56 coaches online • Server time: 20:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2015 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

All,

This thread is for searching for a team for the WCWU Team Challenge! If you're on your own or just need one more, post below and we'll match you up. Captains should then confirm their teams in this thread.

Good luck, and don't be shy!

From the rulespack:

The NAF World Cup is contested by teams of 6 coaches. So that we fully capture the flavour and teamwork of the event, the WCWU will also feature a Team Challenge! The Team Challenge will be contested by recording the overall performance of a group of 4-6 coaches in the WCWU. What better way to get early World Cup bragging rights than by winning the WCWU Team Challenge?!

• The WCWU team Challenge will be contested by teams of 4-6 coaches

• Each coach on the team must use a different race

• The team must nominate a captain willing to record team performance as described in this thread

• At the end of the Swiss tournament, the points of the highest scoring four coaches on each team will be totalled, and the highest overall scoring 4 teams will advance to the Team Challenge Playoff

o Captains must play in the Team Challenge Playoff and this fixture will settle ties. All other fixtures will be randomly generated

o Fixtures will depend on the number of coaches per qualifying team, e.g. if a 4 coach team qualifies, the playoff will consist of 4 games

o Ties in the WCWU Team Challenge will be broken in the same way as the WCWU

• There are no official NAF World Cup prizes available for the Team Challenge, but Purplegoo will be awarding a prize of a plastic Blood Bowl team to the performance in the Playoff final that impresses him the most!

• Looking for a team to play with? Use this matchmaking thread!

Last edited by Purplegoo on Aug 03, 2015 - 22:36; edited 1 time in total
happygrue

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2015 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

A few questions:

1) Will members of the same team end up playing each other as normal? That is, will there be any change in the way pairings or groups within timezones are determined based on the various teams?

2) Are the regular tiebreakers used in addition to the captain tiebreaker in the playoff round? And where does the captain tiebreaker fit into that if so?

3) Other than posting your team in this thread, is there anything else the captain needs to do to make the team official before kickoff?

Thanks! Looks like a blast.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2015 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Great questions, happy! I'm sure you're asking what others are thinking. Smile

1. The team event is an extra, meta event. i.e. the main tournament will run as normal, so you might well end up playing each other. We won't be making any special effort to separate team members across the groups. We hope the Team Challenge rules will go some way to compensate for unfortunate teams that play internally a couple of times (top 4 scores counting, playoffs), and we'll get some good rivalries / good natured banter going. Wink

2. Each fixture in the playoff round will have OT, so no more tiebreakers are needed. In the event of an overall tie, the captain's fixture wins the day. Tiebreakers will help get your team to the playoffs in the event of equal total scores.

3. Captains need to post their team in the scoring thread before kickoff and maintain the post with the team score after each round. That's it! Not too intensive. Smile
happygrue

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2015 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Got it, makes sense. Thanks!

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2015 - 04:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Can teams span Timezones or does each team of a group have to be in the same 'bracket' so to speak?

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2015 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Spanning timezones is fine!
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2015 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Team Fantastic recruiting, PM me or post here if u think you are pro as heck!

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2015 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Trying to round up my WC mates of team Total Reroll! Three already signed up! Very Happy

The team challenge is just great. Thanks for all the good work, Goo! Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2015 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

That's great, Verminardo. See it as brilliant practice. Smile

Team Fantastic?! All mens killers? Shocked
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2015 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Could be tough, since the usual "killer teams" don't work with so few skills. Will be interesting to see what Team Fantastic comes up with. Smile

Would be great to form a fun team with some crazy motto... but I really don't want a commitment like that right now (although the physical pizes are tempting me, too). Maybe next year. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2015 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no World Cup next year! I presume you're worried about playing 6 games, forming a team shouldn't take too long? Go on, join us... Wink

In all seriousness, let's see how the team thing works out. I'm very excited about it, so if everyone else is too and it goes well, we might see it again. Smile
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2015 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be interested in joining a team, if anyone needs a 4th person. I have no friends of my own Sad

Warning: I may enter with something silly, so don't enter if you want to get actual points... Razz

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2015 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I wasn't going to participate, but forming a team called "the Titchy and Stunty Show" is tempting...

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2015 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I approve! Go on, make this happen. That logo demands it! Razz
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2015 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblins, Halflings, Snotlings and Skinks? Very Happy

Jump to: