25 coaches online • Server time: 09:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How much have you donated to the new servARR? (see first post)
$5 (USD) or more.
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
$10 or more.
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
$20 or more.
19%
 19%  [ 6 ]
$50 or more.
22%
 22%  [ 7 ]
$100 or more.
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
0 fracking dollars. And I want some pie. Also, I'm a bastard and I hate babies and/or puppies.
29%
 29%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 31

happygrue

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2014 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Season V is in the books! I'm playing around with better formats to display the winARRs, and this will hopefully be improved upon but I think it looks nicer to view stuff through a Google doc than view the bbcode tables I had been using. Unfortunately, I am not smart enough (read: to lazy) to put the badges nicely next to the names, so just bear with it. Here are the badges in order, and click here to view the champions in all their glARRy.

Top 3 spots get the appropriate one of these, and congrats to kingvan's New Vamps on the Blood (Vampire) for winning it all this season!
Image Image Image

The other top ten finishers get this one:

Notably, in fourth place overall is the impressive stunty champion, cdassak's MastARR Chefs (Halfling). As the top stunty scorer, cdassak has chosen "pARRanormal activity" as the new tagline of ARR Season VII: For the box is dARRk... (forum thread coming soon to a forum near you!)

The rest of the sprintARRs get this one:

And then the top three spots in each race ALSO get to gloat with the appropriately styled:
Image Image Image

Once again, the list of badge winnARRs is here.

Perhaps with time I will be able to make this more perty. I can only get bettARR, right? Wink

Also, be sure to check out cdassak's excellent end of season recap and then to come discuss it in the newly minted IRC channel for ARRselves and our human league cousins: #metabox.

OP follows. *******************************

Peril looms large as ARR servers crumble. But wait - there is a cure! Gold, in fleecy form! Seek ye the Golden Fleece and your reward will also be golden - in the form of Gold Supporter status! For those of you who don't know what the Golden Fleece looks like, it resembles that pile of real life money you keep under your bed, or possibly in a sock somewhere.

Quest for the golden supporter badge by locating yon button above:

and then brag about your success in the poll. Also, check out ARR!

Season V: ARRgonauts will run from one second past Midnight (server time) on August 1st to Midnight September 30th.

Last edited by happygrue on Oct 02, 2014 - 06:01; edited 3 times in total
cdassak

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2014 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

While waiting for Season 4 awards, here's a short recap of the first 4 seasons:

Total sprints: 77
Per season (18-23-20-16)
Per race (Goblins - Haflings - Ogres 7, Vampires - Pro Elves 10, High Elves - Slann - Underworld 12)

Racial Records:

GOBLINS
Team: Nuffle Rewards the Cunning, Coach: cdassak, Season 3, 37 points, 10th overall

HALFLINGS
General Tao Knights FC, Jumboparagon, Season 1, 39 points, 13th overall

OGRES
This is SpARRta, cdassak, Season 4, 38 points, 11th overall

VAMPIRES
We suckalot, kingvan, Season 2, 55 points, 1st overall

PRO ELVES
To the Ends of the Earth, Azure, Season 1, 54 points, 2nd overall

HIGH ELVES
Father The Fall, Overhamsteren, Season 1, 53 points, 3rd overall

SLANN
Battlefrogs, happygrue, Season 2, 55 points, 2nd overall

UNDERWORLD
Tisiphone, Azure, Season 1, 57 points, 1st overall
cdassak

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2014 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

...and as the ARRgonauts set sail for new adventures here is an idea:

How about having a weekly/biweekly ARR 'event' where we all activate a certain race at a specific day/time activation.
It should be a Box 'rush' hour (21.00-23.00) and day (Fri/Sat/Sun).
The event will be announced by a blog and should have an appropriate title (some kind of badge would be nice too)

Some thoughts:
GOBLINS: Box Chainsaw Massacre
FLINGS : ? - I guess something about food Wink
OGRES : Agility Masters or The real Agility Monsters return (sorry Rabe Razz)
VAMPS : Fri/Sat/Sun Bloody Fri/Sat/Sun
PRO: Leave it to the Pros
HIGH : Get High Tonight!
SLANN: To Leap is to Die
UNDERWORLD : Under the Underwear

So what do you guys think? Would you support this nonsense?
Help and thoughts on the day/time and 'event' titles more than welcome.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2014 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

cdassak wrote:
OGRES : Agility Masters or The real Agility Monsters return (sorry Rabe Razz)

I'd be soooo tempted to create a Box version of the Monsters, just to be able to play at this occasion... Razz

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2014 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, sneaky me thought what better publicity for the ARR than to name an event after the Monsters Wink
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2014 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Donated and got to play my first game with Underworld. Perhaps I should join ARR....

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2014 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps?
You mean certainly right? Razz

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2014 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

You played a game with Underworld, you're in anyway. You will be noticed. Mwahahaha!

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2014 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings commARRades,

ARR Season 4 recap

A new ARR champion emerged in Season 4, cameronhawkins Lost Children Of The Deep win it all with a splendid 55 point sprint (12/3/1), the second title for Underworld after Azure's record breaking Season 1 sprint (57 points - 13/2/1)!

There was no drama like the previous two Seasons (where kingvan's Vampires had back to back tiebreaker wins), halfway seven teams looked as legit contenders but then the Children took a wide lead with a great run and never looked back.

Did you know?

1st place Lost Children Of The Deep had finished 3rd in the previous Season 3

2nd place HighARR Elves is coach cdassak's second time as runner up, reached the spring but didn't drink water as the Greek saying goes Wink

3rd place pointy eARRS (Elf) is the first ARR team to lose second place to a tiebreaker.

4th place UndARR Your Bed (Underworld) is coach duruk's first appearance in the ARR top 10.

5th place Guillelo's BBox Eldars (Elf) had also finished 5th in the previous Season 3.

6th place tmoila's 2 dodges 1 blitz (High Elf) has 142 Box games!

7th place pizzamogul's Madness to the Method (Elf) had their second consecutive top 10 sprint (8th place in Season 3)

8th place Ludovicious's Galaxy Hitchhikers (Slann) had 5 games against both dwarves and necromantic in their sprint, going 3/2/0 against the dorfs and 3/0/2 against the Necros!

9th place Espionage's Only By Moonlight (Vampire) played 5 (!!) games against the same Nurgle team during their sprint, posting a 1/1/3 record against them.

10th place Quidam’s Chirurgiens Charcutiers (Slann) made the top10 with a win in their final sprint game.

11th place cdassak’s This Is SpARRta! (Ogres) is the second Ogre team that wins the ARR ‘stunty’ race but the records for both best stunty sprint (39 points) and best overall place (10th) is held by Flings and Goblins respectively.

See you all in Season V!
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2014 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah I forgot, but with the amount of games I'm playing I doubt I'll get anywhere (combined with mediocre skill hehe).

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings comARRades!

Season V started with a BBB title for the ARR, my own WARRstoned won Black Box Brawl CXXXXII, only the second Underworld team to achieve that behind mister__joshua’s WarpStoners who also won the Black Box Birthday Bash II.b !!!

So, following the miraculous first BBB wins for Ogres, Goblins AND Flings we have yet another BrawlARR Champ!

Let’s have a look at all brawlARR champions since the creation of ARR :

1. Team: No Blood No Fun (Vampire) coach: DaCoach Black Box Brawl CV
2. Leapers Colony (Slann), keggiemckill, Black Box Brawl CXI
3. WarpStoners▽(Underworld), mister__joshua, Black Box Brawl CXVI
4. Nuevo ricos (High Elf), okostomi, Black Box Brawl CXXIII
5. Malevolent Intention (Goblins), Frankenstein, Black Box Brawl CXXX
6. ARRgres (Ogres), Kryten, Black Box Brawl CXXXI
7. Italian Food Tour (Halflings), somertown, Black Box Brawl CXXXVI
8. WARRstoned (Underworld), cdassak, Box Brawl CXXXXII

...and don't forget: the last BBB of each month is ARRs so expect a call to ARRms when that time comes Wink
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2014 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I've been wondering whether I should even bring this up. ARR! has been such a success that it has been boosting Underworld and High Elves to overtake Amazons for total matches played post Scheduler change.

http://www.cmanu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb/stats/stats.html

So technically Underworld, everyone's favourite underdog, are no longer an Abandoned Race while Amazons, everyone's least liked, silly, easy to filthily minmax roster is in.

But that's not how it works, is it? The founding members of ARR remain the abandoned races, even if they temporarily overtake some other races. Am I right? Please say I'm right. Who wants stupid Zons anyway?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2014 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
So, I've been wondering whether I should even bring this up. ARR! has been such a success that it has been boosting Underworld and High Elves to overtake Amazons for total matches played post Scheduler change.

So technically Underworld, everyone's favourite underdog, are no longer an Abandoned Race while Amazons, everyone's least liked, silly, easy to filthily minmax roster is in.

But that's not how it works, is it? The founding members of ARR remain the abandoned races, even if they temporarily overtake some other races. Am I right? Please say I'm right. Who wants stupid Zons anyway?

*Discretely leaves room before anyone notices his 'Italo Disco Divas' T Shirt*
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2014 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Verminardo wrote:

*Discretely leaves room before anyone notices his 'Italo Disco Divas' T Shirt*

That team needs photos. If you are going to do it, do it right.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2014 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this has already happened (Amazons moving to least 8 played races) from Season 3 and there was some sort of discussion in one of happygrue's blogs.
Decided to keep it men only at that time Wink