39 coaches online • Server time: 14:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is teh sexiest OBBA star?
The Duke
49%
 49%  [ 26 ]
The Duke
50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 53

Medon

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2015 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

And redo the MLS draw AGAIN because of you???
spock

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2015 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

He's jost mad that 'e lost 'is first match. And to a rookie team Wink
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2015 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

oogle

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2015 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

So, yeah... this happened.

Dream Team Barcelona vs. QPR

You ever have one of those games where you feel like you rolled double skulls or skull/pows on a unskilled team EVERY turn.

Well, feast your eyes on the replay, and you shall see that I managed to achieve it.

The dice were just unusable. Starting Chaos Pact were going to be hard, I know, but to have THIS be their opening effort is extremely discouraging.

I had +2 fame, and got an extra reroll each half, but that was about the best thing to happen.

Very first block I threw? double skulls.
After that, every turn had me rolling a double skull block, or a set of skull/pows that I had no Block to account for. It's all in the replay.

If you add to that the fact that my opponent had only 1 Wild Animal with his RO and 1 failed die (a failed pick up in 2nd half t5 which could have easily been a 7-1 finish in the long run rather than 6), his dice were completely the opposite of mine. Pows every turn, 1d blocks, and even the 1 -2d block he decided to make with his Storm Vermin (a pow, or a skull/pow, and since he has block.....)

It's just frustrating when you enter a match and it's not coaching or players, it's dice that don't let you do ANYTHING. Believe me, dreamscreator did EXACTLY what he was supposed to do. He took advantage of every single opportunity, and that's what good coaches do, so my hat tipped to him for getting it done in the best way possible for his squad.

It may seem like a dice rant, but it's really just frustration, as since I'm new to OBBA, I really wanted to at least show SOMETHING in my first venture in with the squad. Just really unfortunate.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2015 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

gah! 'orribles!

still, get them bad dice out of the way first up! onwards to game 2!

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2015 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, we can only go forward from here!
Next up: The ladies of Green Bay.

We likes to touch the hynees....
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2015 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

OBBA Championship Season 23 - Round 1 match report.

Bristol Reavers 1 - 1 Madchester City

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3716131

'Well, Bob, that was truely a game of two halves, you have to score goals to win, and each team put in 110% effort.'

'Bill, stop talking in cliches, even if you are right on the button in this case, a good old fashioned bit of biffo, jumpers for goalposts, oo that giggsy-wiggsy, wot ho.'

----

Madchester took the pitch in their gold-plated armour, forged in the heat of the Qatari sun, to play the scrufy ne'er-do-wells of Bristol Reavers. At the other end of the pitch the stench of fermented apples rose from the huddled orc scrum: 'oo da 'ell be thiz lot dem', spat Bodgy Joe. 'They be them rich buggas from da norf, they be' mumbled Tom Lockyer, the words barely understandable thru the hay stalks in his mouth. 'Well, I'z gonna kik dem in da ballz all day long, or me name in't Bodgy.' 'Shut it, yoo lot,' barked Applejack Sid. 'Dis lot may have da moneys, and da golds, but screw 'em all. We is Reavers, and we been there and seen it all, n' we ain't gonna take a step nowhere nohow bakwards today. We bin 'ad a little chat with dat here referwee ova' dere, and we tellz 'im dat we know where 'ee been livin'. Bodgy -- get dem boots ready. It be ball kikin time, it be.'

And so it began. The first half Madchester drive looked good until a couple of desperate Reavers' blocks got them the ball back; but then Applejack Sid tripped trying to get the ball downfield, and City recovered the ball and scored in T8.

Second half began with the Reaver's drive, which stalled for a turn or two, but then punched down the left and found clear space. Madchester's team started leaving the field at this point - first via KOs (mainly from the boot of Joe), and then later a couple of BHs from the rock hard ground and failed dodges.

A draw was probably the right result, given the swings in dice and the slow teams involved, and both teams have a solid platform to build on for the season.

gg Valen, and gl in rd2!

All hail Bodgy Joe and his 9 fouls (unseen!!!). He is trying for the Dirty player awards this season.

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2015 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

It was that kind of game that you want forget early. Sorry about that Apojar, I know that kind of feeling that I have been with other teams. Sometimes I think that Fumbbl choose some teams to have the worst bad luck possible. And have that bad luck against a team with three players of movement 9... well, it's not the best.

I hope you have better luck the next time.
dreamscreator

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2015 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

As Apojar write the review I will wait for my next game to do it in the round 3, I have one round of relax!
Apojar

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2015 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

So, where's all the action?

Being the new guy, I'm itching to take full advantage of everything in this league, including getting to watch some out-of-my-conference matches!

Is there a chat channel we use? Is there a separate post that has upcoming game times? I'm a lookin' for some hawt hawt OBBA action!
Medon

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2015 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm fully with you Apojar! I hope people will use the 'schedule' button more often (the little clock below your team in the home screen). This way, the match pops up here: https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=4262&p=scheduled and at least you know when to log in and spectate a match. For me, spectating other OBBA matches is part of the fun!
Royston

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2015 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I always try to use scheduler with my opponents. They don't always accept though.

However if you want to spec, my game is tonight at 9pm.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2015 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy guys, Apojar here.

I'm one of the new folks down in Conference North. If you read the review, the chaps at NBC Sports expect me to stay there for at least another season, and after my first showing, a 6-1 loss to dreamscreator's Spanish Skaven, that looks rather likely. Damn those NBC Sports gurus...

Thanks for having me so far.

I notice that you folks in the Premiere Division are using the scheduler, for which I say THANK YOU TONS! I can make arrangements (when I can) to come spec your matches with great excitement.

To that, in case you didn't see what's scheduled so far, there are not 1, but 2 Premiere matches scheduled for this afternoon!

m0gw41 and the dead'uns from Ragenham 'N Dedbridge

will be taking on:

Pro-Russia Dortmund, those sneaky pointy-ear types from coach DatMonsta

We will also be getting to see:

Wotfudboy and the Watford Hornhits

take on:

Swampsea City, the leaping terrors from DaCoach.

BOTH matches are set for 22:00 server time.
Tune in and cheer for a team, or if you're like me, just cheer for a great match (and blood.... lots of blood...)
flydd

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2015 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The crazy gang have just played their first game in the conference south and what a result it was. 3-0 victory to the flings with a 4-0 cas difference means they are sitting pretty at the top of the table after the first round of games.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2015 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

OBBA Championship Season 23 - Round 1 match reporrrrrt

Hellas Verdona vs. Gobbo Vallecano

SAWZ!
BOMBZ!
BALLZ!
so many BALLZ you would thought you were in a Frankie Goes to Holliwood video!

Oh, well... maybe... maybe not.

They KNEW about the goblins and they FEARED us... so the match was tricked and we had to clash right at the start, so that other teams in the round would have been less hassled. But what a flimsy hope it is! Yes! Flimsy! Filthy humiez believed that we would have crossed the fluxes of our weapons and BOOM!
Instead, all our weeponz survived... the result means little (tho the Hellas Verdona had the upper hand in this match), because WEEPONZ! SAW! HACK! BASH! MAIM!
and score. when there will be no more opponents left.

FOR THE GREAT GOBBO IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS!
FEAR THE GREEN!
FORZA OBBA!

Jump to: