30 coaches online • Server time: 12:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SirIndigo

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

This is for any TAFL Season 1 match-reports, predictions, etc. Also general feedback on how the league rules are working out.

West Side Division
Brukklin Dodgers (1-1-0)
World's Edge Warchiefs (0-1-1)
True Dallas Cowgirls (1-0-0)
Croakland Raider's (0-0-1)

East Side Division
Averland Elfgulls (1-1-1)
Florida Man and his goons (2-1-1)
Ghrond Bay Hackers (1-1-0)
Nordland Iguanas (1-1-2)

Cross Divisional match-ups:
Brukklin Dodgers V Averland Elfgulls (3-0)
World's Edge Warchiefs V Florida Man and his goons (1-2)
True Dallas Cowgirls V Kislev Bay Buccaneers (2-1)
Croakland Raider's V Nordland Iguanas (0-3)

Gl and hf

Last edited by SirIndigo on %b %02, %2015 - %03:%Nov; edited 13 times in total
zhraia

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

when playing our cross divisional game, we had to put players 11 players on the field
SirIndigo

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I am sorry about that. Kind of a crappy gift for getting your game played first heh, but it should be fixed for everyone else.
zhraia

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

It didn't change anything. Florida man don't mind.
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2015 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

So the first game for the Brukklin Dodgers has been played against the Averland Elfgulls, and fulfilled all the expectations for the huge numders of rat fans that came out to see it. With the crowd behind them, the Dodger's defense was able to keep tight discipline and halt the elves in their tracks, with one unlucky elf catcher falling foul of the high stakes and managing to kill himself with a failed dodge! The skaven offense looked shaky for a while at the start of the second half, but the Dodger's runners lived up to their team name and managed to pull off a score, leaving the defensive line to do their thing once again.

A really fun game that was everything I had hoped for from this league- high intenstity, quick plays and real edge of your seat stuff. Thanks SirIndigo for the match. Bring on the divisional games!
SirIndigo

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The Kislev Bay Buccaaneers have sailed away to some foreign land, and in their place in the East Side Division come the Ghrond Bay Hackers
SirIndigo

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2015 - 05:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Season one divisional matches are up.
zhraia

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

IN TODAYS NEWS:
Florida man molests wimpy elfs, steals balls in confusion but the elfs stole them back in time for treatment. Florida man gets robbed and gives the offending elf a broken arm.
Many elfs were injured while assaulting the butt scratchers (for some reason).
Some other things happened and the rightful ruler of middle earth got the game to a draw.
SirIndigo

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Averland and Nordland faced off in what probably should've been a sweep for the Lizards. However, a slippery ball and some questionable dodges let the elfs pull of the tie.

Note: For the initial kick-off I misread who was receiving and set up my offense for a defensive drive. If this happens in any of your games, play with what you set up. Please try to not let this happen however. Repeated offenses of this rule will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
zhraia

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

IN TODAYS NEWS
Florida man gets into a drunken bar brawl. There might have been a game at the time, nobody remembers.
SirIndigo

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2015 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to point out that going into our round three matches the East Side Division is in a four-way tie.
zhraia

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2015 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

It's nice that it is even.

But florida man will solve all problems, one way or another.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2015 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know what others are thinking I had been waiting until the end of my season to say anything but it's something I have thought since my first game. I feel like he RR situation needs looking over. Out of my 4 games 2 have been basically decided by dice with the other coach having next to no chance and 1 very reliant. Only had one game where the dice seemed to be equal which is important because RRs are there to mitigate bad dice. Take them away and you get 2 or 3 bad dice in consecutive turns which is very possible it's game over.

I'm not saying unlimited RRs for everyone but I think there needs to be more than 1 to make every game competitive because I have been on both sides of the dice and neither are much much fun to play. Only enjoying 1 game and semi enjoying another is not a great advert for the league I don't feel.
Alimack

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2015 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't disagree with you that the lack of rerolls makes it more difficult to mitigate bad luck, and would not object to increasing the limit slightly (one extra allowed per 500 TV, maybe? or per season played to represent more experience...?).

That said I've really enjoyed both of the TAFL games I've played so far, despite the lack of a safety net. I feel that I'm playing a lot more tactically with my Orcs than I usually do - in my last match against the Brukklin Dodgers I actually had to use teamwork to score, turning down blocks to build a screen rather than just marking up and putting the boot in.

At the moment I like the format a lot. It's probably tougher on teams like Chaos and Lizardmen, though (at least at the moment) as they're lacking basic skills and don't really have any positionals.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2015 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know about TV. Since higher TV has more skills to need less RRs anyway. And the per season would end up with eventually unlimited. I support a limit, just not as low as it is.

Rather I think RRs should go down rather than up as TV increases if that's a chosen method. So maybe 3 under 1500 2 under 2000 and 1 over 2000 for example. With the teams that are unlimited still unlimited and the Vamps on a different scale to give them more than normal teams but not unlimited.

DLE College 7s
 Jump to: