14 coaches online • Server time: 06:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which skill for the Block m7 a4 Human thrower?
Tackle
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Accurate
46%
 46%  [ 21 ]
Leader
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Strip Ball
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Another skill or even consider eating pie.
24%
 24%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 45

garyt1

Post   Posted: May 23, 2015 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Although he snaked important actions two turns in a row to leave us in a pickle last match Jesiah did score the early TD which earned him star status.
The Averheim Plebeians (Box) thrower rolled a normal skill. He is a move 7, ag 4 block thrower. Any suggestions?
Somehow the options don't excite me. Perhaps he should get something for defence. Though as I have an Ag4 Blitzer Accurate could come in handy (though my ag4 catcher recently died). As could Leader which I rarely take.

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8796523

Post   Posted: May 23, 2015 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

That's a tough one. The team could do with another tackler, however you've still got plenty of room to skill a blitzer or tw in that direction. Accurate would be handy for passing, but passing is at least plan C, maybe even further down the list.

Voted Leader.

Join the Human League Premiership!
Patator

Post   Posted: May 23, 2015 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree you have other blitzers that'll soon have tacle. That pomb guy especially.

Strip ball follow the same logic.

I would go for accurate, because it'll open new possibilities.
nufflehatesme

Post   Posted: May 23, 2015 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

tackle. he will be an awesome sweeper on defense. taking tackle on your thrower also opens up your blitzers to take more strength skills - mb, po, guard, stand firm.
hope to roll doubles for dodge at superstar.
Wizfall

Post   Posted: May 23, 2015 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Wonderful player and the best stat increase on the human team you can have.
Tackle may be the better choice as it is great on an AG4 player.
However for fluff reason i dislike it on thrower.
So i would take either safe throw (above accurate)if you pass more often than you should or leader (not for the TV gain but the fluff).
NickNutria

Post   Posted: May 23, 2015 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I must admit that I would use a thrower to throw, not to blitz, this one is even ag4. That's why the only skill that would make sense to me would be accurate.
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 23, 2015 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

A double for Dodge would certainly have been great. With m7 he could be somewhat of a Blitzer and a Tackle sweeper could be good. Though I do have another m7 ag4 Tackler. Not that 1 Tackler is enough. Accurate would encourage me to pass more..

Post   Posted: May 23, 2015 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends, this is actually a situation when dumpoff, might be the right choice. Its not like you WANT to pass with him if you can use him for running plays.
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 23, 2015 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Dumpoff! No that is one I wont be taking. I can see Dark Elves have loads of ag4 who might occasionally be available to catch when a runner is blitzed. But not here.

Post   Posted: May 23, 2015 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle, he makes for a nice sweeper who can get where he needs to be. 2+ quick passes, 3+ short has always done me fine for humans, you'll get little use out of accurate.

Your blitzers will tend towards any scrums on the pitch and it's not unusual for you to be down players enough that you've only got one or two free players behind the main line. One of those should be this guy who doesn't want to get too close to contact so it makes sense he's there to put down threats if they get through.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: May 24, 2015 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, obviously the cherry on top of this nice player would be dodge, but apparently not yet.

You could take tackle, but I'm assuming you are not going to be short in that department, being a human. I think your options here are Leader, Kick, and Accurate.

After an extended period of not taking accurate on elf throwers, I've started taking it again as a fourth skill (Sure Hands, Dodge, Block). While many would see a "team" skill as a waste on a two-stat player, I don't see either Accurate or Tackle as a must-have, and none of the other choices are compelling either.

One potential option not mentioned would be frenzy. While not a complimentary skill to what he already has, having frenzy somewhere on a fast team can really open things up along the sidelines. You could do worse than an AV8 witch elf on a human team, which is pretty much what you would have if you finally got that double at 76.
huff

Post   Posted: May 24, 2015 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you going to hire the 2nd Thrower?
PainState

Post   Posted: May 24, 2015 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well since "passing" is not really his "game" you can pass on those skills.

So, I would say leader, to bump those RR up to 4 at a cheap cost OR take kick off return. Moving 10 on the opening kick is a boost to set up that cage and get the ball moving down field.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2015 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Now here is the crazy plan.

You make him a "Sacker" type player. You take Wrestle and then on 76+ if he rolls a double you take leap. If he rolls a normal skill you take tackle.

Wrestle > than tackle for a ball sacker because Wrestle is %100 chance that the ball comes out on a Block result. Also you do not need tackle against a non dodge player but most likely that player has block.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2015 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

if it was doubles I would consider guard. I dont really understand humans in truth, but often have all the tools is the way to play, so accurate is now a no-brainer I would argue
 Jump to: