43 coaches online • Server time: 14:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2014 - 19:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Latest Update 28/03/2514
We're 2 and a half months in and entering round 6. A lot has happened since the last update. We've had 2 player drop-outs due to time constraints (though I'm assured not to do with the league itself) and one replacement player. The league table is starting to take shape as we pass the half-way point. The top 3 are starting to break away with a 10 point gap back to 4th place. The rest of the teams are all within 7 points of each other. After a short delay due to the drop-outs and finding replacements we're back on track and still within our original schedule.

Vendettas
New vendettas:
Musb Finnus will be looking to punch above his weight to settle his score with Gnarh Gorsskh.

Grudges
We have our first grudge of the league! Next time these teams meet it will be no-holes-barred as both teams bring their stomping boots.
New grudges:
Pavona Parole Program declared a grudge against Miragliano's Hope after suffering this beating. Next time they'll be holding nothing back...

Interesting Facts
Due to the league 'Bonus Points' scoring system Miragliano's Hope in second have a worse W/D/L record than the Irrepressible Quarriers in third.
The Tobaro City Guard are leading the way in casualties with a +9 casualty difference. Pavona Parole Program worst with -9 after suffering at the hands of the Hope

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 16:59
FUMBBL Staff

Latest Update 14/05/2514
Much has changed. Since my last update we've played the whole of the Grind Season 1 Tournament, of which the Satosa Shipwrecks were crowned champions. Some teams have been jettisoned by the league for failing to keep up with their monthly bungs to the league administration. We've had 11 new teams sign up for the Grind World Tour, and Jofré Borgia has been named Lord of the League in a very dodgy vote.

Old World Tour
Commencing next week will be the old world tour. This will see the league participants travel around the Old World seeking new teams to sign up. 11 new teams will be playing, likely over 3 destinations.

Rules Changes
There will be several, mostly minor, rules changes over the course of the off season as a result of Lord Borgia's ordered End of Season Review. These will be marked in red on the group page.
paradocks

Post   Posted: May 19, 2014 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like some fun here! If you can put me down on the list for next season I'll be there with bells on..
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 19, 2014 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

You can jump in right now. It's actually the best time, as you can try out the ruleset and feeling during the currently starting tour without committing to the league for a whole season - and if you decide to stay, your team already had a prep game or two. Smile

Post   Posted: May 19, 2014 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

do we have a deadline for the tour?
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 19, 2014 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I his PM mister__joshua stated he'd just end it at some point - probably once every team got at least one game in.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2014 - 10:06
FUMBBL Staff

That is correct. Once everyone has played a game I'll see how it's going, ask if people want it to continue or end, then wrap it up and start setting up the Season 2 divisions.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 20, 2014 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, first game was definitely great fun! Reminded me a lot of the good times I had with BB7s. Also, the skills restrictions level the field a fair bit. Under "normal" circumstances I would have faced Guard, more Mighty Blow... Of course these were dwarves and I had great blocking dice, so it could have gone worse. But in the end, I lost 0-3 and it still feels like victory. Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 29, 2014 - 13:24
FUMBBL Staff

Latest Update 29/05/2514

Old World Tour
The Grindball Tour has been an overwhelming financial success for the Tilean Grind Committee. There have been an incredible 16 games played since it kicked-off 2 weeks ago, and a large number of teams from around the region committing to play in the League season.

Vendettas
A supposed 'friendly' between the Sartosa Shipwrecks and Prince Eärfalas's Advance saw players on both sides suffer serious injury. Ignacio 'The Red' is not likely to forgive Z’Beryl Ara in a hurry, and Biafyndar Ihimbraskar has sword revenge on the vicious Constante Finetti of the Shipwrecks. Their next meeting promises to be a spicy affair.

Grudges
Playing under the streets of their home city, a several brutal attacks on the Miragliano Red Pox during their game against the Tobaro City Guard left a sour feeling in the mouth. Billed as a practice game between the 2 experienced sides, the Guard took the opportunity to make sure that the Red Pox would be no competition next season, killing one of them and forcing 2 others into retirement. It may be a while before they're fit to meet again, but the Pox have sword revenge and informed the TGC that extra mops and buckets will be needed for their next encounter.

Top Players
One real stand-out player in danger of being snapped up my the big leagues is Pietro 'Pipes' Petrelli, stronger than any man that fast and agile ought to be. His loyalty to Captain Neri may be tested if a wily agent comes wafting coin in his face. The league are understood to be rushing through new legislation on 'image rights', complete with legal loopholes preventing players from leaving the league with their face in tact.

After hours of training, running through de-spoked cartwheels and ladders, Orso Smaldone completed his agility training in record time and is now said to be the most agile player over 400lbs in the league.

If anyone would like to get involved, now is the time! The tour won't be running much longer. PM me if you're interested in finding out what it's all about
DeZigma

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2014 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Mates,

what are you putting in the playas vita?

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2014 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure... Maybe some background story, if I get to it. Almost certainly any major accomplishments/failures.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2014 - 22:02
FUMBBL Staff

I planned to give all mine bios but only done one so far. Vendettas and accomplishments will definitely go in there too though for my boys

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Roland

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2014 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

bio, permament injuries inflicted and kills in mine
DeZigma

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2014 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi mates,

Mora Pro Asur is slowly finalizing the bio ...

enclosed the lastest Status
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2014 - 14:42
FUMBBL Staff

Latest Update 14/07/2514
Grind Season 2 News
Season 2 kicked off a fortnight ago and the first round is over. The League have noticed an increased brutality this time around, with old enmities between the new races bubbling to the surface. The TGC have had to employ extra match day security to cope with some of the upcoming fixtures. This has cut into this season's profits, and so unfortunately for the second year in a row the league winner will receive no financial remuneration. The TGC are considering several 'financial easing' formats for future season.

Both Prince Eärfalas's Advance and the Mountain Bottom Dwellers failed to make their opening games of the season leaving many to speculate as to foul goings-on behind the scenes. The TGC have dismissed claims that the teams didn't pay their registration fees, and say the teams' whereabouts are currently unknown pending a review.

Grudges
Season 2 started with a bang and it seems that the Pox v Guard game during the Tour had opened the flood gates for teams looking to publicly air their grievances and justify increased violence on the field.
It started this time with a late pre-season game between the Hope of Miragliano and the Blighted Marshes Brawlers. The Hope don't like to be on the losing side, and already hate the rat people so with casualties on both sides it didn't take much before Hicks of the Hope was calling out for vengeance. "Retirement? No way! I'll fight on and I'm calling out the Brawlers right now, all of them!" With 2 divisions separating the teams it may be a while before Miragliano see the promised grudge match.
With the season only a week old, the Brawlers management were learning fast. Seeing the furor and increased crowd support resulting from the Hope's grudge, they were quick to call out their own against their very first opponent! Rats and Dwarves hate each other, so it was no surprise when the Blighted Marshes crew and the Ironfist's management both contacted the league to warn of their ominent meeting.

Vendettas
Many players injured in the opening rounds of the season have retired, choosing not to fight on with injuries suffered so early in their careers. A small few have battled on however, and vowed to settle their scores.
After suffering his second injury, Hicks insinuated he'd be gunning for Girch Red Eyes. That will go unsettled however after Girch himself was fouled into retirement by Vragni Ogrebane. The whole of the Blighted Marshes will be targeting Vragni when they next meet.
 Jump to: