12 coaches online • Server time: 06:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings, all.

I've noticed we don't currently have a central World Cup resource. So I thought we should start one.

This November, over 900 coaches will descend on Lucca, Italy to contest the third NAF World Cup. The big cheese. The grande fromage, the, oh well, you get it. Many FUMBBLers will be in attendance, and many more of you will no doubt want to give it a cursory glance and follow events as they happen or shortly afterward. But how?

Well, for all of the up front information, the NAF World Cup rulespack can be found here, and more details regarding the World Cup can be found at the dedicated website, here. You can read all about it on the dedicated NAF and TFF forums. It will no doubt be covered at length in the NAF newsletter, which you can receive for free if not a member. Forward to a friend here.

Social media has become a common way to update friends at home on overseas tournaments. The NAF has it's own Facebook page and you can find them on Twitter @OfficialNAF. However, the best commentary will probably come from you, us that are there on our own social media, on FUMBBL blogs, etc. You can follow @PurplegooPhil if you like, and when not drunk or asleep or both, I might eventually say something of use. I encourage everyone that is attending to share their own method of getting in touch if they wish below, so FUMBBLers at home can piece together a tapestry of what's going on from their laptop.

This is also a great place to ask any questions regarding the WC or the NAF in general, where you can get involved, who to speak to, etc. So whack those in whilst you're at it.

I'm sure the build-up and in-tournament buzz will build to a pretty awesome tsunami when the time comes. Can't wait! Please join me in excited abandon. Razz
sann0638

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

What has this got to do with BB2 though? Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Who can say. Perhaps Chaos Theory says without one, there cannot be the other?

All I know is I hope this can generate a few pages to rival that behemoth of a forum chewer.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Love a bit of reverse causality.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't you mean reverse casualty? I love that! Casually. Naturally Razz
fxiii

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

5 weeks to wait, argg !!

it should be awesome !!!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

fxiii wrote:
5 weeks to wait, argg !!

it should be awesome !!!

Indeed. Wink

Any idea if the Team France or French league Twitter accounts are going to be used during the tournament? Would be good for our French friends to have something to follow they don't have to translate. Ditto for other nations and languages!
sann0638

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Tres bien! Je posterai en Francais, peut-etre?

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see Live Scoring. For this and for all NAF-tournaments. Once a match is registered the result is registered online.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that would be lovely in the perfect world. I don't know what the organisers are planning for the WC, perhaps Mike will know more. Maybe with a larger team organising and running the tournament, results could go up in 'real time' as per the NAFC. Maybe not, as it is a lot of people to look after and I'm sure there will be hectic moments.

In your 'normal', 20-30 man tournament staffed by a one man team (who may also need to play to make numbers up), this is less likely. Sorting out the money paying customers and ensuring the thing runs smoothly for those involved will probably trump real time resulting. Even if a version of scoring software existed that linked to the new website and zinged results up there in real time (all things are possible one day), not all events have Wi-Fi.

But anyway. In an ideal world, it'd be lovely.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2015 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

At the very least results will be posted online as soon as they are available to contestants, or in fact that is how contestants might find out (see the fab NAFC as an example).

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm *hugely* excited! And fully plan (battery allowing) to spam the bejaysus out of Twitter (not really a change in my normal behaviour) whilst at the NAFWC Very Happy

@wormito

@wormito on twitter

Waterbowl Commissioner
sebco

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
fxiii wrote:
5 weeks to wait, argg !!

it should be awesome !!!

Indeed. Wink

Any idea if the Team France or French league Twitter accounts are going to be used during the tournament? Would be good for our French friends to have something to follow they don't have to translate. Ditto for other nations and languages!

I've asked this question on the main BB french forum: http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/t3725-reporting-pendant-la-world-cup

It seems some french coachs plan to use the team France twitter account to follow the 30 french teams and world cup in general, yes. So there will be news from Lucca in french also. Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Bon!

Jump to: