41 coaches online • Server time: 16:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v stunty (...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Anzelak

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2014 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. It should be there.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2014 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick question, how do you do simple show/hide buttons? Like for example the ones on the ARR! group page?
Roland

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2014 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=590342#590342
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2014 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

D'oh, should have checked the help section. Thanks! Smile
DeZigma

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2014 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, what we usually see are great team bioses, but it seams that it is very unsual and/or very rare to use code for a player vita.

Recently i started to use some simple bbcode also for player profiles. Well usually with some unique player pic (bone with pixlr editor) and some team based standard skin!

A) Example 1:
It is a combination of the image combining/overlapping trick found by mister_joshua. That's the header image (reused from the team bio) with the team colors and the OBBA season medals. The rest is very simple text with some floatcontainer and url code. So with some small acts everyone could bring some highlights to your player.

Something like i did for my OBBA team. And here is the code.

B) Example 2:

Here player vita of my Badlands-Team. Just a simple 3 button toggle. As you can see, it is simple as it is. Try to reuse the images you use for team bios and you can copy it for every new player.

The code.

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2014 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

nice!

added

Post   Posted: May 29, 2014 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

AWESOME!

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, prolly a goofy question, but I have done everything I can think of to get images to show on a league group page. Photobucket, dropbox, etc and they just won't show. Can someone point me in the right direction?

A DM only rolls the dice because of the noise they make -- Gary Gygax
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Pictures needed to be hosted on a secure website to show op, links should start with https://
Dropbox used to work, but the best thing is ofc to just upload it to fumbbl.
TheSpydyr

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I had noticed that others used dropbox, so I tried that last night and put the actual https:// link inside of an [img] tag but the image still didn't show. Will it not work in certain browsers? I only tried it in Chrome, or am I using the [img] tag in-correctly? Any thoughts or ideas?

WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Just upload to your FUMBBL gallery. Then you can use really short img tags like this:
Code:
[img]/i/123456[/img]

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

bad thing is you are limited to size of file in that format. Not that that is a show-stopper, but it does limit to an extent. BTW, how do you find the numerical image id? And thanks for the help and direction.

WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

File sizes should not be an issue for uploading into your gallery, unless it is ridiculously large, and then it won't fit on your bio page anyway, so why upload it?

The numerical file number is easy to find through "view image" (url path) or "view image info".

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

nevermind, I figured it out by doing an inspect element on the image. I'm sure there's a better way, but that at least worked for me. Thanks again for the help.

TheSpydyr

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

alright, I finally completed the updating of our league page for the 3DB Highlander League. Below are the links to the page and the code. I still may make a few small changes here and there (like additions to the All-Time Section), but for the most part it is complete. Feel free to add these to the overall list, should you feel the desire to do that. (In the code, whenever you see a URL tag in all caps, that is how I commented sections...ie, URL=LEAGUE INFO SECTION ROW 1 LEFT COLUMN /URL)

League Page
Code

Jump to: