20 coaches online • Server time: 07:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Steve

Post 14 Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!

So you bought into Cyanids BB2, thinking it would be awsome? Did you google "online blood bowl forum" to get some strategy tips and ended up on fumbbl?And now you are *facepalming* yourself for spending that cash when all you could have done was come here in the first place?

Well then this thread is for you!

I myself is coming back to fumbbl after some hiatus related to wife, three kids, work and some dabbling with real life tabletop.

Well, I find myself in a situation where I sometimes don't have the time to play a game, but rather ends up in front of the computer making logos for my teams in GIMP. Now I have reached a point to where I need to start up a new team just to make a logo. So I thougt that, rather then wasting them om me, I could give them away or take requests from other coaches. Inspired by akaRentons exellent thread where he makes logos for those who donates to the site, I thought I could give them away to Cyanide noobs like a "welcome to fummbl gift" as a start as their seems to be some migration from cyanide to fumbbl going on lately.(Maybe I start make logos for orhers to, but thats further down the line.)

The logos ain't nothing fancy, mostly a picture from the internet paired with the teamname in some random font topped with some mediocre brushwork. But I know that a nice logo can make you stick with a team and make up some nice fluff, and in the end make you stick to fumbbl and contribute in your own way. So it's for the greater good. Very Happy

So...

If your a cyanide noob stumbling into fumbbl, trying to create your first team, and want a logo, give me a shout! I will try my best to make you feel welcome.

*Just a note, I did mention my life with three kids, wife and work right? It may take some time if I get a lot o requests. Just a heads up.

Some examples could be in order

Se you on the pitch!

Last edited by Steve on Oct 08, 2015 - 19:56; edited 1 time in total
Steve

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually the teamname that got me inspired to to this was a team I stumbled across in the noob welcoming thread. Here you go Stu-stu, Welcome!

Actually I can see I messed up withs some lines visible in the background. I shall go back an clean that up.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah nice idea Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

awesome! great initiative! Very Happy

in response to "not enough time to play": I feel the same sometimes and have had to cut down on league committments due to RL. If there only was a "PBeM-mode" in the client... I would be so happy Rolling Eyes
MDeLarge

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

So nice! Count with me to welcome noobs Very Happy
Steve

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is one to Zed, eventhough he is no noob, he politely asked for a logo for his team Bushnipper. Here you go!

Zed

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Tks a lot, hope it brings me luck in the Stunty Cup final, evil nasty look on it =)

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Top stuff Steve, if you need any images to use for logos you can also try one of my other pet projects, the FUMBBL Image Library. I haven't updated as much as normal lately due to the logos and other things but it does have over 2000 images on it. It also has a link to a search on pixabay that brings up over 18,000 free to use images that are mostly excellent.

I also tend to use either cooltext.com or flamingtext.com for any lettering in logos. Be aware if you use flamingtext it will have a small watermark in the bottom right of the image, it's easily erased though in Gimp - which is a free piece of image software, link to that is also in the Image Library.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
mdd31

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

akaRenton wrote:
Top stuff Steve, if you need any images to use for logos you can also try one of my other pet projects, the FUMBBL Image Library. I haven't updated as much as normal lately due to the logos and other things but it does have over 2000 images on it. It also has a link to a search on pixabay that brings up over 18,000 free to use images that are mostly excellent.

I also tend to use either cooltext.com or flamingtext.com for any lettering in logos. Be aware if you use flamingtext it will have a small watermark in the bottom right of the image, it's easily erased though in Gimp - which is a free piece of image software, link to that is also in the Image Library.

Those logos need to get uploaded to the main Fumbbl logo page so people can use them. I didn't even know these pics existed, they are awesome!
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

this is a great initiative!

Thanks!

Could it be added to the welcome PM?

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2015 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

akaRenton wrote:

Thanks for the kind words and helpful tips! I will sure look into your collection of pictures and those text making sites, they seems great. Currently I tend to work exclusively in GIMP, but all help is great!
Very Happy
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2015 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

mdd31 wrote:
akaRenton wrote:

Those logos need to get uploaded to the main Fumbbl logo page so people can use them. I didn't even know these pics existed, they are awesome!

The point of the library was to avoid burdening the FUMBBL servers with thousands of images. I will probably add a link to it on the welcome note though as their seems to be some interest again Very Happy

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Steve

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the newcomers from Cyanide are not exactly lining up in masses to get a team logo. Perhaps it was a too narrow requirement.

I'll give it a couple of days more to get the snowball rolling before I change the terms.

So, any newcomers who want a team logo, just drop a line in the tread or send me a PM.

//Steve

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Newcomer? Check? Interested in fluff and the lighter side of the game check? Willing and able to take any and all help offered, including shiny things? That's a huge check!

In all seriousness, thanks for your reply to my "noob alert" post on the forums, and I would be more than delighted if you would/could help me with this sir. I mostly play wood elves, violent wood elves. Very violent wood elves. Any ideas would be most welcome!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

May you make the logos for Chaos Pact and Underworld?
These teams need some love!
 Jump to: