54 coaches online • Server time: 18:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who will win "A Box Full of Money"?
ARR! Duh, we are all about treasure here.
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
ARR will get more sprints, but the Humans have deep pockets and will raise more money.
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
No way! We'll have more Human League sprints but ARR will raise more money!
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
HLP! Strength and Honor!
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
I just want to play on my pan pies.
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 26

cdassak

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2015 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Not even close, a monumental season this one

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2015 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

jamesfarrell129 wrote:

My goblins need two more games to finish off... though if I can get 5 more in I could manage to claim a perfect sprint (0-0-16). Has this ever been done before?? Razz

Actually yes, some ogres from season 5. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2015 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooh, sorry I meant the sprint count Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... its done. Nuffle saw fit to end my 12 game losing streak by giving me insane dice against skaven, giving me a 1-0 win and a pitch clearance. So 2-1-13 for the sprint. Good times! I thought I'd see if I could improve on the score, given I started with a loss... but that didn't work.

I think I'll park my gobbo box team for a bit, and do something less painful. Like match-sticks in my eyeballs or something Confused

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass over those matchsticks, I still have some room for more.
happygrue

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Pass over those matchsticks, I still have some room for more.

LOL! We sure love what we do here, eh?

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2015 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Season VII: WintARR is Coming is complete!

I have yet to transfer older seasons, but season VII, and the older seasons VI and V are available now here thanks to Google Docs. The first group includes the top ten places and all the sprintARRs after. Then it's top 3 by race in groups after that.

We had a record breaking season with 41 sprintARRs! Fundraising details to be announced tomorrow after we get tallies of the various records that were broken last season (several!) but for now, on with the awards!

The grand champion this season is Stonetroll with his Generic [B] elves (High Elf) and setting a new ARR high score in the process! He also clocked in the high Slann score and 5th place finish with one of this four completed sprints this season.

Fresh of a grand championship last season okostomi takes home the top stunty score with his BARRbars (Ogre), and shattered the previous Ogre high score by 7 points!

With too many teams to list here, please visit the master list to see this and previous season's badge winnARRs.

On to the good stuff! The top 3 spots get the appropriate one of these:
Image Image Image

The other top ten finishers get this one:

The rest of the sprintARRs get this one:

And then the top three spots in each race ALSO get to gloat with the appropriately styled:
Image Image Image

And if you won a Black Box Brawl this season (or in the past but just forgot) then you can add this one to your bio:

Or heck, add the badges as many times as you win. Clog those bios!

Once again, the list of badge winnARRs is here.

For full standings, check out the leaderboard.

Thanks to everyone who took part in this memorable season! Again, tally underway and final fundraising numbers (and I'll PM you what you owe) to be released ASAP.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2015 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 7: WintARR is coming! recap

This was a monumental season, without a doubt the best so far.
41 total sprints! (Gobbos 8, Flings 4, Ogres 5, Vampires 3, Elves 4, High Elves 3, Slann 3, Underworld 11!!!!)
7 50+ point sprints!
New ARR sprint record!
HElf and Ogre record!
Biggest turn out for ARR Brawls - 8 Brawls in total with 40(!) ARR teams (leading to 4 new BrawlARR champs)

There was no drama for first place since Stonetroll's Generic elves took the lead from early on, finishing with a new ARR record (59 points), too high for the other teams to reach. However, the battle was fierce for the other top 10 spots and the racial races, resulting in several great sprints.

The stunty race was once again breathtaking, top spot changed hands several times. At one point there were 5 teams tied at 37 points for first place. In the end, okostomi's BARRbars (Ogre) had a sprint for the ages, 45 points smashing the Ogre record and coming one win short of a new stunty record too.

Did you know?

WinARR Stonetroll's Generic [B] elves (59 points) also won Black Box Brawl CLXXIII, becoming the first ARR champs that also win a Brawl during their championship season

RunARR Up BudSpencer's Smudgy Dodgies (54 points) is the second Underworld team that takes 2nd place with a 54 point sprint

ThARRd kingvan's New Vamps on the Blood (Vamps - 53 points) won their 4th Vampire racial title, the undisputed BlackBox Vampire Lords

4th place happygrue's Hotline Miami (Elf - 53 points) is the first team to lose third place to the tiebreaker and also broke the Elf record for fewest losses - 1.

5th place Stonetroll's Masters of Irony (Slann - 51 points) is the second best Slann sprint ever (well ok, since the creation of ARR)

6th place, my own WARRpstoned (Underworld - 50 points) had their second sprint, finishing both 50+ points

7th place, my own UndARR the RadAAR (Underworld - 50 points) marks the first time the top 3 Underworld teams finish with a 50+ point sprint

8th place pizzamogul's Madness to the Method (Elf - 49 points) make their 3rd top 10 appearance, the only Elf team to sprint in 3 seasons.

9th place my own Leap and Let Die (Slann - 49 points) went 5/0/0 against Chaos teams in their sprint

10th place Nestoroide's Pink Troll and the pinkies (Underworld - 47 points) retired after 99 Box games Sad

14th place okostomi's BARRbars (Ogre - 45 points) tied the record for fewest losses in a stunty sprint (3)

21st place Apojar's Chigabbo Bears (Goblin - 41 points) broke the record for most wins in a Goblin sprint - 8!

27th place Strider84's Haribo macht Hobbits froh (Halfling - 37 points) won their second straight Halfling race

That's all comARRades, see you all in Season VIII: Die hARRd!
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2015 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Great write up!

okostomi, the stunty winner, has chosen the new season tagline: Hit da dwARRfs!

Want to choose it next season? Have the top Ogre, Fling or Gobbo sprint!

More to come later today...

Jump to: