44 coaches online • Server time: 12:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2005 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
...But playing at 6 would be cheating in a 4vs4 and therefore allow a disconnection...

I don't think so. Playing with a 6-man team doesn't break any FUMBBL rules, therefore it's up to the group commissioner to deal with it. In this case, by booting the coach and spreading the word of his treachery far and wide for all to hear.

That said, it was really just a technicality and I only brought it up to make a tangential point. I don't actually imagine this would ever really happen, it was just a hypothetical example.

By the same token, I don't really see DeathGerbil lining up to apply to the No Fouling League and then going in with the express intention of getting banned form the group. It's just not something that you do, you know?

{ edit: sorry. I am sooo damn bad at staying on topic. To try to tie this in, I'd say that using a group for "recovery" games means no assistance from the admins. It's just not their jurisdiction, you know? Consider my point made (whether or not you agree) and I'll leave you to your thread. }

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2005 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok. From what I can gather.............

1) Generally people don't mind the idea of recovery games. As I said, at some time or another all players suffer a nasty game.

2) 'Fluff' (what a god-awful word) teams are greeted with non-opinion other than that they add a bit of character to the game and could be used to create a RP group.

3) Agreements not to foul (or even block) are just plain dumb.

Personally I don't foul unless someone has a go for one of my guys first, but that's just my opinion. You should never make any agreements to play games so that players can get lots of SPPs for passing/scoring (unless a couple of mates want to see if they can make a pitch-long Hail Mary pass to a waiting treeman).

4) Opinion is split as to if a group would work.

I think an IRC channel would be better but I'm about as good with computers as my Vamp team is at staying on the pitch. If anybody can offer a suggestion/help , please do so.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2005 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the channel makes sense. Just make the channel already.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Right then.

Anybody with a reasonably weak squad (9 players or less with low team 'strength') can now go to the chat channel Here-to-help.

I cannot personally maintain a presence within the server (dial up connection which cuts out every 2 hours) so if anybody else can, please make a channel using the name

/join #Here-to-help

by typing the text above on the fumbbl server window.

If nobody is able to maintain this then simply whoever wants a game is free to create the same channel for the duration of their stay in chat. Please be aware just what team you are agreeing to play if somebody wants a game with you. I am aware that the more unscrupulous amongst the players may pit a 'weak' 8 man Ogre squad (all of whom have several skills) against 9 unskilled elves. Just make sure that you aren't playing people out for easy wins.

If you are the one to create the channel please give it an appropriate topic name. I leave it up to whoever does so to decide but just make sure it's related to the channel itself. It would be a bit dumb if people entered the channel in order to find out why their Javabowl download isn't working.
 Jump to: