43 coaches online • Server time: 18:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
darkjul

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2015 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I use Ubuntu 12.04 ... I try window option on ccsm with no effect so I remove that variable ... So I ask you step by step instructions in order to avoid breaks ...
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2015 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you use the Gnome session or the Unity session? It won't work in the first case...

EDIT - If you don't understand what I'm talking about, could you please paste this into a terminal and copy the output?

Code:
echo $XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2015 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
Do you use the Gnome session or the Unity session? It won't work in the first case...

EDIT - If you don't understand what I'm talking about, could you please paste this into a terminal and copy the output?

Code:
echo $XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP
Unity
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2015 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

OK then, open a BB game.

Open ccsm, tick the Window Rules plugin. Navigate to the Size Rules tab. Click on the "New" button. Click on the "+" icon in the pop up window. Select "Window class" in the drop-down menu. Click on the "input" button or whatever it's called in English - your cursor will turn into a cross. Click on FUMBBL window (use ALT+TAB to raise it if needed - do NOT try to raise it by clicking on its icon in the apps tray), and then on the "add" button. Select 1014 and 780 respectively for the width and the height. Click the close button. That's it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9okclw96qp5nvxe/Capture%20du%202015-03-26%2020%3A09%3A22.png?dl=0

I can't make a more detailed explanation. Very Happy

Note: the changes should be applied immediately. If that's not the case, try reloging (or type "compiz --replace" in a terminal).

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2015 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I did it ... Tnx
JMkiller

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2015 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

new to ubuntu.... how to find window rules in ccsm? +

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2015 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

sudo apt-get install compiz-plugins

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2015 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I will make a wiki page on Linux when I have some time to spare so the info isn't diluted.

I just wanna fix that damn pulseaudio first so it doesn't burn your CPU when resampling the game sounds on some systems - I have a clue but... it's gonna require more testing.

Post 3 Posted: Jan 06, 2016 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

For when the wiki page comes true:

Situation: Linux, ALSA with dmix enabled (so multiple properly coded programs can output sound at the same time) and OSS compatibility (for the old ones), Oracle JRE. Client launched via "javaws ffblive.jnlp". A similar setup was working fine years ago, using "aoss javaws ffblive.jnlp". Confused

Problem: If there is something using the soundcard, client goes mute. If client can get the soundcard first, nothing else can use the soundcard until client is closed. No matter if "javaws" or "aoss javaws", it's one client or the rest of apps, but not all at the same time. Mad

Solution: find where is the libjsoundalsa.so file from the JRE (it should be in same place than libjsound.so, start with "find /usr/lib/ -name libjsoundalsa.so" or use the package manager), rename as root (or sudo, or whatever) to something else like "mv libjsoundalsa.so libjsoundalsa.so-disabled". Then java will stop using it's poorly implemented code for ALSA and fall back to the OSS version. Launch with "aoss javaws ffblive.jnlp". Now all programs can play sounds at the same time, including multiple java programs. Very Happy
arie_papa

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2016 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm running Ubuntu 15.10 64bit with Oracle Java 8 JRE.
The FFB client starts and I can play games, but the borders for the example inputfield chat isn't shown.
A link to a screenshot to make it more clear.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dp9grjhoa3n8lrh/FFBL_Ubuntu15.10_OracleJava8.png?dl=0

On my Raspberry Pi running Raspbian Jessie with the icedtea-7-plugin the FFB client shows the normal behaviour, so I'm a bit confused (only watched a game, didn't play yet on the RPi).

Anyone with a solution for this problem on my Ubuntu machine? The chat itselfs works, but I can't see what I have typed before pressing enter, so it is a bit anoying.
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
OK then, open a BB game.

Open ccsm, tick the Window Rules plugin. Navigate to the Size Rules tab. Click on the "New" button. Click on the "+" icon in the pop up window. Select "Window class" in the drop-down menu. Click on the "input" button or whatever it's called in English - your cursor will turn into a cross. Click on FUMBBL window (use ALT+TAB to raise it if needed - do NOT try to raise it by clicking on its icon in the apps tray), and then on the "add" button. Select 1014 and 780 respectively for the width and the height. Click the close button. That's it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9okclw96qp5nvxe/Capture%20du%202015-03-26%2020%3A09%3A22.png?dl=0

I can't make a more detailed explanation. Very Happy

Note: the changes should be applied immediately. If that's not the case, try reloging (or type "compiz --replace" in a terminal).

Perfect description! I'd just add to click on the "Enable windows rules" option in ccsm, which I didn't at the first time Very Happy

EDIT: now I see that "tick the windows rules plugin"... missed it!
iipepeii

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2016 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi! I'm new at Linux(Ubuntu). How can I play at FUMBBL? I have openjdk 8 on my machine, I downloaded a .jpnl, cause I wanted to spectate, but something expectation error happened. Please help me!

(I downloaded the file, then tried this: sudo javac ffblive.jpnl - The output was this: Class names, 'ffblive.jpnl', are only accepted if annotation processing is explicitly requested
1 error
thom_raindog

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2018 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
ultwe wrote:
ok, you could try this:

rename the javaws file to javaws-mod

create a new text file, named javaws, in the same folder as the original javaws file, with the following 2 lines:

unset -v GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID
./javaws-mod

save the file and make it executable

test

NOTE: on my Arch machine, javaws is found in /opt/java/jre/bin
NOTE: This is, at best, a dirty hack. You may want to add some comment to your text file, which explains what it does, and why it does it, if you need to be reminded a few years down the line. It may also break other programs. I did not test it myself.

Awesome it works! (at least running unset -v GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID before javaws).

Goodbye KDE!!! Thank heavens. Also you can just add a file javaws to your personal bin directory. Then make sure your browser opens the new javaws file when it is opening jnlp files instead of the other one. You may need to use a script that passes the filename argument?

In any case, running these commands from Gnome after I downloaded a game file to spectate works perfect:

unset -v GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID
javaws Downloads/ffb.jnlp

For the record: unsetting GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID then manually starting the downloaded game with javaws still works nicely for me, Ubuntu 16.04, Gnome3
Ninj0r

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2019 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I can confirm that running "unset -v GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID" in the terminal before running ffblive.jnlp removes the white bar when using Gnome3 in Fedora.
kelvingreen

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2020 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Any advice for a Linux Mint (Cinnamon) user?
 Jump to: