39 coaches online • Server time: 09:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Skill choice
Fend - solid right?
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Pass Block - elf annoyer
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Pro - he's a legend right?
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Kick-Off Return - never taken this skill...how's it work?
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Tackle - you'll never get a stunty match again
41%
 41%  [ 14 ]
Sure Feet - take more risks!
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Cream Pie to the face cause elves
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Other - leave a comment
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 34

Rbthma

Post 6 Posted: Feb 28, 2015 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

My 1st legend : Caelthanan Hagrider from the Blackspine Reapers skilled up (normal skill) in a bloody match

I'm leaning towards fend for survivability & ball marking if he doesn't manage to pick it up, or fumbles the throw but I wanted to get some other coaches opinions. Very Happy
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2015 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick Off return is a terrible skill since it only works 1 or 2 times a match. It should only cost you 5000 towards TV. lol

Tackle is a solid choice for sacking a player in a cage.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2015 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I would go tackle myself.

Why would a DE Blizer want KoR? Pro could be amusing but is not that good for this guy. The rest of them don't seem to be that good as choices. Fend might be of use but AV7 does what AV7 does anyways.

I'd agree with NerdBird. Tackle is the go in my opinion. Could be a great sacker.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2015 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Fend is the smart choice for survivability. Pass Block for giggles. All the rest pale in comparison.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2015 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle or Strip Ball. Grats on the Legend.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2015 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
I would go tackle myself.

Why would a DE Blizer want KoR? Pro could be amusing but is not that good for this guy. The rest of them don't seem to be that good as choices. Fend might be of use but AV7 does what AV7 does anyways.

I'd agree with NerdBird. Tackle is the go in my opinion. Could be a great sacker.

Yeah, I was joking about KoR - there are better options I'm sure. Tackle is tempting, but I have 2 tacklers already & 2 other players with MB who will probably take it soon.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2015 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:

Yeah, I was joking about KoR - there are better options I'm sure. Tackle is tempting, but I have 2 tacklers already & 2 other players with MB who will probably take it soon.

Yeah, 2 tacklers but not an agility 5 leap tackler. Smile I had 2 tacklers on my team and lost them in one game to Norse.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2015 - 05:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough, I had tackle in mind for my other AG5 leap, strip ball blitzer but he's a fair ways away from his next skill. Perhaps I'm being a little precious with him as he's my 1st legend Very Happy
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2015 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
Kick Off return is a terrible skill since it only works 1 or 2 times a match. It should only cost you 5000 towards TV. lol

So does Kick and it seems to be a high priority pick for many good coaches. KoR is a decent pick for some teams, but DE is not one of them.

For the skill, I'd probably lean for Strip Ball over Tackle, but since you already have an AG5 SB-Leap, Fend is a sensible choice, which synergizes well with his kit.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2015 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well kick is a skill you take on a scum bag line man who sits on the bench until you need him. Kick of Return is a skill you take on slower teams, or players who run out of other useful things to take (I actually took it on a hobgoblin who has block, sure hands, and fend, because there was literally nothing else worth taking on a regular roll).

For this guy you can probably take fend. You have an ag5 leap strip ball, you have 'enough' tackle. You could argue for taking diving tackle, it wouldn't be terrible on him, but you'd want to use it pretty sparingly since he is av7. And yeah, I don't worry about having diving tackle but not tackle, this is a guy who probably plays back on defense anyway, so you can stick him on the ball when you run out of other options late in the drive, and try to screen off blitzers from getting to him.

Fend if you huggle pixels, diving tackle if you want better options to win games.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2015 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to help the team, go Tackle so he can carry his weight on D. Leaping Tacklers are just scary, even if it's 1D. You have 2 other Tacklers, but one is MA 6 and a ways from Dodge, and the other is another AV 7 so won't last too long. And 3 Tacklers is not "too many".

If you want to go for simple longevity, Fend. With -AV, he's a big target and (has been) a primary scorer, and Fend shuts down the PO, shuts down half of Frenzy, makes dodging easier, and is one of the (lesser) pain-in-the-ass skills. Also surprisingly good compliment to SS.

DT is strong, but AV 7 Ag 5 Legends don't want to cuddle up to the opponent too often. :/

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2015 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I will go with this logic

His job is not to pop the ball out, that is other players jobs.

His job is to collect that loose ball.

Take SUREFEET

Once he leaps in and collects said loose ball, he can run away and not risk team rerolls on his 2X GFI.

Why is it other players job to pop the ball out?

He is AV7, no fend and a sitting target if he is the guy who sticks his nose in first. Lets some other Darkie stick his nose in, do his job and then get to the loose ball.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2015 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Now that he is what he is (pain in the ass with av7) Fend could be an option, to keep him alive.

But i agree Sure feet could make it easyer for him, to get that extra Square to pass the ball, after picking it up, where ever it is dropped. As PainState stated Wink
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2015 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:

DT is strong, but AV 7 Ag 5 Legends don't want to cuddle up to the opponent too often. :/

or stick there noses into cages, popping balls out.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2015 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving Tackle: He's worth two players TV-wise, so he either needs to be worth that much, or die.

-Has no respect for legends, only victories.

(Although, you certainly appear to know how to win, so it probably doesn't matter much to you)
 Jump to: