47 coaches online • Server time: 16:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2013 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Love it! Slam Diego players got all their awesome stattiness last year, this year we can cruise to the Rose or Orange Bowl on a team effort. Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2013 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I added the players in contention for voting purposes..not sure if the bowl games count towards award voting

gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2013 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Some Extra Info..Overall Star Player Points as a Team (Sorted Alphabetically)

Team SPP
•Butler Bullfrogs• 113
Arizona Girls Gone Wildcats 119
Army Blood Knights 22
B Y U Boys 161
California Golden Lizards 130
Eastern WA Nordic Eagles 70
Florida Rotting Gators 97
Fresno State Red-Wave 184
Gardner-webb Blitzing Bulldogs 33
HSU Jacks 88
Kent State Golden 'Stashes 30
Maryland Terrapins 136
Missouri Two-Hand-Touch Tigers 131
Navy Midskeletonmen 41
Nippon U Triumphant Lions 63
Notre Dame Fuzzled Irish 14
Ohio State Drunkguys 110
Oklahoma Rat-ers 81
Oregon State Bereavers 10
Oregon Waterfoul 76
Slam Diego State Smacktecs 131
Slaughterville Seawolves 16
South Florida Cockroaches 93
Tennessee Volunteered 103
Texas S n' M Aggroes 131
Texas Tech Rat Raiders 104
U.Con. Huskies 119
UCLA Brusiers 139
Univercity of Hawaii 160
UNM LoBlows 42
Vampirebilt Commonthralls 101
Washing-a-ton Huskies 91
We Were Air Force 86
Wisconsin Honeygrues 139

Smeat

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2013 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Oregon Waterfoul 2
vs
Nippon U Triumphant Lions 0

Oregon Casualties:
#5 Frank Sequoia (Serious Concussion (-AV))
#6 Bizzo Gallagher (Dead (RIP))
#7 Brad Clumsyfist Roberts (Broken Jaw (MNG))
#14 Morgan "Black-bellied Whistling Duck" Wright (Smashed Ankle (-MA))

"Pyrrhic" - use it in a sentence (or two) today!

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2013 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

RFAdvantage Bowl Predictions!

McNurgle's BowlImage
#30 Navy (Smack10) 1-0-8 (.292)#12 SoS
~ Navy in the McNurgle's? Is anyone surprised?
vs.
#25 Oklahoma (Big Beast) 1-1-7 (.437)#1 SoS
~ Even the toughest schedule in the nation wont save you from the McNurgle's if you can only manage a win and a tie all season.
or
#24 UCLA (Big Beast) 2-2-5 (.465)#25 SoS
~ UCLA could still get into a bowl game this year if Navy has gone a.w.o.l. again. They could inherit the shame!

Fireball Fire BowlImage
#16 Ten (FBC) 4-1-4 (.533)#18 SoS
~ Ten gets the softest matchup, but it really is meaningless in such a lackluster bowl.
vs.
#26 CSUB (non-AQ) 5-2-1 (.400)#32 SoS
~ The running dead should get a bowl game, but with 3 non-wins against the weakest non-aq in years, they are looking at a bottom rung offer at best.

A fun match for the bloodthirsty spectator. We predict Ten beats up on the running dead but forgets about the ball for 7/8 of the match to lose. CSUB 1:0 Ten

Goober BowlImage
#13 BYU (Smack10) 4-1-4 (.592)#13 SoS
~ This is not the first time we have recommended a BYU team for the Goober bowl. I guess that should make them goober favorites.
vs.
#14 Arizona (FBC) 4-3-2 (.589)#24 SoS
~ Some other national champion teams don't even make it back to bowl games, so I guess the fact they got a bowl game says something about these loose girls. Not to mention that BYU is a good matchup for the GGW.

A close match 1:1 until a late score by AZ in the final minutes or overtime for the 2:1 win.

Wonderbra BowlImage
#11 WWAF (FBC) 4-3-2 (.640)#9 SoS
~ Not quite the AF of old, but that was crashed out of them, a good showing for this rebuilding crew, we think they have the stuff to challenge for a top notch bowl in future seasons.
vs.
#12 Oregon (FBC) 6-1-2 (.636)#22 SoS
~ The ducks would be scratching their collective heads at this low placement with 6 wins, but they know that their competition was the weakest schedule they have carried in years.

Oregon takes home the Wonderbra Double-Cup but it is meaningless compared to their other trophies 3:1.

Killer Lite BowlImage
#9 Butler (Smack10) 6-1-2 (.660)#21 SoS
~ The Bullfrogs are a solid candidate out of the tough Smack10. But being the 4th best team in your division still won't get you very far.
vs.
#10 Cali (Big Beast) 5-2-2 (.653)#10 SoS
~ The Golden lizards are back to their favorite bowl. A return to the Killer Lite is like playing on home field.

Unless Cali can lay down a beating early, the Bullfrogs will leap away with this one by early in the second half. Cali makes it look close with a meaningless score. 2:1 Bullfrogs.

Tossit-os Fiesta BowlImage
#7 Ohio (Big Beast) 5-2-2 (.703)#5 SoS
~ Unlike Oregon's chump schedule, Ohio's 5-2-2 record was achieved against some of the top competition in the nation. They will be an absolute handful in this mid-level bowl game.
vs.
#8 SFL (FBC) 4-3-2 (.677)#2 SoS
~ South Florida is another squad that has somehow played a touch schedule even while being in the FBC. Explain that for me would ya, cause I can't figure it out.

Ohio hits just a bit harder and scores just a bit more for the 2:1 end of regular play/OT win.

DeadEx Orange BowlImage
#4 UCon (Big Beast) 5-2-2 (.720)#3 SoS
~ UCon is being dropped out of the Rose Bowl to prevent an all Smack10 Orange Bowl. The United Convicts carried one of the top schedules in the nation, but were unable to capitalize enough on it for a title shot.
vs.
#6 SD (Smack10) 7-0-2 (.712)#16 SoS
~ The Smacktalks held their own in a solid Smack10, but were edged out by Hawaii, and well behind Fresno for the division title.

SD and UCon both boast balanced Cas/TD differentials (+7/+6,+7/+7) to make this a match worth watching. UCon will SD in the same way they welcome every other school in the nation, by adding more bodies to their already bloated zombie roster. 2:1 UCon in OT, when the last human is finally dead

Rose BowlImage
#3 Florida (FBC) 6-3-0 (.723)#15 SoS
~ The Rotting Gators won the FBC and will be able to wear their home colors for the Rose bowl, but they will have a challenge on their hands facing...
vs.
#5 Hawaii (Smack10) 7-0-2 (.716)#19 SoS ~ UofH will be looking to run up the score quickly as their cas differential has been horrible this season.

The #1 TD differential (Hawaii) will face off against the #2 Cas differential team in the nation. A classic matchup between offense and defense. Hawaii survives and has a shot to win it late. 3:2 Hawaii in spectacular fashion.

BCS Title GameImage
#1 Wisc (Big Beast) 6-3-0 (.773)#11 SoS
~ One of only two teams in the nation with no losses. The Honeygrues are experts at staving off defeat.
vs.
#2 Fresno (Smack10) 7-1-1 (.736)#23 SoS
~ The Red Wave has been faltering down the stretch. Can they hold on long enough to make their season meaningful or will it all go sideways?

Great match, the Grue's don't take any early casualties, and go up 2:0, but the bodies start to stack like cordwood in the 2nd half, and Fresno will threaten to tie the game up for an easy OT win. A miracle play will steal the day and the DamnedGrues will claim the national title 2:1 in regulation

Having a crappy year (no bowl recommendation)
#15 Missou 2-4-3 (.580)
#17 Texas 2-3-4 (.552)
#18 Maryland 3-1-5 (.551)
#19 HSU 3-2-4 (.544)
#20 Wash 3-2-4 (.521)
#21 TTech 4-0-3 (.515) - Probation/Infectious?
#22 Vampy 2-4-3 (.514)
#23 Nippon 3-1-5 (.497)
#27 Bama 2-3-3 (.328)
#28 GBB 1-1-4 (.307)
#29 UNM 0-1-3 (.301)
#31 Northwest 3-1-4 (.292)
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2013 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I think an all-Smack10 Bowl would be okay in this case, if it features Hawaii vs SDSU. The last game was wild, crazy, and fresh in our memories, and a rapid turnaround for a bowl-game meeting would be an awesome start to what we're hoping will be a rivalry for the ages.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2013 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

When I do need to be ready if I want to join?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2013 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would you wait? Just pick an unclaimed school, make a team themed on that school, and apply it to the group! The Non-AQ (rookie) division had 12 teams two seasons ago, and it was awesome. Last season, we had 5 and it was kinda lame. Also, everybody waited to the last minute, so we couldn't have a preseason, and those teams are coming in a little short on their curve. So joining early will let us tell more coaches "we got some coaches already" which lets us get more and better coaches involved. Because the format doesn't restrict the size of the league (NCAA is vast), the only real restriction is Ex-Con's managerial skills, and Ex-Con knows as well as anybody that challenges like that are just part of the awesome polymathic demand Nuffle places upon his Chosen Ones. The Non-AQ weeds out the unreliable (mostly, and apparently doesn't weed out the cowards, cough cough).

The thing I like best about this league is the power curve. Nobody can stay dominant: you really get two seasons to build up, two to shine brightly, and then rinse/repeat, with ever-shrinking boom and bust patterns. You start out higher than your low-point (that is, your 5th season you'll crash back to rookie-ish, but your rookie season you'll have rookie opponents and in your 5th season you'll be back in the shark tank), and as deaths lead to replacements lead to leftover players as your classes graduate, you'll eventually average out. Also, the sense of continuity is great: your graduates live on in the NBFL, which is kind of fun because you get to track their careers. Throw in rivalry matches, bowls, awards, voting, real world references, keg stands... a good time for all.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2013 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, I'll start on the team and get it applied Smile
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooh... a no-Dancer build! AWESOME!

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Time for my recruitment blogs. JR I'm adding you to the unofficial recruiting team. So that brings the group to 3. You, me, and my hand. Sounds like a party
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep your hand away from me, Robo. But sure, I'll help you recruit. I've also made a Non-Q team in case there's an odd-man-out.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Getting pretty excited to be a part of this league.

Looking forward to the Non-AQ season start.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

We need some more, though.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I have two brothers that play, but they're saying they're not active/committed enough to play. I don't disagree, so I'm not going to press it.
 Jump to: