38 coaches online • Server time: 02:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2015 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Talk seems in order.

I'd suggest that each of the 4 coaches for each stable have a tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3 team.

No coach can field any his teams more than once for every 3 tourneys.

This adds a new level of strategy. Ie; do I want to field my A-game vs Stable Deuche, or save my best team for Stable McAwesome?

So this would be a multi-tiered League, but set schedule, so you know what Stable you're facing, and in what order.

The person setting up the tourney is not involved in the tourney (ie; neutral 3rd party), and therefore it is a secret as to which coach is fielding which of his 3 teams in any given tourney until the tourney starts. Obviously there would be inter-stable discussion as to which coach brings which team.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2015 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

For the first Stable, how about:

Stable F.U.
Azure
BillBrasky
Kryten
MrT1212
?
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2015 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

As it has happened so many times, another great league idea that is tempting me. In fact, I had plans to create my own 1 vs 1 league based on stables, with different formats. Throweck knows what I'm talking about. I think I even have the various tournaments written down somewhere...

I'm currently in a consolidation face considering FUMBBL, but a well-themed stable with not too many obligations would sure tempt me a lot. Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2015 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
For the first Stable, how about:

Stable F.U.
Azure
BillBrasky
Kryten
MrT1212
?

Do you and I really want to be handicapped by people who know what they're doing on the pitch? Laughing
Throweck

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2015 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
PainStates big idea on how Stable should work

You have 4 stables lock horns in a 8 man KO tournament. Each stable sends 2 teams. The Tournament comish then seeds the KO with 1 team from the 4 stables in the top bracket and the lower bracket. This format can be expanded for up to 16/32/64 team tournaments. KO format IMO is ideal because it is a short time commitment and most coaches can handle a one match a week format for 3 weeks and if you are knocked out, well, we will see you next month. Also the ability to “seed” the tournament is key.

Every coach can bring whatever league team he wants, no restrictions. The only restrictions that will be set up is that some of these KO events might have Tournament Weight limits and so forth, we will get into that later. So it is good to have a diverse group of coaches who have teams covering all the ranges in each Stable.

Each win gives your stable 5 points. Winning the KO gets your stable a 10 point bonus. IF both teams from the same stable meet in the final the stable gets another 5 pt Bonus.

Each Stable will have a total score for the season, how ever long that is determined to be and at the end of it which stable has the most points, wins.

For each of the tournaments one of the stables is considered the organizer. All stables get one tournament that they sponsor. The Organizing stable gets to determine what, if any, optional rules their tournament will run under. So, some tournaments might have CPOMB nerfs, some might have spiked balls, some might have no optional rules and some might hand out cash for inducements.

The side effect of this is now since each stable gets to sponsor a tournament in the Stable war cycle that opens up the door for a lot of fluff around each tournament. Stables who provide no fluff for their tournament are, well, boring and most likely should be banned from Stable, IMHO.

Now how do “we” get this up and running at prime hours for most coaches?

Each stable should reach out and attempt to recruit coaches from both Europe and North America for their stable. That way when a new Stable KO is getting set “we” can set up a Europe and a North America event. This encourages Stables to have coaches in the two primary timezones because the stable needs points to win the overall title. So if a Stable has no North American coaches or vice versa, they are losing out on points in Tournaments they do not compete in.

Now it is time to get even more Fluff mileage out of this. Some Stables might be formed up because of geography, friends or league members joining the same stable. That is fine and dandy but I think stables formed up around a theme is more fun.

That is why Iam going to make a stable that is called Devastation Incorporated, an old wrestling stable of “heel” wrestlers from the 80’s, this stable will only accept: Chaos, Nurgle, Chaos Dwarf, Chaos Pact and Norse teams into their stable. We are going to bring destruction!

Now that I got your attention.

Iam tired of all this talk. I want action, so, do you want me to set this league up, get it set to go? Or do we want to talk some more?

Well I'm glad I started something. I have a lot to do write now with moving house and such but if you want me to ba second admin PS I am happy to do it as I have already created a group. Smile
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2015 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I think each Stable should have an admin-type, to run the other tourneys.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2015 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Shall I start this up?

Also, points to consider:

1) Do we want to make it 2 N/A coaches & 2 Euros per Stable or just 4 coaches?
2) Do we want to do the 3 teams per coach of each tier?
3) Any other concerns
(Note: Please don't comment if you have no intention of being involved)
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2015 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Join the Stable [L]eague Naugh!

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=9596&p=members
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2015 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I do have a concern Mr. Brasky

Your vision of Stable is very convoluted and for some coaches way to much of a commitment.

My version is easy, straight forward and makes the time commitment to this very small.

That is just me.

Lets see what other coaches think.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2015 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

No more talk on this for some time...

So here's my idea:

4 coaches make up a stable. Each coach has 3 teams - 1 from each tier.

Stables face each other head to head.

Each stable brings a team from each tier +1 more (most likely another tier 1, but it doesn't have to be).

This would get rid of using each tier so many games, and just require that per matchup, each stable must field all 3 tiers.

Mostly about bragging rights, but after all of the Stables have faced each other, there will be a big KO tourney.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=9596
ramchop

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2015 - 08:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I like the concept of Stable Wars. I tried to get a team championship going but it stumbled through lack of interest. So I started one anyway Very Happy

Total fluff inserted into an existing league (SWL).

Basically two group pages were created this season. A High Elf group (HEROES), and a Kiwi Group (DIBBL Invaders). I simply counted each game between group members as being part of this virtual competition, and tallied up the points.

I'm sure there was the odd participant who didn't even know they were taking part. Laughing

Fluff - The Draw
Fluff- the sponsor
Fluff - a match report
Fluff - the result

Result:
Image 2 - 5 Image
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2015 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting...

What do you think about my idea?
ramchop

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2015 - 12:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea. Wrong timezone for me. Good luck with getting something going.
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2015 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
No more talk on this for some time...

So here's my idea:

4 coaches make up a stable. Each coach has 3 teams - 1 from each tier.

Stables face each other head to head.

Each stable brings a team from each tier +1 more (most likely another tier 1, but it doesn't have to be).

This would get rid of using each tier so many games, and just require that per matchup, each stable must field all 3 tiers.

Mostly about bragging rights, but after all of the Stables have faced each other, there will be a big KO tourney.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=9596

I'd say go non prog. I suppose you would need admin help.

e.g. 1200TV + n skills.

That way each coach only needs one or two teams. That would give more even matches. People are less likely to be put off by teams being out matched.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2015 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

While that's an interesting idea academically, I don't think anyone would want to play in a non-progressive league.
 Jump to: