21 coaches online • Server time: 03:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sann0638

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2013 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty cool game this evening v Murker, ending up 0-0. My wizard was deadly, allowing me to snaffle the ball on his drive, but then went for about a 5 turn stall and got nuffled with a snake eyes for the TD. A super deep kick made life hard for my dwindling numbers, but I rode my dice hard and got very close to scoring again, only for one of his wolves to go 4+,4+,3+ and surf my (slightly badly positioned) witch for an MNG. The crowd held their breath as a FG was in scoring range, but the glorious long bomb was not to be. Thanks for the game!

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2013 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

We're into the final round of the OWCC regular season, and there is still plenty to play for in the remaining 8 games.

As I did last season, I've tried to highlight what each team needs from the final games, but I've probably made a mistake or two, so I apologise in advance!

Albion Conference
Barak Varr Goldlords vs Nidhoggstad Icedragons
The Goldlords are currently in the driving seat of the Albion Conference, and can stay there by winning their game (as long as their tie-breaker remains better than Black Chasm Rush's), or by drawing and hoping that the Rush and the Expatriates draw as well (again, tie-breaker must stay positive, so can't afford to concede too many casualties). A tie would guarantee them a place in the Challenge Cup; a loss could drop them to 4th place if results elsewhere go against them.
The Icedragons could technically make it in to the Challenge Cup if they win and both the Expats and the Bonegrinders lose, and they make up 4.5 tie-breaker points on the Expats (so a 2-0 win compared to a 2-0 loss and a better casualty rate would do it).

Black Chasm Rush vs New Bretonnia Expatriates
Although the Rush are tied on points with the Goldlords, their terrible casualty rate hurts them in the tie-breaker. If they win their game, they can win the conference if the Goldlords draw or lose, or they can improve their tie-breaker to beat the Goldlords. A draw would guarantee them a place in the Challenge Cup; a loss could well see them drop out of it.
To win the conference, the Expats have to win this game and hope Goldlords don't win theirs. A dwarf-norse draw would probably be ok, as the lizards have the strongest tie-breaker in the conference. A win is also required to guarantee entry to the Challenge Cup; a draw or loss requires results elsewhere to go their way.

Sylvania Bonegrinders vs L'anguille Leapers
The Bonegrinders could still win the Conference in the final round; they need to win, and hope the Goldlords draw or lose, and the Rush/Expats game is a draw as well. A win would secure them a place in the Challenge Cup, while a draw would be enough if the Expats lose. It is even possible for them to sneak in to the Cup with a loss, if the Expats lose by 3 more touchdowns!
The Leapers can no longer make it to the Challenge Cup.

Morgheim Minions vs Uzkulak Marauders
Whichever team wins in this game could mathematically still get in to the Challenge Cup, if the Goldlords, the Rush, and the Leapers all win. They would need to make up a near impossible gap on their tie-breakers though; the Minions would need a swing of at least 4.5 against the Expats, while the Marauders would need a swing of 8.5!

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2013 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Bretonnia Conference
Black Mountain FORC'ers vs Grey Mountains Lions
A win for the FORC'ers guarantees them the Conference championship. A draw would likely be enough as well, given their superior tie-breaker over the Exiles and IFK. A draw guarantees them a place in the Challenge Cup. If they lose, it gets complicated, with potentially 5 teams all finishing on 5 points. If it did come to that, their tie-breaker might well see them through.
The Lions need to win to have a chance to win the Conference. If they win, and the Exiles-IFK game is a draw, they win the Conference; if it is not a draw, they have to hope their tie-breaker remains better than whoever wins out of the other game (so Lions fans will likely be cheering on IFK Marienburg). A win guarantees a Challenge Cup place; a draw would put them in that potential group of teams on 5 points, which could well see them drop out of the top three. A loss would be very dangerous indeed for their playoff hopes.

Tuarec Exiles vs IFK Marienburg
Both teams are in basically the same position: win, and they are in the Challenge Cup; lose, and they are almost certainly out of it. A big enough win could even see them win the Conference, if the Lions also win and they make up the tie-breaker difference. A draw would probably only be good enough for one of them to get in to the Challenge Cup, and that is likely to benefit the Exiles.

Black Chasm Thirteens vs Darklands Graverobbers
Despite only playing one game this season, the Thirteens are one of two teams with an outside shot at the Challenge Cup. If they win, the FORC'ers win, and the Exiles/IFK game isn't a draw, they could be in. They'd need to hope that the Pirates don't win and improve their tie-breaker too much, though. It is possible for them to sneak in with a draw as well, although they have to increase their tie-breaker to above the Lions'.
The Graverobbers can no longer make it in to the Cup.

Uzkulak Pirates vs Luccini Renegades
The Pirates can also make it in to the Challenge Cup still, and they need the same things to happen as the Thirteens. In addition, they need to either hope the Thirteens fail to win, or they need to improve their tie-breaker considerably.
The Renegades can't catch the top three.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2013 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Its great that almost everyone still has a chance to progress, loving these short seasons and intense battles!
sann0638

Post   Posted: May 02, 2013 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Woohoo, top of the league!

Post   Posted: May 02, 2013 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

sann0638 wrote:
Woohoo, top of the league!

Yes, congratulations on winning the Bretonnia Conference! I've updated the honours list for you on the group page.

With two games remaining, congratulations also to the Goldlords and the Bonegrinders, who have made it into the cup from the Albion Conference, and the Lions, who are also guaranteed a cup place.

The final two places in the cup both depend (to varying degrees!) on the outcome of the last two games.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2013 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
Its great that almost everyone still has a chance to progress, loving these short seasons and intense battles!

Wasn't that way last season! Both BCR and the Expats were doggin' it in the basement with an utterly meaningless Game 4 rematch. What a turn-around for both!

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
gjopie

Post   Posted: May 03, 2013 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
Wasn't that way last season! Both BCR and the Expats were doggin' it in the basement with an utterly meaningless Game 4 rematch. What a turn-around for both!

Absolutely, but I think that is another advantage of short seasons - you can have a bad season, but it won't last long, and hopefully next season your final match may determine the winner of the conference!

Post   Posted: May 03, 2013 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The wildcard games were more or less meaningless too.

I really like the quick pace of this tournament, but it can be over quite quickly too. Smile

The Icedragons played a horrible season and are seriously considering firing their coach, who has been found guilty of and responsible for their aweful performance.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2013 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still reeling from missing out on the Bertonnia Conference title for a 2nd season running. That missed game cost me dear (if I won the toss on it or had played and won, I'd have won the conference).

Post   Posted: May 03, 2013 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Winni wrote:
The wildcard games were more or less meaningless too.

True - they were a mistake, in hindsight.

Chainsaw wrote:
I'm still reeling from missing out on the Bertonnia Conference title for a 2nd season running. That missed game cost me dear (if I won the toss on it or had played and won, I'd have won the conference).

Yeah, that was costly.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2013 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if they were a mistake, there was just no point playing them besides gaining SPPs. The ticket the winner got was nice tho.

Congrats to the Exiles who played a great first season!

Post   Posted: May 03, 2013 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Final Standings in the Bretonnia Conference

Congratulations to the Tuarec Exiles, who won the Conference in their rookie season (and after suffering the indignity of being the first draft pick)!

In 2nd and 3rd place respectively were the Grey Mountain Lions and the Black Mountain FORC'ers. Both teams are going to the first round of the Challenge Cup.

The Bretonnia Inter-Conference Shield team are, in order:
4. Uzkulak Pirates
5. IFK Marienburg
6. Darklands Graverobbers
7. Black Chasm Thirteens*
8. Luccini Renegades

*The Thirteens may be replaced before the ICS starts, so watch this space for more news!

Post   Posted: May 04, 2013 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Final Standings in the Albion Conference

Congratulations to the Barak Varr Goldlords, who won the Conference for the second season running.

In 2nd and 3rd place respectively were the Black Chasm Rush and the Sylvania Bonegrinders. Both teams are going to the first round of the Challenge Cup.

The Albion Inter-Conference Shield team are, in order:
4. New Bretonnia Expatriates
5. Uzkulak Marauders
6. Morgheim Minions
7. Nidhoggstad Icedragons
8. L'anguille Leapers

Good luck to everyone in both competitions!

Post   Posted: May 04, 2013 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well only 1 of the 6 I predicted to make the Challenge Cup made it (although I'd like to point out that (despite the coach's questioning of my prediction) the team I accurately predicted got the exact record I predicted) so so much for my predicting abilities.
 Jump to: