35 coaches online • Server time: 13:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Grotty Little Tournament

It is that time again FUMBBL fans for the kick off of the 3rd major in the Ranked season. The pagentry and glam of the GLT is out done by none. It attracts all the big names in Blood Bowl. The big name teams come out of the wood work. The old teams roll out in their wheel chairs with one last chance at glory and fame. The upstarts show up and even the stunty teams with dreams of immortality.

Milford here from Altdorf the center of the FUMBBL universe and the host city for the GLT. The city has pulled out all the stops this year. Extra housing for the fans across the river. A new red light district has opened up north of the city in the forest. The beer and ale will be flowing, nightly concerts from artist around the old world. This will be a 2 month long party and you cannot miss out.

The opening few weeks is a carnival atmosphere around Altdorf as the contenders and the pretenders get sorted out. Upsets left and right, dicing's of the highest order will be performed, high flying leapers, elf ball, bash ball and everything in between will take the pitch.

FUMBBL HQ is getting set to officially open up the application process for all the teams to get set up for the GLT. APPLICATIONS FOR THE GLT WILL MOST LIKELY OCCUR ON WED. the 3RD. If you are one of those fringe coaches who has never entered a major, well you should take your shot. You want to make a name for yourself, take your shot. You think your team has what it takes? well take your shot. That is what the GLT is all about. It is the major for the people, the common man with big dreams of glory. So I will say it one more time, TAKE YOUR SHOT!!! get your team applied and roll NUFFLES bones and see if it comes up golden.

So, now that I got your attention you need to apply your team to one of these 4 qualifiers.

GLT High TV Qualifier...The name tells the story. You got a high TV team full of bloat? You like to run the 16 man roster and pimp out that TV? Well this is the qualifier for you.

Fastest to Apply Qualifier...Just cannot wait until the official draw next week. Get applied and you might just be hitting the grid iron faster than anybody else. BUT be warned!!!!! You could run into the biggest name teams, bloated TV teams, CPOMB...you have no clue what you are going to get besides playing early.

Old Teams Qualifier...This is the most popular of qualifiers because the old legend teams get dusted off. Hit the pitch for their once a year tournament. Some also call this the grey beard qualifier because half the fans have not shown up for a FUMBBL major in over 2 decades.

Forlorn Qualifier...The qualifier that draws the most interest is the forlorn. Which of the races that have never won a major will advance and have their shot at glory? This qualifier is usually the largest and most teams will have to play in 16 team qualifiers. The fans are hoping that the race they support can punch into the main draw and finally win a major.

Special Stunty Qualifier...this qualifier will take one of the slots in the old teams qualifier. It is open to any goblin or fling team. First 16 to apply get in for their shot. PurpleChest showed wisdom and a forward looking approach to letting the stunties have the spot light in a major. He took some serious heat for letting these chumps into a major with their own qualifier but I applaud him for looking out for the stunties and making a stand for the common folk.

SO pick one of the qualifiers and get applied and take your shot!!!!!!

Last edited by PainState on Jul 02, 2015 - 14:35; edited 4 times in total
cdassak

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I m going Vampire in the Forlon Quali:
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=755138
Only 10k in the bank, so the bridges are burned...

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The Grimsby Gougerz have taken a shot at the Old Teams Quals. Let's see if they can progress this time.
Jan-Erik

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll dust off my major jacket for the first time in several years. I'll be applying with my nurgs as they are in pretty good tournament shape. See ya guys in high TV.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=802194
PainState

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Applications for the GLT will not be accepted until PC tells us when the first date for applications will be accepted. Most likely this Wed and the GLT kicks off the following Wed.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The link for the stunty qualifier takes you to the old teams qualifier, is this correct?
PainState

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
The link for the stunty qualifier takes you to the old teams qualifier, is this correct?

Correct, the stunty group is found inside the Old Teams group.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 22:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

You are assuming i am not changing anything this year. Most years i change something. Sometimes big, sometimes small, but usually i change something.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
You are assuming i am not changing anything this year. Most years i change something. Sometimes big, sometimes small, but usually i change something.

** Milford from the GLT **
Oh, well, Iam intriqued by this.

I will have to once again perform some skullduggery to find out all the details before the masses for a breaking story.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford in deep thought: inner monologue **

What da heck? "You are assuming i am not changing anything this year". MMM, it is very possible that he was not going to change anything but then I spoke out about the GLT and caught him with his pants down. He was not going to change a thing but now he feels he has to change something to make it look like he is some big wig who runs the show.

He would not want to be scene as sitting around on his laurels running around some stage in the woods of north England with no speaking lines, he has to show he has some gravitas on these matters.

Very Happy Surprised

Or it could be he was going to make a big change and I jumped the gun and now have him scrambling for the lime light over my GLT announcement post.

Either way, I quess it does not matter, GLT is about to open up applications and then the big show a week later.

Shocked Laughing

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Old Teams Qualifier... Some also call this the grey beard qualifier

Someone called for Brumbas? See you on the pitch!

Post   Posted: May 04, 2015 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Best tournament on FUMBBL. Wink

Post   Posted: May 04, 2015 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

can we apply already?
Kam

Post   Posted: May 04, 2015 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, it's not official, and all the teams who have applied already are likely to be kicked when the official announcement will be made. Wait until PC announces it in the News section.

Post   Posted: May 04, 2015 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Time to unforlron CRP ogres

I have to choose between these two teams though:
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=744107
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=771070
 Jump to: