39 coaches online • Server time: 13:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2014 - 14:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The Grind had begun

This is the In Character thread for Grind.

The premise is simple. Anyone involved in Grind can post here, but all posts (after this one) must be made in-character. They don't have to be in the character of your coach necessarily. It could be one of your players, a random bystander or spectator or whatever, but all posts must be written from an in-world perspective. It will also be a good place for me to post in-game news items and announcements.

People can also use this thread for announcing when games are going to be played, or even a bit of smack-talk, but all IC.

Thanks

Josh
cowhead

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2014 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

After the annoucement of the seasons fixtures

Avast ye!!!

Orkz, we be facin' them thar greenskins. Not sure which province th' flea ridden bilge swillers be hailin' from. We'll be waitin' aboard th' Barge fer 'em.

Later that day

Ahoy thar mateys!

We be findin' them thar' greenskins. Come t' th' barge if ye be wantin' t' see it.

After the game

Yo Ho Ho!!!

Th' pirates be takin' th' first game. Those weevil eatin' galley slaves wasn't knowin' what 'it 'em.

Yarrr!!!

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2014 - 15:32
FUMBBL Staff

Grind - The opening game

It's an exciting opening day to the season for the inmates at The Penitentiary. So rarely do they receive entertainment like this! The guards are out in force to quell any unrest as the former prisoners take to the field. Maybe this wasn't a good location for their home games. The crowd seem to be supporting the opposition, all selected from the famous Galloping Gunners regiment.

The game started lively enough and soon descended into a centre-field brawl. It only took a few minutes for the Gunners to break the line and scoop up the ball, while heavily marked, for their catcher to run away with. A desperate Touchdown-saving play wasn't to be and a few seconds later the Gunners were up 1-0. The PPP attack started brutally. Caging in and heading down the flank they didn't account for the blitzing Ogre who pinned the ball against the touchline. It was looking like they'd just manage to hold on til halftime without conceding again when a couple of big hits knocked the ogre down and Vitturi scooped up the ball and made a break for it. He didn't get far before being surrounded and the ball looked lost. Blasio lent valuable support and Vitturi was able to get into the ruckus, causing the ball to bobble all over the place as both teams struggled to recover it. It broke free of the maul and landed at the feet of Guilelmo who happily sprinted off for the TD.

The crowd at this point took exception to their former cellmates and at the start of the second half took to the field to vent their frustrations. The guards were powerless to stop the pitch invasion which took out half of the Pavona team, and a couple of their opponents. PPP never really managed to recover, eventually breaking away with the ball only to be smashed back into the fans only too eager to welcome him. The Gunners galloped to victory and PPP were left to trudge back into the locker room.

In the end the Gunners superior athleticism and training told, and showed the Parole Program that pumping weights in the yard isn't a replacement for match fitness.
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2014 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Samuele Francese's team log, 19th jan 2514

Today was our first game in this new tilean league and we could have had a better start. The other team must have been training a lot, they were very good players. Seems they also had a more experienced coach.

Orso really had a slow start, I don't know what he was thinking, but after the second goal I told him if he didn't get his mind together he could go back to Tobaro. He must really have been ispired by hour "talk" because right after he headbutts the other ogre Gnarh #14 leaving him unconscious. They had to get a troll from the audience dragging him off the pitch!

Ugolino was practicing his skill with the boots too, but with no luck. The referee saw him kicking a player in the face and banned him for the game. Better luck next time, we'll try to afford spiked boots soon.

I will be resting for the next game, since I was pushed into the audience damaging my eye. Our team apotechary managed to fix it anyway, but accidently broke my leg. Another player, Edward, will take my place. I have no idea who he is, I think Consetta found him in the croud after the game and persuated him to fill in for me.

Our next game is against those stinking pirates from Sartosa. I have bad experience with pirates in general, but I have never met them on the pitch. I hope they will need peg legs and, hooks and eyepatches after we're done with them.
cowhead

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2014 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Arr! Them thar be th' City Guard o' Tobaro.

City Guard them, they be th' sorriest bunch o' guards I ever been seein'.

Where be this Tobaro then?

Up near them thar mountains on th' east'n shores. Ye 'ave t' be passin' through th' Isles o' th' Sirens t' reach it.

Oh aye, th' Isle o' th' Sirens, I be havin' a couple o' sprogs up that way. May be I be droppin' in on 'em.

Once we be givin' them thar lice infested blaggards o' a City Guard a good ol' kickin' o' course.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahoy Thar'

Th' Shipwrecks were victorious on their visit t' Tobaro. An early TD by th' Cap'n earned him Kick Off Return. But it allowed those pesky landlubbin' guards a chance t' equalise by th' half.

Some good defence by th' lads allowed Black Baz t' knock th' ball free midway through th' second half half allowing Lazarus t' pick up th' loose ball. Laz held up strong t' keep hold o' th' ball after a strong block and was able t' push his way free. Scoring unopposed in th' dyin' seconds o' th' game.

A good victory all in all, shame Rocco took a pounding at th' hands o' Leo Vassallo. He be havin' a black spot on his name now, ye mark my words.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2014 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Arrr!

Th' Pirates met some fierce opposition in them thar' Elves. We had th' wind t' our backs in th' 1st half which saw us steal th' ball from th' pansies. But like many a woman th' wind is fickle and soon th' 2nd half saw us fightin' against it. Them thar' high and dandy, fancy Elves stalled out a goodly chunk o' th' half t' wrap th' game up as draw.

Arrr! 'Pipes' picked up MVP even though he be on th' pitch fer less time than it takes a whore t' fart. Picking up a thing o' two from th' Elves, thus being th' Shipwrecks 2nd Catcher with +AG now.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2014 - 14:21
FUMBBL Staff

"What was that!" spat Officer Franco as the players sat despondent in the changing room.
"It wasn't our fault boss! They did something to the ball..." complained Gregorio hopelessly.
"I'm not interested in your excuses!" shouted the officer "If I see another performance like that you'll all lose your yard privileges for good, Do I Make Myself Clear?"
"Yes officer Franco" the team sounded out in chorus.

It had been a disappointing day, the worst they'd had since they started competing. Only a late fist at a comeback spared complete embarrassment. Next time they face the 'Hope', they won't be holding anything back....

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
cowhead

Post   Posted: May 01, 2014 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Thar' be a party in Sartosa tonight.

Cap'n Neri led th' Shipwrecks t' a great victory against local rivals th' Clams in last nights cup match. Th' Shipwrecks started kickin' 'n with a strong defence we be seein' Lazzaro knock th' ball free, close t' midway through th' 'alf. Little Vito was eventually able to get th' ball and free 'n run in th' Touchdown.

Th' 2nd 'alf saw th' Shipwrecks confound th' clams with a classic switch play. Pinnin' 'alf th' Clams t' one side o' th' pitch while Pipes moved t' th' opposite side o' th' field, runnin' in th' Touchdown.

Kickin' again this time saw Rocco take another strong block, which be seein' him stretchered o' th' pitch again. He be claimin' t' have a serious concussion, but he be his normal drunk self t' me. Th' Shipwrecks be gettin' th' ball off o' them Clams again. This time Lazzaro had t' honour o' runnin' in th' Touchdown.

With th' game all but over Journeyman William Hardfield came face t' face with Black Bas and be learnin' his last lesson in this life. Ye best not be blockin' Black Bas. Hardfiels corpse be vanishin' soon after th' game 'n has yet t' be found.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2014 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Musb, I knew you would come in useful after all! Now tell me what you saw at the game of those pillaging pirates.

Ah, spritely catchers you say? Hmmmm...they will certainly be a handful. But our gutter runner hunting skills will come in handy there.

Well we have enough to compete with the strength, but barely.

Oh and Musb, here is your new boot. *Winks and evil grin appears*

Post   Posted: May 03, 2014 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Listen 'ere ye' scury dogs. Th' Shipwrecks be in th' final awatin' whoever dares t' face 'em.

Th' Red Pox although worm riddled were a tough nut t' crack. Little Vito should a been scorin' at th' end o' th' game but Nodne Cultynn who had t' be patched up by the doc early in th' game, wouldn't leave 'im be.

Th' Pox almost stole th' game but a trip by Anthonx Verolla let Pipes steal in 'n run t' ball in.

Calypso be mighty impressed she be blessin' Ignacio 'The Red' with great agility.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2014 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

We were beaten fair and square by those sea fairing scallywags. Let's get ready for next season now boys. I hear there is a tour happening so pack your bags. We will be heading out soon.

Don't forget your new boots Musb!
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: May 09, 2014 - 14:40
FUMBBL Staff

*** Breaking News ***

Early this morning the Tilean Blood Bowl Committee were shocked when elections came back with a unanimous result and Jofré Borgia was sworn in as their new President, despite not featuring on the original ballot paper. The newly appointed chief was said to be very surprised by what he described as a 'fortunate' series of events.

Last week, with their inaugural season drawing to a close, the TBBC board members gathered to discuss the future of their league and whether profits had been high enough to continue for a second term. It was decided that, although lucrative, the monetary return would be greater with a single league overseer, who would distribute the league wealth to the families. It was agreed unanimously, as these things are with nobility, that a new landed title would be created and the Lord of the Game would have complete control of league rules and decisions, on the condition that profits increased yearly for all board members. The TBBC members then each got one vote on which of their number would hold this new title.

The newly titled Lord Borgia is a unknown character, believed to be from Remas. How his name has been marked on all 8 papers is a mystery to the organisers and the committee, who each insist they didn't vote for him. An appeal was quashed this morning by Lord Justice Commoli who said that unless anyone could irrefutably prove that tampering had taken place then the decision was to stand. None of the original papers remain to prove Jofré's absence, and so he was sworn in this afternoon in the presence of eight hateful and angry Committee members.

*********************************************************************************************

In his first order of business, Lord Borgia ordered that all teams comprising the league would be to travel out on a tour across the Old World, spreading the news of the league's formation to the surrounding realms and attracting cheap foreign talent not good enough to perform in the big leagues. He didn't say that last part. Following the current Tournament to crown the league winner, the teams are to forego their promised summer break and will instead be divided into groups and told their destinations, much to the ire of several team managers and all of the players. Destinations will be announced post-haste.

He then, to cap a successful first day on the job, named Theobald Eck as his Chief of Trifles. Because he liked delegation, and trifle.
Throweck

Post   Posted: May 09, 2014 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Theobald Eck took a chance glance at Lord Borgia and desperately wanted to give the 'thank you wink' but didn't want to come across as too eager. His duties yet to be officially determined, he retires to choose a celebration trifle.
ttorvatn

Post   Posted: May 10, 2014 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Watch out, Orso... Your final days as a Blood Bowl player are happening now... Il Brute will get you! (written on a piece of scrap paper thrown through Orso's basement window yesterday evening. Written, by the way, by Enrico, since Il Brute is not very strong on those squiggly thingies... Smile)
 Jump to: