25 coaches online • Server time: 10:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Retire him?
Yes
91%
 91%  [ 33 ]
No
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 36

SoldierofBodom95

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2015 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all

My Skaven team are in a predicament and I need your help to figure out if I should retire and replace the following player:

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=10155304

I have enough cash to purchase a new GR.
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2015 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd retire whether I had the gold to replace him or not.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2015 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire.

Easy to skill GR's and he has nothing to make him worth keeping at only 16 SPPs.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2015 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Really, -ST means retirement 99% of the time. Only a natural one turner or some unusual stat freak (or Snots!) are worth being kept with -ST (not to mention ST1).

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2015 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Just as +ST is always a yes -ST is always a no.

With the few odd exceptions, but this guy clearly is not even close to being one of them.
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2015 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a lot of fun with a ST 1 GR Hyper Speed, even got him to legend status. The great thing about him is that he was a major magnet for blitzes....so much so that often my other players were left open or lightly marked.

either that or he was ignored and I was able to get him the ball for the score.

not really effective most of the time, but it was very fun getting him to legend status before retiring.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2015 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Just as +ST is always a yes -ST is always a no.

Snotlings are the exception:
on a Snotling +1 ST is not worth the TV, while -1 ST is not a problem.
Very Happy
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2015 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Xeterog wrote:
I had a lot of fun with a ST 1 GR Hyper Speed, even got him to legend status. The great thing about him is that he was a major magnet for blitzes....so much so that often my other players were left open or lightly marked.

not really effective most of the time, but it was very fun getting him to legend status before retiring.

I'm not going to assume anything, but I am going to point out that you have a pretty bad record with that team.

Could be because you were carrying that guy? I dunno, of course you may not have cared about record as much as leader board spots, which is totally cool if that's what you were up to.
SoldierofBodom95

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2015 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:

I'm not going to assume anything, but I am going to point out that you have a pretty bad record with that team.

Could be because you were carrying that guy? I dunno, of course you may not have cared about record as much as leader board spots, which is totally cool if that's what you were up to.

Actually its because I'm not a very good player, I never really learnt how to play Blood Bowl very well. The rat in question caught the -1 ST in the last match I played.
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2015 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierofBodom95 wrote:
licker wrote:

Actually its because I'm not a very good player, I never really learnt how to play Blood Bowl very well. The rat in question caught the -1 ST in the last match I played.
He was talking to Xeterog, who got a rat to legend status despite multiple debilitating injuries.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2015 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Xeterog wrote:

I've played over 250 games with skaven in box with 6 different teams. Only one of them is well above 500 (15-5-6) and I think unlike other teams skaven rely on good matchups, and 3 key players to be effective at least for coaches like me and xeterog. I still haven't figured out how to play defense effectively with them but it's way too easy to let one or two bad moves combined with dice and/or 3 to 4 CAS make the game out of reach.
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2015 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not disparaging anyones ability, I'm just wondering if the player xeterog mentioned was actually hurting his win rate. I have no idea how hard or easy it is to do well with rats in box, but they are frequently considered a tier1 team, so I would imagine they should do ok, of course, they will eventually blow up due to av7 and casualties.

But the point is that keeping a st1 gutter who doesn't offer you anything else is a bad idea. If he had AG5 or MA10 then I'd consider it, based on the rest of the team makeup, but as a 2 regular skill player I simply don't see the point, especially when the team in question does have the cash to replace him immediately anyway.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2015 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
I'm not disparaging anyones ability, I'm just wondering if the player xeterog mentioned was actually hurting his win rate. I have no idea how hard or easy it is to do well with rats in box, but they are frequently considered a tier1 team, so I would imagine they should do ok, of course, they will eventually blow up due to av7 and casualties.

But the point is that keeping a st1 gutter who doesn't offer you anything else is a bad idea. If he had AG5 or MA10 then I'd consider it, based on the rest of the team makeup, but as a 2 regular skill player I simply don't see the point, especially when the team in question does have the cash to replace him immediately anyway.

I know you weren't, I thought I'd just provide some context to how wacky the ride in Box can be with Skaven for coaches that are average like he and I. I'm sure that player has him punching above his weight team vs. team often enough to bring it down though.
SoldierofBodom95

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2015 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I am sorry, I misunderstood you. I've retired and replaced him now.
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2015 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:

I have a pretty bad record with pretty much all of my teams, and it's getting worse of late. I used to be pushing 45% overall, but lately (like 200-300 games) in the Box, I'm not even reaching 33%.

Still, had fun with that GR Smile

(and I hate losing and do try to win..just apparently I am not that good at it)