44 coaches online • Server time: 11:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which do you prefer?
Pie.
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
Not pie.
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

happygrue

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2015 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

It's summertime. And the livin's lazy. More specifically, I was and still am traveling a bunch this summer, plus other generic excuses. So I never got around to making a season thread - seeing as the polls are so hard to think up. But we need a thread to put awards in, because: tradition! I have remedied this, so please take time to vote in the poll now that the season is over.

Moving on...

All good things must end. And so we cash out and tally up ARR Season X: Bribe it like BlattARR! Even with the season on total autopilot (though let's not forget koadah has to stand behind the curtain and pull levers to keep this thing going) through the less populated summer months we managed to rack up 22 sprints. ARR!

The full list of badge winners (and past seasons) and racial 1st/2nd/3rd are here, and compete season standings are here.

And now, the badges! Sepp Blatter couldn't be here in person to deliver them, but he assured me they are top quality and 100% legal. WeARR them with pride!

Congrats to Justicium's Turons high (High Elf) for breaking the all time ARR record with a 14/2/0 record worth 60 points (previously held by Stonetroll with 59)! I'll add a belt/badge/thingie for the overall record holder(s) to the wishlist, as that would be a fun thingie to have!

Congrats and condolences to Nestoroide's Frogsties (Slann) for their 2nd place finish... but breaking the previous Slann record with a 13/1/2 finish and 56 points (previously held by me with 55 points)!

Also, here's what I said about our second place winner from last season:
happygrue wrote:
ARR runner up this season was the same coach with the same race, but a different team: Nestoroide's Infraordinary mixed frogs (Slann). Second place twice in a row with a tier two team? Let's call it a hat trick!

...That's right, with this 3rd consecutive 2nd place finish Nestoroide has scored an actual 2nd place hat trick now! And his score this season would have won him several other seasons outright. Wild times!

At third place, we have pizzamogul's Madness to the Method(Elf), a team with an awesome logo and the 2nd most games of any box pro elf team (behind the pro popes). A long climb up the top ten ladder has finally put them on the pedestal, and I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of them!

The other top ten finishers get this one:

Also congrats to cdassak's FeARR the BombardiARR (Goblin) who won the top stunty spot this season while also stealing the ARR record for best goblin sprint (stole it from themselves... I suspect foul play). New season tagline TBD!

The rest of the sprintARRs get this one:

And then the top three spots in each race ALSO get to gloat with the appropriately styled:
Image Image Image

And if you won a Black Box Brawl this season (or in the past but just forgot) then you can add this one to your bio:

The full list of badge winners (and past seasons) and racial 1st/2nd/3rd are here, and thanks to cdassak's compilation, also a complete list of brawl winnARRs in a separate tab! Compete season standings are here.

Note: It turns out you must have at least two poll options. Fine, we'll have to do it the hard way! Boo!

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2015 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work
This has inspried me to give a go
Underworld Team applied
happygrue

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2015 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Accepted! And thanks, it's a fun crew. New season tagline chosen by the top stunty finisher (cdassak): Don't cry for us ARRgentina. Get cracking!

New season forum thread coming soon (as this is, due to managerial incompetence, the last season's thread that was created yesterday)!

Jump to: