsaws on the stitched together. This wouldn't fit the 'leather face' pun as well though Razz

If an undead style resurrection mechanic was possible in Stunty, then this team would utilize it. Possibly even for multiple positions.

Cheers, Josh

Edit: Added RS to doll and leatherface. Added TTM to mummy.

2nd Edit: Changed the thoughts at the end

Last edited by mister__joshua on Jan 20, 2015 - 16:52; edited 8 times in total
Reisender

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

more exerienced stunty coaches may tell about balance, but i like the fluff
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Other than Scarecrow being a bit over-priced, I don't see much of a problem in terms of balance.
(The lineman is one of the best in the leeg, but not too bad).

The problem is... there's not really much of a hook to the team. I mean, like, why would I play this team? Compared to most of the others, they don't really have anything particularly interesting going on...

...unless it was your intention to not give Secret Weapon to the chainsaws, in which case–– that WOULD be interesting!
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 15:11
FUMBBL Staff

Well the hook was more fluffy than on the field tbh. I like undead and thought there was a niche, I like chainsaws and thought the texas chainsaw massacre nod would be funny. Also I think (?) they might be the only team with a big guy without a negatrait.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest, I think this is one of the best submissions I've seen.

The hook is that it's a dependable, stable team that has a bit of everything, and Regen is very very good in stunties.
It's not very special or very unique, but then, people also play humans and witchless dark elves.
If you would remove secret weapon from the saws (which I don't think is your plan) you should remove stunty too, otherwise they can walk through anyone and saw a carrier.

I like it. I think balance and pricing are close to good, though I'd make it 0-2 mummies OR make a necromancer positional. Also, I'd give +MA to your scarecrows.

I like the fluff a lot too.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to me like 2 no-negatrait mummies, with 2 no-SW saws, and 2 ST3 anti-bomb players, to go with resilient linos, would make them exceptionally good. If they get another mummy, you'd need to balance that with nerfing something else.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like this one as well. I was thinking two saws along with two s3 G access guys and a non-negatrait BG was a bit much. But with Scarecrows only having G access, S1 on the saws and just A access, and only the one Mummy, I think it's fine. In fact I'd probably go GS on the scarecrows, maybe buff the saws to s2 as well (this assuming they have a SW7+ roll)

Perhaps 0-2 ghoul-like positional (with this though maybe av6 linesmen? Not too hot on balance but adding a decent carrier, without regen, could veer them more towards undead in style. av6 TS regen is still pretty hardy for stunty). Some two headed, three legged thing in the same theme, parts all stitched together? (In fact that would be a good name to use since you already had it!)

0-2 Stitched Together 6237 Dodge, Stunty, Two Heads, Sure feet A 80k

Honestly though I like them as they are. Decent fluff, characterful players, seems reasonably balanced on first glance, and more undead other than strigs would be great!

Last edited by member1234 on Mar 08, 2013 - 16:06; edited 4 times in total
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing I gotta say, though, is that I don't think the leeg can handle another double-saw team.

There are two already, and they are (for some reason) the teams that people seem to make more than anyone else. (I would estimate about 30-40% of all Stunty teams I see on GF are these.) Personally, I find those matches tiresome. I wouldn't want to see more of them.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 16:10
FUMBBL Staff

My initial feeling was that 2 mummies would be too much so I went for 1. The saws are meant to have a penalty roll, I just missed it off Smile

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 16:11
FUMBBL Staff

cameronhawkins wrote:
One thing I gotta say, though, is that I don't think the leeg can handle another double-saw team.

There are two already, and they are (for some reason) the teams that people seem to make more than anyone else. (I would estimate about 30-40% of all Stunty teams I see on GF are these.) Personally, I find those matches tiresome. I wouldn't want to see more of them.

Would another double-saw team increase their number though, or just diversify the existing saw bias?

Edit: Saws are fun Very Happy

Second Edit: If people like the fluff I'm not opposed to changing the roster. I thought the str1 saws would be ok.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I think ST1 saws is spot on. I read disturbing presence as foul appearance. Yes, I think dist. pres. in stunty is a pretty strong power.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 17:08
FUMBBL Staff

Edited to add the penalty roll in. No other changes made
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's something you could do to make it more distinct––
Since the Leatherfaces are so 'light weight', give them Right Stuff, Ag4, No Hands, and Av6 (since stabbers should be able to slash them pretty easily). Give the Mummy TTM. A legitimately throw-able chainsaw is something that the Leeg has never had, and it would be cool to see what kind of plays could be pulled of with it.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Mummies need TTM and Bone Dolls need right stuff.

A stunty roster with no high flying stunty action is, well, lame.

Give the saws Right stuff to, dont think they need AG4 though. Forget the no hands part. Let him go high flying with the ball....adds tension to a failed landing with +3 on AV check.

Also a chainsaw wielding looney is more likly not to saw if he has the ball. So the anti-saw crowd would love for you to make him the ball carrier.

It is a interesting squad.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Mummies need TTM and Bone Dolls need right stuff.

A stunty roster with no high flying stunty action is, well, lame.

Give the saws Right stuff to, dont think they need AG4 though. Forget the no hands part. Let him go high flying with the ball....adds tension to a failed landing with +3 on AV check.

Well, I suggest Ag4 and No Hands to be different from other chainsaws... so that someone might actually throw him. Not much point in giving him RS otherwise. I've never, ever seen a coach throw a saw, and I can't really imagine a circumstance where they would, except as some extreme last-turn desperation move. I'd like to see a wider variety of maneuvers on the field. New teams should add something new.
 Jump to: