24 coaches online • Server time: 11:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Semitence

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

My turn usually revolves around figuring out who is close enough for Frank to blitz.
Daudy

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 06:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I think in recent times I've been multi-tasking during games, and often do not watch my opponent's turn. Subsequently, I wonder if that means I've been taking longer than usual, or making more mistakes (probably regarding the latter). I just sort of tab back in, see it's close to my turn (or indeed my turn), and figure it out then.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I can also relate to tabbing out and back in again; although this is usually only when facing a slower opponent

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
Toonie

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Some Regionals action tonight at 8:30 SWL time. Mad Midgardians vs Psych Lab.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Daudy wrote:
... often do not watch my opponent's turn. Subsequently, I wonder if that means I've been taking longer than usual, or making more mistakes (probably regarding the latter).

For my own play's sake, the latter is certainly the case.

I'd go as far as say that you can't win prem titles while multi-tasking.

Also, however long your average turn is, I find plotting your moves during opponent's turn speeds things up overall.

Finally, intentionally making turns longer to fit our opponent's turn is obviously counter-productive if we want shortening of SWL matches in the seasons to come.

Steaked vs. Whalekillers
Wed 9pm SWL time

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Samaranthae

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

My 2 cents is that its fine to hardly pay attention during my turn. I mean it'd be better if you work out YOUR turn during my turn but somepeople brains dont work like that.

HOWEVER. If you take sidestep, Stand Firm, Fend or really any of those skills which you need to press a button during my turn. THEN PAY ATTENTION. I feel this is just a common courtesy.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:

I've won Prem titles while exercising consistently during my opponents turns (I made a thread about it).

Lately I think i've been playing too quickly which is leading to lazy errors. Gotta slow down!

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

During my opponents turn I set up a bloodbowl board on the table and move all the pieces to match the game on the computer. It helps me plan out things better and there's no substitute for the feel of real life miniatures on your naked thigh skin. Also I never lose on the board. I think the games broken.
Daudy

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
Balle2000 wrote:

I've won Prem titles while exercising consistently during my opponents turns (I made a thread about it).

I only vaguely remember that thread, but didn't the amount/kind of exercise depend on what happened in game? As in, you had to pay attention anyway?!
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:

Really? I wasn't sure if that thread was 100% factual. Was it one of them easy mode teams then?

Bobs

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

All his teams were easy mode Balle.

Crocs butt heads with Colliders Thursday 22:00

DustBunny

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Madness Mountain Misery vs Kiwiana Cavaliers tomorrow 5pm SWL time

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
Samaranthae

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2015 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Gday folks and welcome to Talkin Bloody

This week saw most of round 2 played and most of round 3 completed in the reggies. When the smoke cleared in prem there seem to be 2 clear front runners and a peleton tied for 3rd.

Play of the Week

The stat freak Luke Skywalker will certainly be a pearl holder of the future. However that doesn't mean we shouldn't start trying to assasinate him now.

This blitz to push Luke Skywalker into the crowd worked in the most unexpected way. While the Statfreak was merely asked for the occasional autograph on his way back to the dugout.

Ewok the Black orc took it to heart. Dying momentarily only to be saved by the apoth.

Round 2 Obituaries

Last week we lamented the lack of Perms in SWL. We're glad to announce they seem to have returned for round two. The Chokeland Graders returned, after a season sabbatical, and immediately wished they hadn't taking four non regenerated permenant injuries from the aptly names Horrors of Skye.

The following players didn't survive round two. It is with a heavy heart that I ask you to look at this list and ask yourself. "what can I do to help make this list longer in the future"

Oh and some journeymen and rookie stunties died but... theyre journeymen and stunties.

Coaches Corner

This weeks attempted play is a triple chain push for a turn 8 touchdown.

In Panel one we see the wight needs to be pushed one square to the right in order to be in range to score a touchdown with two go for its. In order to do this the werewolf and two zombies need to move to plug the holes.

In Panel two we see the chainpush. As you calculate this just keep remembering that the person being pushed needs to have no empty square that they can go into. And remember the direction of the push. This generally goes wrong when the coach does a diagonal but sets up the three squares above or to the side not the diagonal. Take your time and work it out a couple of times. Your opponent wont mind you thinking THIS kind of play through. And you'll still be faster than Faulcon.

So as you can see the pushes worked and the wight is clear and ready to received the pass. Lets see how it went.

Bugger.

Ok well please join us again next week for Talkin Bloody where we remember the life and career of one of the Pearl Holders. Well at least that's what we're hoping for.

Last edited by Samaranthae on Sep 06, 2015 - 02:05; edited 1 time in total
bigbullies

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2015 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Woohoo i made play of the week Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2015 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe that Sotek Saurus earned the "Plucking Hell" badge for intercepting needing 10+ or more.

Jump to: