12 coaches online • Server time: 05:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrPoods

Post   Posted: May 22, 2015 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes they do Grod. Well I think so anyway.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2015 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

They are totally different.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2015 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

2 Flesh Golem as support with 2 (block, guard) maximum 3 skills (grab, dodge if double)
1 wolf as all arounder tactical player
The other wolf as killer clawpomber, if you are lucky enough to roll a couple of doubles, otherwise tactical player as well (sidestep blodger ecc ecc)
2 Wight as killers (1 tactical/ball stealer and 1 killer if you are lucky enough to get a wolf clawpomber.)
1 ghoul as solid ball carrier (and the you don't need double for that) and another one as ball stealer (it just need wrestle and strip ball)
A couple of zombies as dp/kick/fend.

After I started this build my team record has extremely improved!

Post   Posted: May 22, 2015 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Ryld wrote:
After I started this build my team record has extremely improved!

This looks really similar to what I'm trying, so hopefully I have the same success.

Grod wrote:
Keen to hear what you make of the Necro. For me the Undead and Necro seems seem ultra similar on paper, do they play all that differently from each other?

I can only really speak about low-tv, but despite some common players, they really do play quite differently. Obviously both teams love to foul, have global regeneration, and both have a mix of GS and GA players. At low-TV, mummies are 3D blocking casualty machines. Flesh Golems are 2D blocking turnover machines.

So far, the werewolf has been something of a passenger on the team. The mighty blow wights are better blitzers and the blodge ghouls are better ball handlers. He's surfed a few people, but for the most part he's just sort of there. The one niche he's filled rather nicely is the blodger blitzer on a team without tackle. Getting 4 dice instead of 2 is more important than mighty blow when you need that pow.

I'm sure all this will change as the team skills up. Block/Guard Flesh Golems are going to be nice to have, and we all know how good claw/mb is. I definitely see why people advise only to start with one wolf, even with block he's sort of underwhelming, although the surf threat does change the way people play.
 Jump to: