21 coaches online • Server time: 09:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
happygrue

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2015 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the official location for all discussion of ARR Badges and ARRt. Recently it's become appARRent that we didn't have a good location for this so stuff is being debated and worked on here and there in various topics and IRC. That's all well and good, but I wouldn't want something to get lost in the shuffle. So post your badge ideas, ARRtwork (even works in progress) and feedback about ARR badges (or banners and so on) here!

First up, ArrestedDevelopment has been doing some great work for on a number of badges (including the great mini logo for signatures below).
ArrestedDevelopment: Hit us with your stuff below!

Kam: Show us that league banner (once admin-clicked).

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2015 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool beans.

Anyways, here's what's been produced so fARR (as always, nothing final until approved by the group, and no salt if something isn't wanted):

Image Ultimate WARRior badge

Image Royal Rookie RumblARR

Image Man the hARRpoons! (if ye sees the white whale... defeat a team over ???? TV)

Image unbelievARR

I think if we all stick our heads togethARR we can come up with a whole host of things to strive towARRds and plenty of trophies to wARRn and wARRm enemies and friends...

I'm pretty whimsical in what I do, so I'm not going to officially sign myself up to a big schedule or whatevARR, but if something does grab my attention I will probably do it within an hour or two of thinking about it (WARRior badge litARRally arose out of Happygrue mentioning it in irc and me thinking how I'd like to stick the ultimate warrior's old getup on a gobbo).

I think a badge for losing every game of a sprint (I believe that was losARR? but I think a slightly moARR positive tone might encourage newbies more hehe, maybe have one for losing all, and one for not having any wins?) is on the cARRds soon, simply because I might as well make one I'm likely to get myself hARR hARR.

OthARR than that, I think a badge for an ARR side that has half or more of its sprint wins against fellow ARR teams (Wolf gathARRed amongst sheep), a badge for shutting out 4-6+ teams on a sprint, and possibly the hARRdest for some of the teams... positive cas total ovARR a sprint (was thinking "othARR scoreboAARd" as title). Obviously these are just things to throw into the mix and discuss.

oh and here's the code to copy/paste the mini-image for a clickable sig:
Code:
[url=https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=8767&op=view][img]https://fumbbl.com/i/465979[/img][/url]

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2015 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks great so far! LosARR is often bandied about and I think there are some folks who would enjoy it. I've always been more focused on the "more positive" badges, but having a wooden spoon could be fun too. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2015 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Image LosARR

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2015 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome! I'm going to let cdassak mess with exactly which/how/details of new badges next season, but I love what you're doing. Especially throwing the the red ARR in the titles to make it pop while still being readable.

If the mood strikes you, here are a few other ideas that have been kicking around for a while that I particularly like:

WalkARR; Slow and steady wins the race! Play some number of games (16? 32? 50?). Mostly for those folks who don't finish a sprint but do keep playing their team over time.

FightARR, or MastARR BrawlARR: Win 5 brawls!

CentARRion: A team with 100 games in the box! ARR!

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Got some stuff on tap for the other two as well Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

And fARR those that prefARR to think of themselves as rowdiARR...

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I am looking at the group page but have no idea what any of these awAARds are for. Help?

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

CentARRtion is for a team with 100 games.
WalkARR was an old idea about having a badge for teams that don't complete a sprint.
All new badges will be included in the group page when I find the time to work on it.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmm, maybe we can award the WalkARR badge to the worst SprintARR of each season. More fluffy I think...

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
I am looking at the group page but have no idea what any of these awAARds are for. Help?

Part of why I'm stepping down is because I've been getting worse and worse at keeping things up to date over the last 6 months, so the group page is a bit of a mess at the moment. This thread is for development but stuff here may not have an "official" definition yet.

I do like the idea of giving something to the lowest scoring sprintARR, though I also like giving something to the various people who might play 5-10 games a season for several seasons but never quite make a sprint in the course of a season. Though they could always aim for that 100 game mark...

WalkARR going to lowest scoring sprint does fit well with the "Sprint" theme as the "slowest" team, so that makes some sense.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2015 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

shame the old "luck" meter is gone... No idea how we'd put this in but it amused the hell out of me Wink Better to be lucky than good and all that

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2015 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice. Very Happy

That is pretty amusing!

Perhaps getting quad skulls in a game but still winning? Wink

Or maybe getting that POW/POW on a -2d blitz of a blodging ballcarrier...

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2015 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
shame the old "luck" meter is gone... No idea how we'd put this in but it amused the hell out of me Wink Better to be lucky than good and all that

I may need to put this on my Underworld team. Wink

Jeffro
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2015 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

All luck and no skill, the man they calls keggiemckill Wink