33 coaches online • Server time: 09:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which past Badlands Champion do you most want to crush beneath your boot?
Season 1 - Shagga and the Stone Crows
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Season 2 - Maimfist Maniorx
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
What's with the Milking Stool?
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
I prefer a big slice of Badland Pie!
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

Cavetroll

Post   Posted: May 29, 2014 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

And... we had a coach in the Mourkain conference drop out (RL issues).
We still have 12 teams confirmed, with several more considering.
But this means we have an imbalance again between the conferences - 7 Orclands vs. 5 Mourkain.

So we need more Fer'ners again - Underworld, Ogres, Humans, Dwarves, Khemri, Undead, and Vampires.
For those coaches who played in the WC before, the rumor is that it will be starting up again in the fall.
Come join us for a season in the Badlands to knock the rust off, and possibly find a permanent home if your nation doesn't return right away.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

We're now up to 13 teams with a new Undead coach wandering into the Badlands. Need one more Fer'ner to fill out the Mourkain conference:

Underworld, Ogres, Humans, Dwarves, Khemri, Undead, or Vampires.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Still need one more team for our Mourkain (Fer'ner) conference:

Underworld, Ogres, Humans, Dwarves, Khemri, Undead, or Vampires.

Once we have 14 teams, we can begin playing Friendleez to prep for the season.

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2014 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The previous request for teams netted us two recruits, so I'm looking for one more team to bring us up to an even 16 teams. This is the last call, once I get a 16th team I'm closing recruiting for season 4 and we will start the pre-season Friendleez!

Orcs, Goblins, Underworld, Ogres, Humans, Dwarves, Khemri, Undead, and Vampires are all invited. Orcs and Goblins play in Orcland conference. Humans, Dwarves, Khemri, Undead and Vampires play in Mourkain conference. Underworld and Ogre are swing teams and play in whichever conference needs teams to keep things even.

You can apply here and also see our playoff structure and awards

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2014 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll consider it, playing Khemri, as I have yet to play that team.
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2014 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Boots or Brews, you choose!

PSA from The Druck

'An esteemed guest of the Badlands requested more freedom in spending the 100k inducements currently set aside for Bribes.
After some diliberation and consultation with the other Waaaghlords, it has been decided that Fungus Brew is good too.
Starting in Season Four, teams may spend their 100k on either Bribes or Babes. Goblins have the option of buying one of each.
Thank you for your attention, now go crack some 'eads!'

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Let us observe a moment of silent to honor the passing of Shagga. He was one of the founding members of the Badlands (some might say THE founding member), and an icon of greenskinned-ness.

Hail mighty Shagga!

(apologies for the late posting, at least I notified the current Badlands coaches via PM)

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Mid-season Update

So we're more than half-way through Season 4, and the playoff picture is shaping up solidly in one conference while still murky as swamp water in the other conference.

Orclands Conference - Shady Horsetraders and Maimfist Maniorx are tied at 7 points each, with Lonely Goblin and Kagrothian Kanabulz close behind with 5 points each. After this round's games, all these teams will have played 4 games each and things might clear up a bit. Will Orcs reclaim dominance of their lands, or will a non-orc team make the playoffs for a second season? Shagga forbid, will two non-orc teams make the playoffs?

Mourkain Conference - Some pundits are nicknaming this the 'More Games' Conference, as in they need to play more games! Chaos storms, plagues, sharknados and alien abductions have all contributed to an alarming number of forfeits for the fer'ners conference this season. Still, the playoff picture is much sharper here with the veteran Spiked Impalers sitting atop the conference with 12 points and newcomer Bringz Out Yer Dead at an impressive 10 points. It is unlikely though not impossible that another team will rise to supplant these two juggernauts. But there is still pride to play for, and jockeying for a good spot in the Goblin Nations Swiss Consolation Tournament.

And remember, if ya can't make da playoffs youz can always punish dem teams dat are going Wink Give 'em da boot and show 'em how much youz care, dat's da greenskin way!

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

This game is probably a first in Badlands history (to my knowledge anyway): two TTM 1 turn TDs successfully achieved in the same game!

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3592266

The race for the Ralph Hinkley Memorial Trophy has finally begun (unless someone has one they haven't reported yet) and the candidates so far are ChronicY2K1 aka Jordan and last season's winner Izigor Splat. Come'on gobbos and snotlings, show us what you got!

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Season Four Final Resultz

1. Maimfist Maniorx (I have been slurred with comparisons to Sepp Blatter)
2. Bringz Out Yer Dead
3. Shady Horsetraders (also dirty slanderers)
4. Spiked Impalers

Season 4 Goblin Nations Swiss Consolation Winner - Nagashizzar Deads

Now preparing for the start of the World Championship Series Season 3

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

If it aint bribes, it some other sort of collusion, as we killed em harder and faster, with less.

-- Oh right. Score. Yes, we'll get on that. You fascist halfling goat-mount.
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2014 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I wantz in ter dis leeg!
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2014 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

You've been accepted into the B Division for WCS season 3. You'll also be able to join us after the WCS is over.

Jump to: