20 coaches online • Server time: 06:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pubstar

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
That said, I do have a point, don't I? It's surely very wrong if you're thinking about sacking a skeleton that has a double and +ST or.......considering not giving it to him. There's something very wrong with that.

I'm not sure you do have a point, at least not one I can understand. It seems to me that the end result you fear is uninteresting rosters built to maximum efficiency. Is this correct? Is your ideal version of an ongoing Blood Bowl league full of unconventional teams that are poorly TV-managed?

If that's your issue, can't you just play in the League division? I have a terrible [L] Norse team in DOTP full of permed guys that I can't retire due to league rules. The roster is quite bad, and the matches are quite fun. So if that's the type of Blood Bowl environment you desire, it already exists on this site.

It doesn't seem likely that playing competitively will 'destroy the game', and the divisions that care about TV matching are still the most popular on the site. YOU may not love Ranked or Blackbox, but your insistence that there is something 'wrong' with the divisions everybody else likes is just a lazy whine.

Have I misunderstood? Is there some underlying 'wrongness' in efficient roster construction outside of what you personally enjoy?

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

You've misunderstood, yes.

Well managed rosters should be part of the game. However what we have here, is clearly an impressive player that may be cut due to the impact he is having on TV.

I think in no way was it intended or should be intended that players like this should be cut from a team. The fact it is a possibility and it's a possibility that doesn't meet with utter disdain is my worry.

The idea of a progressive environment is to steadily build a team that can compete at a higher and higher level. Yes, you'll need to be ruthless at times, with players that do not pull their weight. By this, I mean you would remove a player for a player that could do a better job or will eventually be able to do a better job.

Clearly this isn't the case here. A guard/+ST/DP skellie is pretty rare and a top class player for any team.

So my point is being efficient should be about removing players that are a liability or can be replaced by a better prospect. Not because they're having a negative effect on treading water match making.
chimp2010

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 06:08 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
people should be banned from doing TV math.

he has +ST! he is favoured of nuffle! less math geekery!

THAT!!!
licker

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 06:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Wrong.

Any system where turning down +ST and a double is the 'best' move is flawed at its core.
The_Provocateur

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

And in lrb4 cutting your best players after legendary was considered good team management because they'd bloat indefinitely. There will always be some hyper exploity, anti-fun method of gaming the game system to gain an edge on the opponent. As of now, we continue to complain for the sake of complaining, or complain about complaining. Complain. Also, keep the skeleton, you're already playing khemri.
licker

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually the lrb4 system made much more sense. You're 'retireing' a legend, who's played his best games and it's time for him to move on to pasture. Of course there's plenty of other lrb4 stuff that didn't make sense, or that was annoying to deal with.

CRP has you retiring +ST/guards who are on 31spp. Apparently.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not about lrb4 vs CRP, it's that we have a problem now. A lot of CRP is much better than lrb4. As a game it's better now, however as a perpetual game in my opinion it is not, if we managed ourselves however it could be.

Licker was a lot more concise than I was in expressing the point.

I think my point is that we're pretty quick to burn the cpombing coaches, but there are a lot of top coaches doing very well out of a core flaw that are respected for doing so.

and

That here advice of doing such shenanigans is sort and given with no qualms.

I was drunk though, I shouldn't have posted, I know that.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Yeah 20TV + a skill slot wasted sucks and 50TV often isn't a great deal for +ST but I guess it just depends how much you like having fun vs. how much you feel the need to win at all costs.

Exactly what I said Jimmy

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Wrong.

Any system where turning down +ST and a double is the 'best' move is flawed at its core.

I don't have a problem with it.

I don't think that I have ever turned down +ST.

I would definitely turn down +ag and maybe a double too on a black orc.

Fumbbl Ranked & Fumbbl Box are not "The Game".

Play to the rules of the league that you are in. If you don't like it play in a different league. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Fumbbl Ranked & Fumbbl Box are not "The Game".

Play to the rules of the league that you are in. If you don't like it play in a different league. Mr. Green

This was my point, and I haven't seen anything that makes me change my mind on it. The rulebook has created a certain environment. FUMBBL has created several alternatives. Pick one (or more) that you like and enjoy.

harvestmouse wrote:
...but there are a lot of top coaches doing very well out of a core flaw that are respected for doing so.

This is just absolutely petty. So now part of 'The Game' is only respecting coaches that play the 'right way'? Please, publish a list of coaches I'm meant to respect in the next GLN, to make sure I don't misplace some respect!

MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Do you take +ST even on Snotlings?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
A guard/+ST/DP skellie is pretty rare and a top class player for any team.

I'd call it more something like a pimple. You know it's wrong yet because of the +ST it doesn't feel quite right to get rid of it. But you know once its gone you'll feel a lot better.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
koadah wrote:

I've never got +ST on a snotling but I ALWAYS take it on flings.

Fair point though. On a snotling I'd probably take DP.

I don't think that is anything to cry about though.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
koadah wrote:

I've never got +ST on a snotling but I ALWAYS take it on flings.

Fair point though. On a snotling I'd probably take DP.

I don't think that is anything to cry about though.

I was just nitpicking. Very Happy
On a Snotling I'd take either Sure Hands or Leader btw.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:

Why is this guy on the LOS anyway? You have TGs to stick on the LOS.

I agree this expensive skeleton shouldn't be on the LOS, but placing TGs on LOS is not a strict rule.
If you play vs clawpomb they are going to be removed from the pitch very quickly.
 Jump to: