65 coaches online • Server time: 22:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Toonie

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2015 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

That would be much appreciated Tomay, might have to hire a couple of admins to help run things if we have to do it manually.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2015 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

With Thunderdome progressing to the championship match, the call is out for the next contender's tourney. The tourney is open TV, so can be any size, but the bigger the better.
Two other things i will be introducing are SWL Legends comps, which will be King of the Hill knockout tournaments and the other is a swiss style tournament using new teams, which will use a lot of crazy rule changes like spiked balls, players having a chance to KO themselves when piling on and other assorted goodies.
I will write some fluff for these tournaments later on.
If you want to take part in any of these, send me a PM with which tournament you want to play in and also what team you will be using.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2015 - 05:34 Reply with quote Back to top

As from what i posted on the SWL Season LXI thread, I am willing to set up some Smacks and stuff for coaches to participate in.
These smacks do not have to played all in one day/night, we can set a period of a week to get them played.
Each Smack will consist of 8 teams, meaning if you win, you will be required to play a minimum of 3 games for the week.
Smacks I will set up and take teams for are rookie(fresh team, 0 games played), 125TV, 150TV, 175TV and Open TV(at least 200TV or above teams).
Coaches can participate in as many of these as they want and if we have the numbers, could set up multiple smacks for each smack size.
I'm also thinking of trying to implement awards for Fringe eg. Fringe coach of the month, team of the month, most improved etc.
This will involve a point system for games played and tournaments won in the fringe, also activity within the fringe playing socially, but more that at a later date.
So to sign up for the smacks, just post your team name and what smack you want to enter them in.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2015 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Are we finishing off that unregistered one from the other day?
Because my useless elves would happily get smacky!

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
Toonie

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2015 - 06:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah Bunny, at least with this setup, hopefully be assured of getting a few comps going.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2015 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I will put in my Troy McClure Presents... They are at 1160TV so whatever.

I'll be keen to put in my rookie Lizards at a later date.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2015 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Could we perhaps amend the week long deadline to a month? I can't commit to an extra 3 games a week. And the way I see it, surely not a big deal to tie up fringe sides for that long? Just a suggestion

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Toonie

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2015 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:
Could we perhaps amend the week long deadline to a month? I can't commit to an extra 3 games a week. And the way I see it, surely not a big deal to tie up fringe sides for that long? Just a suggestion

Well smacks are usually run over 2 days, people normally play back to back games, the idea is to be a quick KO fromat tourney and it's already being extended by dragging them out to a week.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2015 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe do the short smacks, and also have a slower one for coaches like DDS?

Bio template here.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2015 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

well... after a game with my 200+ vampires tonight Wink

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2015 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

we need more side tourneys for fringe teams
Toonie

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2015 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

RedMaul wrote:
we need more side tourneys for fringe teams

I have tried setting these up Redmaul, got Thunderdome up and running but then couldn't get people interested to play the next one.
I have advertised here and in IRC for quick smacks and also tried to get other tourneys running, but it seems people are more interested in watching games than rather play them.
There are plans in the works to offer more incentive to play fringe, these will be implemented in the new year, but for now we'll still try to get stuff going until then.

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2015 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Something like the sprints that are set up for blackbox could help.

http://www.cmanu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb/stats/leaders.html?sprintId=164

Count the best 5? fringe games of each team for the period of the SWL proper (4 for a win, 2 for a draw, 1 for a loss), including any fringe tournament games, do a best of each race, and set up some tahnlows for best players overall. A few baubles and you'd probably see more interest.

Encourages me to keep playing stunties in blackbox, so it's gotta be pretty good. Any game's a good game, play when you're free, play to win, and a point for losing encourages someone to play stunties too. Smile

http://www.cmanu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb/stats/sprint.html?sprintId=164&raceId=-4

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2015 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
Something like the sprints that are set up for blackbox could help.

http://www.cmanu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb/stats/leaders.html?sprintId=164

Count the best 5? fringe games of each team for the period of the SWL proper (4 for a win, 2 for a draw, 1 for a loss), including any fringe tournament games, do a best of each race, and set up some tahnlows for best players overall. A few baubles and you'd probably see more interest.
Encourages me to keep playing stunties in blackbox, so it's gotta be pretty good. Any game's a good game, play when you're free, play to win, and a point for losing encourages someone to play stunties too. Smile

http://www.cmanu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb/stats/sprint.html?sprintId=164&raceId=-4

We won't be implementing anything as there is already something in the works, I can't divulge too much on it.
As for now we can just try and set up smacks, racial tourneys etc.
I asked people to post in here if they wanted to play anything and to list what teams they wanted to use and for what comp they wanted to participate in.
Everybody can't be on irc all the time to keep an eye out for stuff to happen.
Also people don't want to lock their teams up in short comps that have a long time frame, when they want to play a smack, they want to be done in 2-3 days max, which isn't a big ask for a maximum of 3 games.
Even when we have had around 20+ coaches in irc, i announced about smack tourneys and we couldn't get more than 4 people interested.
A big problem is people come on here wanting to play more, but when we give them the opportunity to play, they don't seem interested.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2017 - 08:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Necro!

After a bloodless coup, SMACKS are back!

We have one SMACK that has yet to be run....

First round TW must be at or below 170k. Subsequent rounds, TV increase over the 170k limit cannot be more than skills gained, winnings won, or fan factor ummm factored, during the tournament.

Sign up here, or catch my attention in discord. I'll kick it off on Saturday night if we get 4 teams or more.

November 2517 TV170 SMACK teams signed up:
Image Same Same But Different - ramchop
Image Women in Refrigerators - Foad
Image butchersbullies - bigbullies
Image pdarbs wild host - pdarbs
Image Fungal Finks - jevouse
Image Bush Cobras - Balle2000
Image Same Again - tussock
Image Fringe Lurkers - Sharper

Last edited by ramchop on Nov 25, 2017 - 02:10; edited 2 times in total
 Jump to: