52 coaches online • Server time: 22:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What is the next badge you'd like to see?
BrawlARR - Win a Black Box Brawl
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
WinARR - Win a Major Qualifier
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
BigARR - Sprint with the highest average TV
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
That's right, we want some PIE! Wait, what's all this about badges?
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
LoseARR - Worst record of any sprint
41%
 41%  [ 13 ]
Something else - You're ideas ARR crap! (post it below)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 31

happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2014 - 05:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Season II is over! My apologies for not getting this out sooner. I would blame the downtime except that it has more to do with the frackity long time I spent messing around with tables and trying to find a format that I liked that I could also plug stuff into easily for next season. It turns out that either bbcode is not good at what I want to do or perhaps I'm not good at bbcode (maybe both). So I finally just gave up and am going to do it the same as last time. Anyway, congrats to all of our winners below.

The format is Place/Coach/Team/Race the appropriate badge. Special mention for the top stunty score from Malodoror's Blood <<Gueule>> Bowl Stars (Ogre).

For more detailed info on record and TV visit the leaderboard. And now, me buckos, feast yer eyes upon our glorious winARRs!

1 kingvan We suckalot Vampire

2 happygrue Battlefrogs Slann

3 Nightbreed Pro Elf Protectors Elf

4 okostomi Nuevo ricos High Elf
5 darth-mael crocro Slann
6 dynamo380 Underville Strayz Underworld
7 BlodgeyDocker Ex-Factor Vampire
8 BooAhl Unforlomers Slann
9 Sotomonte Undervalued Underworld
10 tmoila 2 dodges 1 blitz High Elf

1 keggiemckill Gombardeirs Goblin
1 Apojar New Flingland PastryTots Halfling
1 Malodoror Blood <<Gueule>> Bowl Stars Ogre
1 Nightbreed Pro Elf Protectors Elf
1 okostomi Nuevo ricos High Elf
1 happygrue Battlefrogs Slann
1 dynamo380 Underville Strayz Underworld

2 Apojar Denver Gobcos Goblin
2 Dunenzed Arrflings Halfling
2 Shirokov Getafe Steelers Ogre
2 BlodgeyDocker Ex-Factor Vampire
2 xnoelx Masque of the HARRlequins Elf
2 tmoila 2 dodges 1 blitz High Elf
2 darth-mael crocro Slann
2 Sotomonte Undervalued Underworld 16

3 mrt1212 Villaraeliae BBC BBL Goblin
3 Ziggyny Last Launchers Halfling
3 duruk Once Again With Feeling Ogre
3 cdassak Suck Attack Vampire
3 Azure Elves March On Elf
3 Loew Banned Falcons High Elf
3 BooAhl Unforlomers Slann
3 cameronhawkins Lost Children Of The Deep Underworld

2 happygrue Battlefrogs Slann
3 Nightbreed Pro Elf Protectors Elf
4 okostomi Nuevo ricos High Elf
5 darth-mael crocro Slann
6 dynamo380 Underville Strayz Underworld
7 BlodgeyDocker Ex-Factor Vampire
8 BooAhl Unforlomers Slann
9 Sotomonte Undervalued Underworld
10 tmoila 2 dodges 1 blitz High Elf
12 Throweck Slann-Dabby-Dozy Slann
13 Loew Banned Falcons High Elf
14 cdassak Suck Attack Vampire
15 Malodoror Blood <<Gueule>> Bowl Stars Ogre
16 keggiemckill Gombardeirs Goblin
19 cdassak Flight Club Slann
20 Apojar New Flingland PastryTots Halfling
21 Apojar Denver Gobcos Goblin
23 xnoelx Masque of the HARRlequins Elf
25 Dunenzed Arrflings Halfling
26 Shirokov Getafe Steelers Ogre
30 Prinz11 LS Ellesméra High Elf
34 Prinz11 Fast'n'Froschius Slann
40 Ziggyny Last Launchers Halfling

**** Original post follows ****

ARR Season II: Here Be Dragons is underway!

Check out the Season I winnARRs to get motivated and then get playing! What's ARR? Ten thousand thundering typhoons man, haven't ye heard of ARR?

Well if that's not motivation enough to hoist anchor, how about a chance to win your very own set of FUMBBL dice? A glorious challenge awaits those brave enough to try. Details here.

Be sure to vote for the badge you'd like to see most so we can watch you blubber like a babe when it fails to appear! Er, I mean get to work on it right away![/b]

Last edited by happygrue on Apr 07, 2014 - 05:07; edited 1 time in total
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2014 - 15:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

So after yesterday the WarpStoners achieved the first UndARRworld BBB win my new goal will be to complete a sprint and hopefully place racial top 3.

yARRrrrr!!!

Oh, and I obviously vote for BrawlARR cos I wants one! Though all the badges are good and I'd hope to see them all with time Very Happy
Scaramanga

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2014 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

A badge for the sprinter with the biggest treasure.
Azure

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2014 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

As for the brawls:
Vampire: 4 (most or all by cherServiteurS - coached by azyx)
Pro Elf: 2 (not sure)
Underworld: 1 (▽WarpStoners▽ - coached by mister__joshua)
Slann: 1 (Leapers Colony - coached by keggiemckill)
Ogre: 0
High Elf: 0
Halflings: 0
Goblins: 0
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2014 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Do I get a bonus point for losing in overtime? Wink

Unfortunately my elves won't be getting more than 1 (major) tournament game in this season... though I'll probably try to get a few games in with them later this month/next month when things quieten down a bit.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2014 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Badge for a BrARRL victor. Win one in season 2 !

New pic, based on comments below. Which now make no sense. HA!

Last edited by The_Murker on Feb 04, 2014 - 18:03; edited 1 time in total
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2014 - 12:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

As my Brawl final was on Feb 1st I think I'll claim the first one ever Very Happy

Feel free to say no, but could we have BrawlARR instead of BrARRl? I just think it sounds better Razz

edit: The ARR on that one has come out fuzzier than on your others for some reason, unless it's just my screen.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2014 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted for worst result. Taking it is not mandatory, but some folks (including me) enjoy getting badges even for really bad performance. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2014 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

LoseARR is not really supported by the system. It only records your best sprint of the season and forgets the rest.

The lowest scoring completed (and registered) sprint deserves something though. Not sure I like LoseArr though. How about RelentlARRs? Wink

BrawlARR rather than BrAARl for winning a Brawl I think. The BrARRl is a special one. Wink

Current standings

1. Sottoscala (Underworld - iena)
2. We suckalot (Vampire - kingvan)
3. Nuevo ricos (High Elf - okostomi)

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2014 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah: Instead of LoseARR we could do LandlubbARR or LubbARR, perhaps? And using the lowest of recorded sprints seems like the way to go. You tried but still came in last (among sprintARRs)!

Some news:
* The group has 92 member teams now, good enough for the 20th largest group on FUMBBL!

* Highest placing stunty winnARR from last season Jumboparagon has chosen the new group tagline (this goes under the group name on your bio page): Marooned on clawpomb island. Want to choose it next season? Be the top placing stunty captain!

* The New BrawlARR Champs badge is available on the group page and also below:

Current winners that I know of:
mister__joshua's ▽WarpStoners▽ (Underworld)
keggiemckill's Leapers Colony (Slann)

But anyone else who's won a brawl with an ARR team can put that in their bio also.

* In current standings, kingvan's We suckalot (Vampire) leads the pack!

On a personal note, I played the first game with my Battlefrogs in about a year and a half. They had been crushed from majors and regular box play, and with tons of bloaty skills because they were one of my first teams on FUMBBL and I didn't know my ARR from my elbow at that point. But given their history I didn't want to retire them either... so I threw them back in and.... scrapped together a glorious victory against some much higher TV killer chaos. I was quite lucky to win it, and even luckier that he trimmed down the team nicely. Going to be sailing with lonARRs for a bit! Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2014 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

So I have been remiss in status updates, but what time I have just now I used to add *intakes breath sharply* BUTTONS to the group page. Check it out! Also there are details on the FUMBBL dice contest and some code you can copy/paste for adding badges you won last season to your bio.

If anyone feels inspired to gussy up the group page yet further with some custom designs/buttons I will welcome it.

Currently at the top:

2 Nightbreed Pro Elf Protectors Elf
3 okostomi Jump up jump up and get down Slann

Also, I want to ask for feedback on any way we could help encourage more teams to be activated. Sprinting with ARR teams is hard! Sometimes you want to take a break and play... a different ARR team, but what about your sprint? What's next: some new badges? Trying to track something by coach to allow more teams but fewer games for each team? A "walkARR" style award for fewer games? Other ideas? I have some thoughts but I'm curious to see what else is out there first.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2014 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

How about a special badge for completing sprints with all 8 races?
An'Ultimate WARRior' badge for example.
Obviously this would take quite a few seasons...

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2014 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that's a great idea! This is posted on the group page under "FUMMBL Dice Contest", but this gives me an excuse to spam it here too. I think adding a badge for completing a sprint with each race is definitely on the wish list (note to self: put a wishlist on the group page), but for now let's get some folks to do it first:

ARR Group Page wrote:
Thar be a great contest underway! With the launch of Season II We’ARR kicking of an inconceivably unprecedented follow up: A six season long contest of super sprints with actual physical prize at the end of it! Read on dear pirate, or whomever is reading this out loud to our more illiterate brethren.

H’ARRs how it works. Any captain who completes a sprint of 16 games with EACH of the 8 ARR races will complete a super sprint and be given one golden ticket (there will be a badge for this), If you sprint twice with each race then you’d get two tickets, etc. Each ticket gives you a chance to win and at the end of six seasons, that’s

Narrator: “There is a brief pause here while a diligent counting of fingers and peg legs ensues”

26 fortnights, or in lubber terms “one year” from February 1st 2014 to February 1st 2015, we make the draw and see which captain will plunder the most glorious booty imaginable: An actual set of FUMMBL dice (including d6, d8 and poker chip) from the Kickstarter, shipped right to your own ship!* Plus 10,000 golden doubloons!**

The fine print: A sprint is defined as 16 consecutive games completed in one season, so playing 10 games in season II and 6 more games in season III isn’t going to count. Basically, you need to earn one legit SprintARR badge for each of the 8 races sometime over the course of the next year. Got it? Then gentlepirates: start your oldfangled wind engines!***

*Ship not included.
** Golden doubloons also not included.
*** Remember: This starts at 00:00:01 server time Feb 1st 2013 and goes to midnight Jan 31st 2014.

Now go win some FUMMBLE dice! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2014 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

ooops, sorry hadn't seen that.

How about a 'mAARathon' or 'mAARathonAAR' badge for completing multiple sprints in one season.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2014 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Something wrong with the leaderboard page?
I get this message

PWP - 403 Error
You are not authorized to view this page
This site is forbidden for you to see.

Unless you ban coaches for awful results from the page, which would be understandable Razz