30 coaches online • Server time: 03:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 23, 2013 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

With the Fighting Cockerel Cup almost upon us and the daily influx of teams and fans arriving in the Moot it seems fitting to start this discussion. As mentioned elsewhere, the next team to be added to Stunty will be Halfling Pros/Professionals. This has been a sad omission for me, and if you have read the handbook, the fluff revolves around this particular team establishing the Leeg.

Ok, some ground rules:
1. Don't bring up the spats from the past over the different Halfling rosters. It has no place here.
2. I reserve the right to design the team as I wish, so there is no majority rules to acceptance of any particular roster.
3. Keep it fun and civil.

That said, the aim of the team is:
- A quality team that can ball with the some of the best Stunty teams. These guys are the ones who good enough/smart enough not to end up on a BB team to get crushed by Orcs and Humans.
- A fairly straight forward team, with few gimmicks. I am all for a "crazy" Halfling team (circus, kitchen crew, etc) in the future, but this is the Pro team.
- I'm thinking of you and dexterous Halfling runners (MA6), possibly the only Stunty players in the Leeg with AG4.
- I'd like to see some tougher 'Flings to blitz/anchor the line. Higher AV and possibly stronger (ST3 Stunties) and/or some G and/or S access.
- I am not against Big Guy(s) on the team but would like it to make sense and be interesting and fitting.
- You'll have to convince me on Secret Weapons if you want them. If it doesn't interfere with the Pro theme it is a slight possibility.

Last edited by WhatBall on Jun 24, 2014 - 16:37; edited 3 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: May 23, 2013 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

just some info really -

Flings used to play with Ogres at one point and there are strong links with the two races in old fluff.

Flings used to be ag5, so an ag4 player may not be so dumb, the positional was called a catcher iirc.

Hot Pot is surely a must though could be their star player. Bombadier with HMP MA1.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: May 23, 2013 - 21:38
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure there'll be lots of activity on this so I'll get in early

These are more player ideas than a fully composed roster:

I think you're always going to go traditional halflings for the 0-16 position
Halfling 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty A (GSP)

Ranger 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Shadowing, Stab A (GSP)
(If you want a weapon in the team)

Theif 6 2 4 6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Strip Ball, Sure Hands A (GSP)
(The higher AG piece while playing to halfling fluff)

Fatboy 4 3 2 7 Dodge, Stunty, Thick Skull G (ASP)
(higher strength line-flings)
Garion

Post   Posted: May 23, 2013 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

oh that reminds me, in fluff Halflings are often labelled as thieves in the empire. Not sure if this is prejudice or an accurate portrayal of them, Im sure havestmouse can clear this up?

Post   Posted: May 23, 2013 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Something of a basic team matching Whatball's specifications.

0-16 Halfling 5 2 3 6 A 30k
0-2 Halfling half-giant: 5 3 2 8 thick skull S 50k
0-2 Halfling runner: 6 1 4 6 dodge, stunty, GAP 40k
0-2 Halfling blitzer: 6 2 3 7 dodge, stunty, GA 40k
0-1 Hot Pot: 1 2 3 6 dodge, stunty, bombardier, secret weapon (8+), hail mary pass GAP 40k

Without big guys/TTM the team lacks ability to move (the ball) quickly, but AG4 passing access somewhat makes up for that.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 23, 2013 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

having thought about this a little more. how about

0-16 Halflings 5 2 3 6 Dodge, stunty, Right Stuff A
0-2 Catcher 6 2 4 5 Catch, Dodge, Stunty A
0-2 Thrower 5 2 4 5 Pass, Stunty, Dodge, AP
0-4 Blitzer 5 2 3 7 Dodge, Pro, Stunty, A
0-1 Treeman usual stats, with loner as there is only 1

still not sure about the blitzer, but I think this could work, very hard to tell how they would cope in the division really. Ag4 stunty players dont have right stuff so no TTM using them, they are a pretty slow team on the whole. But have 4 ag4 players which is huge, though at the same time the amount of Diving Tackle in the league will negate this somewhat. The ag4 players also have av5 so they are as squishy is it gets. There is also no G access in the team which is a big weakness. Again blitzer is my only bone of contention really. tricky to know what to do here.

Last edited by Garion on May 24, 2013 - 10:44; edited 2 times in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 23, 2013 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

What I wrote for another thread.

Team play style: Pretty basic, not so much fancy stuff, however they have throwing options.

What makes this team different to what we have?: Well it brings back treemen; has expensive rrs, but another way to get rrs; has a throwing game; doesnt' have any G access players.

Roster:
0-2 Treeman (as is)
0-16 Halflings (as is)
0-2 Halfling Catchers 6 2 4 6 Stunty, Catch, Dodge (no right stuff) A/GPS (very expensive)
0-1 Halfling Hotpot 1 2 3 7 (not very sturdy) Pass, Bomb, Weapon P/GAS
I'd like to give it ag4, but not with bomb access and a Hotpot doesn't seem right without bomb access.

Rerolls very expensive 70k or maybe even 80k!

Chef very cheap, as cheap as CRP Flings or cheaper!

On the whole quite a 'normal' roster (bar the hotpot) but brings a passing game to the stunty division.

Star Players:
1. A real superstar based off of the 2nd ed Puggy figure (pure awesome miniature).
2. The special halflings in warhammer (and the ones done by blacktree) are tracker/bowmen, with a Robin Hood theme.

So how about Robin 'Food', who wears a Robin Hood style hat with a feather in it. Clothes are mainly green, with (might be possible) little stitching marks.

(Edit) or how about to show good fling traits Robbing or 'Robbin' Food - Steals from rich and from the poor, stuffs his face, stuffs his face, stuffs his face!

He could have blood lust - Robby F just can't help himself, actually he helps himself far too often. If Robby F fails a blood lust, he needs to help himself to something nutritional and/or sugary. The poor halfling who's been targeted by Robbing of course tries to protect his buns, which in turn brings out the 'nasty' side of Mr R Food's game and he's clobbered his poor teammate and stolen his dohnuts anyway....

Robbin Food, Robbin Food sneaking in your den,
Robbin Food, Robbin Food stealing hot dogs ten,
Steals from the rich, and from the poor,
Then stuffs his face, stuffs his face, stuffs his face.

Re: Flings being thieves. This is Middle Earth fluff (why Bilbo was chosen for his adventure) and has been taken up by Warhammer universe as well, symbolised by the thieving cheff.

Last edited by harvestmouse on May 26, 2013 - 09:06; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: May 23, 2013 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

is there any truth of their thievery though or like LOTR is it just because they are small?

Post   Posted: May 23, 2013 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

As there are no Treemen currently in Stunty, I think it would be a wasted opportunity not to bring them back with this roster.

Garion wrote:
is there any truth of their thievery though or like LOTR is it just because they are small?

The Baggins and Tooks were notorious for the quality light fingeredness.
Reisender

Post   Posted: May 23, 2013 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Halfling Thrower:

Only the most daring and professional halflings dream of being a quarterback in the glorious stunty leeg. Several hundreds of push-ups per day, hard training in the junior stunty leagues make them strong athletes, nearly able to overcome their size deficit and compete with human throwers (but only nearly...)-

5 2 3 6 Stunty, Dodge, Pass, Strong Arm /Agility, Passing
oryx

Post   Posted: May 23, 2013 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I've always liked the idea of an all halfling "pro" team with positionals and all that!

0-16 lineman 5236 dodge, stunty, a
0-2 blitzer 6237 dodge, wrestle, stunty, pro ga
0-3 blocker 4237 dodge, thick skull, dauntless as
0-3 catcher 6246 dodge, stunty a

costs? no idea! =D

These guys will be pretty pro out the door. The blitzers are fantastic players and natural ball hawks. The blockers will make the los blocks more bearable, and teh catchers will combo with the blitzers for .. not lightening fast, but reasonably fast steals. They have some access to guard, but not to stunty guards, which might make the blitzers a bit too useful. They don't have any easy way to deal with bg's other than avoiding them, but that's the breaks.

I'd really like a positional with kick or dp or both, but I feel like that's taking too much from cheaters. Also we're already looking at 8 positionals, and it would be sad to see no linemen.

I kind of like sage's runner idea, too, although gap access with that statline could get over the top pretty fast, perhaps.

Last edited by oryx on May 23, 2013 - 22:11; edited 1 time in total
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: May 23, 2013 - 22:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

If it's a passing game that's wanted, I think it'd be interesting to go Hail Mary Passers and Diving Catchers. I tried it with skryre but the Jezzails kept getting sent off. Have HMPs that aren't secret weapons, and catchers with diving catch from the start. Fun stunty passing mayhem!

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Skulll

Post   Posted: May 23, 2013 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

If there is an AG 4 stunty, it shouldn't have st 2... would make 1d blitzing to anywhere too easy... AG 4 stunty is awesome enough with ST 1... could make it a G access positional to allow stripballs and wrestles and such...
jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: May 23, 2013 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I think Puggy Baconbreath is a shining light of stardome for Halflings.

(5/3/3/6 Loner, Block, Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Nerves of Steel)

I don't think you need ST3 AG2 blockers and ST2 AG3/4 catchers seperately. I say be brave, and have a ST3 AG3 positional.

0-16 Regular Flings
0-2 Bacon Eaters - 5/3/3/6 Dodge, Stunty, Nerves of Steel GA
0-2 Throwers - 6/2/4/6 Dodge, Pass GAP (no more starting skills. ag4 is enough combined with no stunty i.e. no penalty to passing?)
0-2 Thieves - 6/2/3/6 Dodge, Stunty, Shadowing, Stab, Dump Off.

so basically think Bacon Eaters as Pro Elf Blitzer/Catcher hybrid, Throwers as High Elf throwers and Thieves as Dark Elf Runners/Assassins. That's what they're aspiring to be like anyway...

I'm not sure on Big Guys/Treemen. Would these pros want to be shown up by a stupid loner type? i think they'd be prouder than that!

p.s. No idea about prices. or if this would work at all. Discussion on team creation is great though! Love it!

Rabe

Post   Posted: May 23, 2013 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hot Pot should have Disturbing Presence simply for the smell... Looking at the miniature, it should probably get Strong Arm, but not HMP to start with (that would really have to be an improved version - which could be an option, maybe for a star player, too). Maybe No Hands, though the flings for sure have hands.

I like that thing! Smile

Jump to: