31 coaches online • Server time: 12:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 21:05
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

i would be willing to, but have no idea how to. (i have a 'prt sc' button on my laptop i have always avoided as i have no idea what it does, could it be that?) And then even if i took a screen shot, what exactly would i do with it?

Bear in mind i use a crib sheet to turn the thing off and on. I realise 94% of FUMBBLers are computer software engineers, but i am an actor. Not a lot of call for PC skills in my trade. Similarly 'linux' and 'enforcing custom fonts' doesn't sound like the sort of thing i would, or could, do. So I think that's a no.

I did cut and paste what the 'Did you know' shows me and its shows me this:

The first tournament the Sammiches won was the Stunty Qualifier of the Grotty Little Tournament IX. In four games, they cleared the pitch from all the Stunties... four times, leaving only one Big Guy on the pitch in two occasions, and clearing it entirely once, with a tree missing! They also managed to lose only two diving tacklers during the whole competition, and walked out of the final without a single injury. That's

Which I have a feeling isnt all of it, as I have noticed you do tend to end your sentences with a full stop.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed, the last line is missing.

PurpleChest wrote:
And then even if i took a screen shot, what exactly would i do with it?

I would see what the problem is with my own eyes. Razz

The bio looks ok on my vanilla versions of Chrome and Opera (actually even better than with Firefox, at least for the "did you know" panel), so I guess that's due to some sort of personal config. Most likely, there's something wrong with either the font type/size used (or the rendering) or with the automatic spacing between a picture and the neighbouring text. That's something I could probably see with a screen shot. But don't worry if you don't know how to do that, that's not the end of the world, and I guess i'll leave it as it is unless someone else tells me he also has issues with the bio.

Thanks for the help.

PS: Pfft: I'm a mountain guide, and I also know how to use a computer. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 21:36
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
PurpleChest wrote:
And then even if i took a screen shot, what exactly would i do with it?

I would see what the problem is with my own eyes. Razz

you coming round my house then? I got beer, and sausages.

Or I guess i could print it out and post it to you.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think you are this PC illiterate, PC.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The page is fantastic Kam. I love the scoresheets part with the 3d chessboard.
But the home page looks bad on IE 9. Upper parts below the signs are blank except for the bamboo and below that the Did you know overlaps some part starting with Fear in the title.
Kam

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for letting me know. Indeed, the whole bio is messed up with IE. I don't wanna start with the usual IE bashing, but I've just found out how to fix it and... I can't believe IE is THAT dumb (if anyone has to same issue, I had to specify the width of every row that was not aligned, despite the fact the whole page already was in a block of the same size). Wink

@ PurpleChest: that's very tempting. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
Thanks for letting me know. Indeed, the whole bio is messed up with IE. I don't wanna start with the usual IE bashing, but I've just found out how to fix it and... I can't believe IE is THAT dumb (if anyone has to same issue, I had to specify the width of every row that was not aligned, despite the fact the whole page already was in a block of the same size). Wink

@ PurpleChest: that's very tempting. Very Happy

Yeah, IE is a pain... I got the same problem with the VTS bio, a few void lines getting in the way. And the solution is exactly the one you figured out, specify width and/or height of every block...

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hum... I have fixed the alignment for IE, but there are still ugly scroll bars. Not sure what to do about that (and I have to admit IE isn't my top priority Very Happy).

EDIT - OK, everything should be displayed as it's supposed to on IE now. That browser is a real PITA...

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2014 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

For those using Notepad++, I've just made an custom language highlighter for FUMBBL bbcode. It's VERY basic but at least it lets you expand the blocks and highlights the most important tags.

To use it, create a new XML file, and paste the following code. Then open Notepad++, in the language menu, select something called "Define your language" or "User defined language" (not sure, I don't use the English version of the prog), then click on "Import", select the xml file, and restart Notepad++. You can now select the script in the language tab when you edit a bio.

Code:
<NotepadPlus>
    <UserLang name="bbcode FUMBBL" ext="" udlVersion="2.1">
        <Settings>
            <Global caseIgnored="yes" allowFoldOfComments="yes" foldCompact="no" forcePureLC="0" decimalSeparator="0" />
            <Prefix Keywords1="no" Keywords2="no" Keywords3="no" Keywords4="no" Keywords5="no" Keywords6="no" Keywords7="no" Keywords8="no" />
        </Settings>
        <KeywordLists>
            <Keywords name="Comments">00 01 02 03 04</Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Numbers, prefix1"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Numbers, prefix2"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Numbers, extras1"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Numbers, extras2"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Numbers, suffix1"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Numbers, suffix2"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Numbers, range"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Operators1">/size size= [b] [/b] [i] [/i] [u] [/u] [s] [/s] /color color= font= /font group= id= height= width= block= px title= src= [toggle =image =floatleft =floatright bg= =hidden =floatcontainer =center [tr [th [td [/td] [/tr] [/th] =automargin blackborder border1 [ulist] [/ulist] [list] [/list] [list= [li] label= =right w= h=</Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Operators2"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Folders in code1, open">[block [table</Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Folders in code1, middle"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Folders in code1, close">/block /table</Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Folders in code2, open"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Folders in code2, middle"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Folders in code2, close"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Folders in comment, open"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Folders in comment, middle"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Folders in comment, close"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Keywords1"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Keywords2"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Keywords3"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Keywords4"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Keywords5"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Keywords6"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Keywords7"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Keywords8"></Keywords>
            <Keywords name="Delimiters">00 01 02 03[img 04 05/img] 06[url 07 08[/url] 09 10 11 12[ulist] 13[li] 14[/ulist] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23</Keywords>
        </KeywordLists>
        <Styles>
            <WordsStyle name="DEFAULT" fgColor="000000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="COMMENTS" fgColor="004000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="1" nesting="255" />
            <WordsStyle name="LINE COMMENTS" fgColor="004000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="1" nesting="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="NUMBERS" fgColor="400000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="1" nesting="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="KEYWORDS1" fgColor="004000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="KEYWORDS2" fgColor="000000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="KEYWORDS3" fgColor="000000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="KEYWORDS4" fgColor="000000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="KEYWORDS5" fgColor="000000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="KEYWORDS6" fgColor="000000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="KEYWORDS7" fgColor="000000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="KEYWORDS8" fgColor="000000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="OPERATORS" fgColor="000080" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="1" nesting="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="FOLDER IN CODE1" fgColor="800000" bgColor="FFFFCE" fontName="" fontStyle="1" nesting="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="FOLDER IN CODE2" fgColor="000000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="FOLDER IN COMMENT" fgColor="800000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="1" nesting="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="DELIMITERS1" fgColor="000080" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="50332423" />
            <WordsStyle name="DELIMITERS2" fgColor="640064" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="1" nesting="50593791" />
            <WordsStyle name="DELIMITERS3" fgColor="EA0000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="1" nesting="50593791" />
            <WordsStyle name="DELIMITERS4" fgColor="FF8080" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="1" nesting="50593791" />
            <WordsStyle name="DELIMITERS5" fgColor="000000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="DELIMITERS6" fgColor="000000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="DELIMITERS7" fgColor="000000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="0" />
            <WordsStyle name="DELIMITERS8" fgColor="000000" bgColor="FFFFFF" fontName="" fontStyle="0" nesting="0" />
        </Styles>
    </UserLang>
</NotepadPlus>

Last edited by Kam on Jul 22, 2014 - 03:36; edited 2 times in total
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2014 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Great one, Kam.
Notepad++ is my favorite editor too, thanks for sharing.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2014 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,
I have read through all the bbcode related forums, and links, and have some basic questions which i havent found any answer for. I would appreciate any help
Q1: Seems like all links are set as blank coloured font. how can i change it to other colour?
Q2: There is a text tab, which is positioned to the left. How can i set that it is not on the leftmost position, but a few pixels moved to the right side?

Any help is appreciated.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2014 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure I understand it right...

For the links, you mean plain text links? the color tag doesn't work?

For the alignment, there are several options. The easiest would probably be:

Code:
[block width=50px][/block]Your text tab

Change the number of pixel according to your needs. It may not work in some cases - let me know if that happens, there are many ways to do it.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2014 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Yes, it is the plan text links. It is black, whatever I set there as fontcolour.
2. Tried your advice without success.

This is the team bio I am working on: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=665175&displaymessage=Bio%20Changed.

This is the code I have currently:
[block=floatleft width=796px bg=#061401][font=Swis721 BlkCn Bt] [block width=50px][/block]FEYWILD RUNNERS is my team for MAJOR Tournaments. These guys may die, but they wont give it cheap, and try hard most of the time.
[block=floatright][img]/i/432027[/img][/block]
Team logo powered by Kalminael as part of his awesome FUMBBL fund raising initiative. Loud and long cheers for painting this awesome picture!

Grotty Little Tournament IX: Fastest To Apply Qualifier 4 - Winner
Grotty Little Tournament IX: Top 8 (Lost to Winner)
[/font]

[/block]
[/block]

Did I inserted [block width=50px][/block] in a wrong way?

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2014 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

S, you can put a lor tag in links.
I'm writing from my phone, so not easy to put a link, but you can check the public code, in my notes, for the Vault Tec Squad bio. Green links in there.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2014 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Lord, thanks! Smile
The link font colour part is solved with that.