48 coaches online • Server time: 16:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Coma

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I spectated the game that Thot played and his opponent conceded when it was absolute clear that a win or draw was out of the question (if I remember correctly).

My opinion about conceding is that you never should when playing a tournament. Its bad form to not be a nice guy and let your opponent drive the game home. League play is another matter though..
Thot

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I confirm, Coma.
I would have been able to score a 3rd TD. And there were still 4 turn after.
But that's okay, still 2 wins and there will be no tie breaker problem Mr. Green
pubstar

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Coma wrote:
I spectated the game that Thot played and his opponent conceded when it was absolute clear that a win or draw was out of the question (if I remember correctly).

My opinion about conceding is that you never should when playing a tournament. Its bad form to not be a nice guy and let your opponent drive the game home. League play is another matter though..

Fumbbl Official Tournament rules explicitly forbid concessions. Link

I had assumed that the NAF tournaments on here would also have to play within the site's tournament rules, though I'm no authority.

Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello. I don't want this to get into a long, drawn out thing. -5 points have been applied, as per the rules. Let's not go further down this rabbit hole. Smile
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I was scheduled to play against jimmifantastic at 20.00. Sad

Are anyone in contact with him so they can give him a poke?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2015 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Friday is upon us! Let's get them played...
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2015 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Group 2, why you no play games?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2015 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm absolutely sure it'll all be sorted in the next 24 h! Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2015 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all!

A game here and there just finishing up, and then into round 4 we go.

Please keep up the excellent work, and enjoy the game! Looking forward to speccing some of those crunch encounters. Smile

Those of you in Europe Group 3, please note that Prez is away this week, and for Round 4 (and only Round 4), I am your admin. Normal service shall resume next week.

Thanks,

Phil / Goo.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2015 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh cool, I'm playing these Wood Elves but they only took Strip Ball for 4th round and this is only the 3rd game! No wait, I joined 2nd round, this is 4th round. Oh snap! Very Happy
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2015 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Time for a midweek bump. Who's looking good for winning their groups? Let's get them played!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2015 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all!

It's Friday. I hope that you have some NAF BB scheduled this weekend (playing or watching), but if you're struggling to organise your game, remember to contact your league admin! Euro Group 3 coaches should remember that Prez is on holiday, and I'm doing his forfeits this week.

Euro coaches may note a slight quirk on the tournament page this evening, we're just proactively overcoming some unecpected Internet issues Yashin is going to have next week and lining up his R5 Euro Group 2 decider with Tripleskull for tonight. Once they've played, normal service shall be resumed, and I'll input their result manually next week.

Thanks!
Yashin

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2015 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to Purplegoo for his extra-effort and for the prompt solution to my "problem".
Thanks to Tripleskull for the Friday night match... I hope your girlfriend won't blame you too much. Tell her I'm grateful for her patience (if any Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ) . See you later.

Guys... I love BB people. There's no game with such a fabulous community like this.
Please stand up for BB and Fumbbl !!!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2015 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad it was sorted in the end! Thank you for the communication. Smile

The match finished 2-0 (4-0 CAS) to Yashin. I will put the points on in round five, but I cannot edit TD and CAS difference. Should this become important for second in Euro Group 2, I'll crunch numbers manually.

I hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday morning, and that all Dutch Open business is in hand! If not, contact that staff member! Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2015 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I love a deadline day!

Get them played, and we accelerate into round 5 at 22:00 server time.
 Jump to: