80 coaches online • Server time: 21:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sonrises

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks nice. My 5 cents:

1. Open Round robin is the best to match up 2 stables. In this way Stables have the freedom to scheduele games the way they think best within a given deadline. i.e. 8 stables join 1st edition, so you need to start 4 Open round Robins each round, one per each match up. Each stable should have a captain that coordinates each stable.

2. Open round Robin is just the practical way to make match ups happen between 2 stables. However, Competition format may be something different...League, Ko tournament and so on.

3. Minimum 5 coaches per STABLE, advisable 8. Only 5 games per match up. Back up coaches are necessary to cover Real Life issues that might come up.

4. it would be nice that a "special event" is launched aimed at existing Leagues in FUMBBL. So, OLC have 1 team or 2, WIL, HUBBA, SWL, any national League...
Could be a nice way to promote it for 1st edition. Once it is finished, anyone can join with his stable and...if leagues want to keep their stables going...the more the merrier.

5. Timezones. Make all possible to involve all timezones. Let's not have another Euro only League.
arry

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Have all the coaches become horses overnight and I didn't get the memo? Why would you put them in stables?
Throweck

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

arry wrote:
Have all the coaches become horses overnight and I didn't get the memo? Why would you put them in stables?

Neigh, they haven't. Laughing
Seventyone

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Stop horsing around I don't think it be-hooves us

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I vote open league.
Could be the thing that gets Team Fantastic to reform
spubbbba

Post   Posted: May 30, 2015 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Progression or non-progression is a tricky choice. If you stick with just 1 team then it means if someone gets lucky in the first few games then they build a strong team quickly. It may push towards it being a very bash heavy situation as well.

Non-progression seems to work well with the NAFC and Lucete tournaments. Maybe have some sort of tier system where coaches are limited to a set amount of the stronger teams (undead, wood elves, Lizardmen) compared to the ok teams (humans, khemri). Alternatively if the scoring system is 3/1/0 for W/D/L then if a coach takes a stunty team then they get an additional point for drawing or beating a non-stunty opponent.

If it was open to multiple timezones then that means it will pretty much only allow games to be played at weekends for those with 9-5 jobs. I know it was quite a hassle to get the WIL vs SWL Ashes games done and those were at a quiet time with both leagues having a good dozen coaches to select.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2015 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Stable matches- now there is a blast from the past Wink
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2015 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
https://fumbbl.com/help:StableCoaches

Ahhh - those were the days. We had an awesome stable, Duke.

It worked pretty well too, using the Smack brackets and submitting teams blind. Metagaming was fun!

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2015 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be in to be in a Stable.
Probably wanna play Chaos Pact, Chaos, or Chaos Dwarf
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2015 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

History repeats itself.

Many years ago, we played Stables.

Myself and some other hard pipehitters were in stable F.U.

Stables of 4 faced each other. It was Ranked fun before the Box was born.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2015 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is my idea for stable resurrection in a major tourney format:

2 Stage Tourney with Box or Ranked teams.

Get a stable of 4 coaches
Select your teams to enter for duration of tourney. 1 team per coach, no substitutions!

First Stage - Round Robin between two stables. If tied, then a tie breaker game would be played between two coaches of the opposing stable's choosing, blindly. Winning stable proceeds to KO round.

KO round - 16 seeds. Basically you nominate a coach each round to play their team but they can only play once. This way every coach will get to play in the KO round if their stable gets far enough. Also introduces hardcore metagaming where the coach selected to play in the KO round do so by the stable submitting their selection to the tourney organizer blindly. You don't know who your opposing stable is submitting so you gotta coordinate a metagaming strategy and decide.

This would require at least 32 stables with 128 coaches. Doable methinks but it'd have to be open to Ranked and Box.

I already know that I'd want one Stable to be '3 men and a halfling' where there are 3 human teams and a fling team.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2015 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

In fact, half the fun of this idea is just coming up with themes and names
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2015 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Gritter wrote:

talking of blasts from the past - welcome back, good sir

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2015 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Gritter wrote:

talking of blasts from the past - welcome back, good sir

haha thanks mate Smile might play the odd game or two this weekend as thinking my joining a local TT group but my skills r rusty...
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2015 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

PainStates big idea on how Stable should work

You have 4 stables lock horns in a 8 man KO tournament. Each stable sends 2 teams. The Tournament comish then seeds the KO with 1 team from the 4 stables in the top bracket and the lower bracket. This format can be expanded for up to 16/32/64 team tournaments. KO format IMO is ideal because it is a short time commitment and most coaches can handle a one match a week format for 3 weeks and if you are knocked out, well, we will see you next month. Also the ability to “seed” the tournament is key.

Every coach can bring whatever league team he wants, no restrictions. The only restrictions that will be set up is that some of these KO events might have Tournament Weight limits and so forth, we will get into that later. So it is good to have a diverse group of coaches who have teams covering all the ranges in each Stable.

Each win gives your stable 5 points. Winning the KO gets your stable a 10 point bonus. IF both teams from the same stable meet in the final the stable gets another 5 pt Bonus.

Each Stable will have a total score for the season, how ever long that is determined to be and at the end of it which stable has the most points, wins.

For each of the tournaments one of the stables is considered the organizer. All stables get one tournament that they sponsor. The Organizing stable gets to determine what, if any, optional rules their tournament will run under. So, some tournaments might have CPOMB nerfs, some might have spiked balls, some might have no optional rules and some might hand out cash for inducements.

The side effect of this is now since each stable gets to sponsor a tournament in the Stable war cycle that opens up the door for a lot of fluff around each tournament. Stables who provide no fluff for their tournament are, well, boring and most likely should be banned from Stable, IMHO.

Now how do “we” get this up and running at prime hours for most coaches?

Each stable should reach out and attempt to recruit coaches from both Europe and North America for their stable. That way when a new Stable KO is getting set “we” can set up a Europe and a North America event. This encourages Stables to have coaches in the two primary timezones because the stable needs points to win the overall title. So if a Stable has no North American coaches or vice versa, they are losing out on points in Tournaments they do not compete in.

Now it is time to get even more Fluff mileage out of this. Some Stables might be formed up because of geography, friends or league members joining the same stable. That is fine and dandy but I think stables formed up around a theme is more fun.

That is why Iam going to make a stable that is called Devastation Incorporated, an old wrestling stable of “heel” wrestlers from the 80’s, this stable will only accept: Chaos, Nurgle, Chaos Dwarf, Chaos Pact and Norse teams into their stable. We are going to bring destruction!

Now that I got your attention.

Iam tired of all this talk. I want action, so, do you want me to set this league up, get it set to go? Or do we want to talk some more?