62 coaches online • Server time: 23:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What kind of pirate do ye be?
Yarr!
36%
 36%  [ 12 ]
Collecting booty like it's my duty!
27%
 27%  [ 9 ]
More pie, I don't care what follows the pie!
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
The kind who thinks that the captain of the highest placing stunty team could write a better poll for the start of next season than this sorry sod!
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 33

happygrue

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2013 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Season I is over! Congrats to everyone who participated in the only first season ARR will ever have!

Season one saw more than 250 qualifying teams and featured 18 completed sprints. Although ARR didn't start until a week after the box scheduler change, the stats we can easily pull are pre and post scheduler change:

Pre-scheduler change ARR races were the 8 least played races in the box by quite a bit, making up 12.20% of (non-mirror) games in the box. Post-scheduler change ARR races make up 7 of the 8 least played races in the box, accounting for 14.52% of (non-mirror) games. Underworld gets bumped up to 9th least played and Amazons drop to 6th least played race since the scheduler change! What's more interesting to me than that even, is that the top races shave off a bit here and there, chaos dropping about 2% in popularity and humans are up more than 3% (about 5% of games pre and more than 8% post) since the change. I would guess that has to do with the genesis and continued determination of the HLP. But what's really exciting to me is that we don't see the same sharp drop off in games played for the ARR teams that we used to. It's early days and the sample size is small, but the spread of teams indicates the box is currently a more diverse place than it once was.

Enough chitchat, haul up the booty already! It's badge then team(s) earning it. Put them in your team bio to make lasses swoon or men weep with jealousy, as ye prefer!

The grand champion is Azure's Tisiphone (UW), who managed to also claim the the #2 spot in ARR as well as the #1 blackbox ranking while playing his last 10+ games in a row with Pro Elves. ARRmazing!

The top stunty finisher was Jumboparagon's General Tao Knights FC (fling). In addition to his share of the loot, Jumbo gets to choose the group tagline (currently "Join for grog, stay for booty.") for the rest of the season.

The format is Place/Coach/Team/Race the appropriate badge. For more detailed info on record and TV visit the leaderboard. And now, me buckos, feast yer eyes upon our glorious winARRs!

1 Azure Tisiphone Underworld

2 Azure To the Ends of the Earth Elf

3 Overhamsteren Father The Fall High Elf

4 cameronhawkins Lost Children Of The Deep Underworld
5 Azure Megaera Vampire
6 Loew Banned Falcons High Elf
7 Dunenzed Plank Hoppers Slann
8 xnoelx Conan's Chaotic Creepers Underworld
9 Nightbreed Lothern Lion-Hearts High Elf
10 DukeTyrion Wild Phoenix High Elf

1 nufflehatesme love new box o.0 Goblin
1 Jumboparagon General Tao Knights FC Halfling
1 ErobererZim Oggys Brotherhood Ogre
1 Azure Megaera Vampire
1 Azure To the Ends of the Earth Elf
1 Overhamsteren Father The Fall High Elf
1 Dunenzed Plank Hoppers Slann

2 uzkulak Goblinboard Goblin
2 cakalis Maziai kamikadzes Halfling
2 Ferra76 Testine Ogre
2 Steakhachez Who want to live forever! Vampire
2 Makla Yul Brynners Elf
2 Loew Banned Falcons High Elf
2 CroixFer Frog Predators Slann
2 cameronhawkins Lost Children Of The Deep Underworld

3 cakalis zalieji pankai Goblin
3 Gash_Thawakka Face Plant Halfling
3 nThatch Golden Calf Ogre
3 Steakhachez Transylvania Night Wings Vampire
3 Topper Moonstar Elf
3 Nightbreed Lothern Lion-Hearts High Elf
3 Nestoroide Saltinbanquis cabreados Slann
3 xnoelx Conan's Chaotic Creepers Underworld

2 Azure To the Ends of the Earth Elf
3 Overhamsteren Father The Fall High Elf

4 cameronhawkins Lost Children Of The Deep Underworld
5 Azure Megaera Vampire
6 Loew Banned Falcons High Elf
7 Dunenzed Plank Hoppers Slann
8 xnoelx Conan's Chaotic Creepers Underworld
9 Nightbreed Lothern Lion-Hearts High Elf
11 Steakhachez Who want to live forever! Vampire
12 CroixFer Frog Predators Slann
13 Jumboparagon General Tao Knights FC Halfling
14 Makla Yul Brynners Elf
15 dynamo380 Underville Strayz Underworld
18 nufflehatesme love new box o.0 Goblin
22 cthol Marienburg Stormclouds High Elf
26 Steakhachez Transylvania Night Wings Vampire
27 cakalis Maziai kamikadzes Halfling

Okay, so maybe next time I can make that look bettARR. It's me first time doing this, you know. Wink

******Original first post follows:

We be recently launched! If you don't know what this is about, go read that first or you'll be swimming with the fishes before you can say "please, just go read that first, okay?"

Welcome to the official thread of the Abandoned Races Race! Season I: Out of the Chaos is all about working out the kinks and claiming the early spoils before the good booty is spoken for.

If you would like to review the rules or join the group (for fluff or to be advised of any updates via group PM), please visit the ARR! group page.

This thread is a place to tell of glorious victory, to offer and claim bounties, to make suggestions (though you will be keelhauled if we don't like them) and most importantly: to get righteously pirate-faced on cheap grog.

But first, the news:

1. Vamps and Goblins have finished sprints, but don't take my word for it, check out the leaderboard! Who will be next? Will the Master Chefs step up!?

2. TV limits have been removed. This is now basically a conference with no upper bound for ALL 8 races. Again, that means that any game of a team of High Elves, Pro Elves, Slann, Vampires, Underworld, Halflings, Goblins or Ogres in the box will count, regardless of TV. This may change in a future season.

3. There is still time to start! We have more than 5 weeks left (last day in January is the end of Season 1). Will you take home prize for your race in the very first season? Can you make it into the top 3?

ARR! Good luck, me harties!

Last edited by happygrue on Feb 02, 2014 - 05:49; edited 2 times in total
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2013 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Yet another try to make a high elf team that doesn't completely suck. Evil or Very Mad

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2013 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice timing, with the box revision and all. I already have some boxed gobbos; maybe I'll have a go at boxing flings too.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2013 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

You persuaded me to finally make a non-chaos team in the box. But I felt guilty straying too far, so I went Underworld. Back in Realms of Chaos, a champion could have chaos goblins, skaven and a troll as a retinue, so that's my excuse.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2013 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

When you press a team on the leaderboard the links to that team and its opponents don't work.

happygrue

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2013 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, thanks for the report. Our leaderboard was a very quick hack by koadah so I'll let him know. As it's the holidays, I don't know when he'll find time to look at it, but hopefully it is an easy fix.

It's not too late to get sprinting! Several races have low numbers, so even if you can't finish a full sprint you might be able to do well with a half sprint or so. Also, right now you won't show up on our page unless you make the top 250 in the regular sprint, which basically means you probably won't show up until you have 1-2 wins at the moment.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2013 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

These high elfs are the luckiest ponces I've yet coached, thank you ARR!

happygrue

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2013 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

ARR! It must be the lucky banner! I urge all teams to add it - with a link to the group page ideally... just paste this into your team bio:

Code:
[url=http://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=8767&op=view][img]https://fumbbl.com/i/415420[/img][/url]
fidius

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2013 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

We'll see if the banner changes my luck...! Gak!
happygrue

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2013 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres in the top 3? It must be a Christmas MARRacle!
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2013 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:
Ogres in the top 3? It must be a Christmas MARRacle!

UndARRfeated Ogres after 7 games!
Jumboparagon

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2013 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Time to jinx the whole campaign...
Flings are move'n on up! Pulled into a tie for 6th with the Duke, however TV's starting to inflate and more beastly opponents await I'm sure Confused
baelnic

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2013 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it turns out that I suck. So fear not me moving up the Slann tables.
Jumboparagon

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2013 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

there's your problem.... no knox
add one to your squad, and call me in the morning
Jumboparagon

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2013 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

what's the definition of a sprint btw? 16 straight games with only 1 team? can u play other box matches with other teams during that time, or if you do, your sprint starts over?
 Jump to: