60 coaches online • Server time: 17:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Uelrindru

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been playing a bunch of games on the PC game to get the basic ideas down and starting to test the waters here and I began noticing something weird. I play chaos on the pc mostly so my characters are basically the same yet I find some of them just start getting lucky doing things. Like one of them has never failed a pass ever despite having no skills for it or if one of my beast men has the ball he ends up dodging out of everything and consistently getting gfi rolls to make crazy plays like it's all he knows. Anyone else have a clutch player like this or am I just insane?
The_Provocateur

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Both? Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

What Nuffle gives he will also take away.

If you are new then welcome.

Come and check us out.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

clutch all mens!

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I do.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 03:30
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Does having un-clutch players count? I got those!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

As you have just played 1 match here you will come to find the random number generator works pretty well, even if it seems you are very unlucky (as I have felt many times) or even lucky at times.
On the Cyanide PC game your super Beasts are probably due to some junk random number generator! Play the passing game on fumbbl and you are likely to get whupped! Unless perhaps with Pro Elves.
Relezite

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Statistically it is more likely that you will have some players that perform better or worse in 'clutch' scenarios. In the long run, the fail/succeed stats for any long life player will even out, but when it happens with the game on the line, though the odds of clutch plays being evening distributed amoungst players of equal skill is the 'most' likely, the odds of it being anything BUT average is actually much higher, if that makes sense.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 06:16 Reply with quote Back to top

But if you do have a guy who sames to pull off crazy stuff regularly make sure you fluff up his player background! Always good to read some epic character description. And match reports. Too few people write these.
Relezite

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

No dude, no, any form of creative input is "pixel hugging."
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it impossible the Cyanide client cheats in single player?
I guess.

Is it likely?
Not really, the BB community can get insanly mad over stuff like this.

What else could be the explanation apart from having a weird streak?
Perception obviously: Lets say you are doing a 4+ roll. You have a re-roll disposable for it. That means the 4+ roll will succeed 3 out of 4 times. And since you don't know which roll you are going to fail, it might be very well your first or second.
However, if you fail one of these on fumbbl, your game is often lost.

If you fail an unlikely roll against an AI that doesn't know how to take advantage of it, you might end up being still in the game. Then you can continue to do a bunch of other 4+ rolls until you fail again.

So, dunno mate, maybe you are just lucky.. maybe pay attention to it Wink
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
As you have just played 1 match here you will come to find the random number generator works pretty well, even if it seems you are very unlucky (as I have felt many times) or even lucky at times.
On the Cyanide PC game your super Beasts are probably due to some junk random number generator! Play the passing game on fumbbl and you are likely to get whupped! Unless perhaps with Pro Elves.

The RNG is fine. The single player AI is terrible so you can get away with a lot of loose play.

As you say. Loose play will be punished here.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

There are obviously players (and teams) that are blessed, or cursed, by Nuffle. It is known. Just like you will always fail the last roll for that unlikely T8 Touchdown. Powerful is Nuffle and mysterious are his workings!
 Jump to: